The Question

Chasing What You Can Not Have

     Taeil pulled Ana away from the BBC once the useless meeting was over. They walked over to the front of the school and took a seat on a bench. "So...I heard about what Jaehyo told you at the party," Taeil inquired. Ana gave him a confused look, not fully understanding what he was implying. "About how he likes you?"

      Ana nodded as the memory came back, but was still lost as to why he was mentioning it. Taeil sighed. She does not even realize she was that close to cheating on kitty. How annoying. "You know, Jaehyo really does like you. It would be stupid not to go out with him," Taeil further pushed his suggestion, hoping the girl would catch on. She was smart, right?

     "But I'm with Yukwon? I can't just break up with him," she reasoned. Your not going to break up with him.

     "Don't worry about that. Yukwon is understanding, I will tell him if you don't want to. You and Jaehyo have some history right?" Taeil was right on the edge of persuading her, he felt it. Ana seemed to become nostalgic as her memories of Jaehyo came to her. Ana and Jaehyo have been friends for as long as she was friends with B-Bomb and Lia. He was always there for her, no matter how tough the situation got. She sighed, the choice was obvious.

     "Alright. Jaehyo is very important to me, and I have been with him for longer. So, please tell Yukwon for me? I don't want to see his disappointment when he finds out," she told the nerd. Taeil nodded and grinned deviously to himself. "I'll make sure he is at the new cafe tonight, so get ready so you guys can talk things out, kay?" Taeil asked. The girl agreed as she walked towards what Taeil assumed to be her house. Once she was out of sight he pulled out his phone and texted Jihoon.

     I did it. Convinced her 2 cheat on kitty -T

     Gr8? Y r u tellin me this? -J

     Cuz now kitty wont b stuck with her -T

     U still dont like her? -J

     Not 4 a sec -T

     Taeil put his phone up and stood up, searching for Jaehyo. Taeil knew for a fact he went to the cafe. Upon entering, he saw that the pretty boy was hanging out with Zico and Kyung. Taeil took a seat beside him. "Do me a favor," Taeil instantly asked as he turned to face Jaehyo. "Umm, sure?" he replied.

     "Go to the new cafe tonight. Ana wants to talk to you about things. She is breaking up with Yukwon," he told the boy. Jaehyo was taken by surprise by the sudden information. He excused himself from the table and left. Zico raised an eyebrow at the sudden departure of their friend. "What is going on with Jaehyo and Ana?" Zico instigated. Taeil shrugged, feigning ignorance. The less who knew his plan the better. If anyone were to tell Yukwon, everything would be ruined.

    "Nothing. Ana just wanted me to tell him something. Don't stress about it guys. Finish your cake," he told them as he stood and gave them goodbyes. He had a kitty to find.

     Meanwhile, Ana was trying very hard to look as pretty as possible. She felt that she was not the most gorgeous girl on the planet, though everyone says she is, so she is constantly worrying about her appearance. Yukwon would tell her every morning she was beautiful. She sighed at the thought of leaving him but continued to look for clothes. Jaehyo was someone she had a history with. How could she give him up for someone she was still getting to know? It was an obvious choice to anyone, but Ana was still torn. She adored the kitty, that she was sure of; however, Jaehyo was someone she cared for even deeper. Being a girl was tough.

     Ana decided on wearing something that she knew Jaehyo would like, which was the complete opposite taste of Yukwon. The kitty liked girly things and seeing her show her inner beauty. Jaehyo? He likes y girls wearing skin tight crap, at least that is what Ana calls it. She sighed as she looked down at her mid-thigh long black dress; it was sleeveless and showed off the collarbones Yukwon expressed his love for many times. Get out of my head, Yukwon! She complained to herself as she kept thinking about her soon to be ex-boyfriend. She slid on her black heels that matched the dress and would make her slightly taller; she never wore them with the kitty because he said that he preferred her to be shorter than him. A groan filled the room as she became aggravated with her emotions. She brushed her hair out and left it down; this was the only thing both boys enjoyed. She stood and looked at herself in her wall mirror. The kitty would be disappointed in her. Ana frowned softly, hating that her emotions were in such a mess.

     She picked up her phone and checked the time, seeing that it was six o'clock. Time flies when one is pissed at oneself. She rolled her eyes and picked up a matching black clutch that she put extra money and her phone inside of before grabbed a thin sweater and exiting the house. The walk to the new cafe was not that long. Hopefully her feet will not fall off halfway there.

     Jaehyo already sat in a mostly empty part of the cafe, a spot near the window that Taeil had specifically picked out for him. "There won't be many people there, so you guys can talk without worry," the nerd had told him. Jaehyo checked his phone. Six twenty seven. When was she getting here? Just as he was about to call her, the girl walked in and smiled warmly at him. Her outfit practically made the male salivate at just the sight. Ana felt proud that she knew the boy so well as she sat across form him. Jaehyo cleared his throat before he began talking. "Taeil said you wanted to talk to me?" he brought up. The girl nodded as she became nervous, looking down at the fingers she was twiddling around.

     "I'm sorry. For ignoring you and everything...I knew that it would eventually come down to this so maybe that is why I have been trying to find so many ways around it. I don't want to lose you as a friend Jaehyo. You have been my only friend up to this point," she mumbled on and on, wanting to postpone the inevitable for as long as she could. Breaking Yukwon's heart is never someone's first choice, she thought to herself. She glanced up to see Jaehyo staring at her with eyes full of regret. Don't look at me like that.. "But, by the end of the day being with you is the best choice. It took me a while to think it over, but yeah, I like you too Jaehyo."

     Jaehyo pulled Ana up the stairs to the top balcony away from watching eyes and nosy ears. They watched Yukwon walk over to B-Bomb, and them dash out into the hallway. Taeil then took his place beside Lia. Things were working, Jaehyo had to take his chance now. "Ana, can I ask you something?" the male requested of the girl. She nodded and walked over, leaning on the rail and looking over the party. "You know I like you, don't you?"

     Ana sighed quietly. Of course she knew. He made it obvious. "Where are you going with this Jaehyo?" she asked. She knew damn well why he was mentioning it, but the moment she accepted that this was happening her life would make a turn for the worst. This was something she would dream about, but feared it so much.

     "I want to go out with you. We've been through so much together Ana, you know we have. Please, for me. Tell me you like me back so I can ask you out. It only makes sense. B-Bomb doesn't like you, Yukwon is a piece of crap. Be with me," Jaehyo let go of every cheesy thing he can say, the lines he knew Ana melted for whenever they watched movies together or read the same book. Jaehyo knew Ana more than he knew himself. He would be lying if he said that he was jealous of how close Ana was to Yukwon, the flirting, the absence of proximity whenever they saw each other. He could easily say he did not like the kitty at all.

     "Something has come up in my life right now Jaehyo. C-can you give me time to think it over?" she shyly asked. Jaehyo was more than content with that response. A 'think about it' beat 'no' any day. "Yes, go ahead! I'll wait for your answer," he told her.

     Jaehyo gave the girl a small smile, happy she finally told him the words he had been dying to hear. "Then, miss Ana, will you go out with me?" he asked her. The female laughed at his straightforward way of asking, but nodded nonetheless in response. He took her hand in his and intertwined their fingers. Ana felt happy with this. For the moment, Yukwon was not in mind. Only Jaehyo filled her thoughts, as he has many times before.

      While the couple happily laughed and flirted, Yukwon stared through the window. He did not know why, but his heart felt heavy. He was not sad, or even upset as he gazed at his girlfriend blatantly cheating right in front of him. He simply felt...disappointed. Taeil had asked him to come on a walk with him, and Yukwon could not decline. He knew the nerd was worried about him and going for a walk may brush off some stress. He had wanted to reward the kitty by stopping by the new cafe. It had some stress relief coffees that Yukwon had been dying to try. However, the sight before him was nothing close to a reward.

     "Oh my gosh," Taeil whispered as his eyes landed on the couple. He figured pretending to be surprised would benefit Yukwon more. He needed someone o be nice to him right now, regardless of the fact it was his fault the kitty was in shock to begin with. "How could she? I am so ing sorry Yukwon. If I had known-"

     "Shut the hell up Taeil. You didn't know, that is all that matters. I knew Jaehyo liked her, but did she like him all along too? Was what we had pointless? If she wanted him so bad she should have just ing told me," Yukwon huffed, disbelief filling his features. His Ana was flirting with Jaehyo. Jaehyo, who was almost as selfish as B-Bomb. She must really like douchebags. Maybe that is why she cheated on me. 

      "It isn't like that, kitty. Jaehyo has been trying to date her since way before you showed up-"

     "I thought I told you to shut the hell up!" Yukwon snapped, his emotions blurring his better judgment. Taeil visibly gulped, nodding as he seemed to shrink in size. It was times like these where the kitty knew for sure he was not his old self anymore. He was about to apologize, but something told him it was smarter just to leave before his vibes got any worse.

      He walked as fast as he could away from that cafe, away from Taeil, and especially away from his now ex-girlfriend. He made it a pretty far distance till he noticed he was a little ways from the school. He continued to walk as he took out his phone. It was almost eight o'clock. He needed to vent, but who the heck in their right mind would be up at this time when they had school tomorrow? His fingers naturally scrolled through his contacts before pressing the call button on the one person he knew would be willing to hear him out.

      "What the hell do you want kitty? It's late as hell," the husky, sleep filled voice filled his ear. He let a few tears fall before taking in a shaky breath.

     "Ana cheated on me," he finally came to terms with the situation, the shock already worn off. He felt that sadness that was suppressed earlier. He heard a surprised  and sheets moving around before foot steps broke the silence and the sound of someone tying shoe laces. "Where are you Yukwon? I'll be there in a moment."

     "In front of the school, near the road," he told him, wiping away the tears that had fallen earlier. He heard the male tell him he will be there in a few minutes. Yukwon shoved his hands into his pockets, trying to find some warmth in the cool night air. It was freezing! And his soaked cheeks did not make the situation any better. It was a good fifteen minutes, so much or a few, until he heard someone call his name.

      His blonde hair was a disaster from just waking up, the beanie barely hiding the mess. He wore sweats and a t-shirt, obviously forgetting to grab a sweater. He looked colder than Yukwon. The kitty sniffled before smiling at the male. The ever suave and y Minhyuk was reduced to a sleepy mess. He poked Yukwon's forehead, his face annoyed.

     "One second your crying, the next your laughing? If you don't need me, I'm going back home," he puffed, about to turn around right when the kitty grabbed his arm; his laughter died. He became serious.

     "Please don't. I really need someone to talk to right now," the kitty pleaded. B-Bomb sighed and pulled his arm out of the kitty's grasp. Instead, he took Yukwon's hand and pulled him towards the school, heading to the BBC. They entered, the lights, and locked the door so no one can get in or bust them for being in the school after hours. Minhyuk let go of Yukwon's hand and went straight for the couch, grabbing the blanket and wrapping himself up in it. He patted the spot beside himself, Yukwon understanding that he wants him to seat there.

      Yukwon took his seat and the two sat in silence together, as they usually do before they start talking, trying hard to warm up. "What happened?" Minhyuk asked, bringing up the reason he was dragged out of bed. The kitty took in a deep breath as he told the jerk everything that had just happened at the new cafe. Ana and Jaehyo, how he told Taeil to shut the hell up, and how he does not even know how to feel about the situation. "Should I be sad? I am sad, sort of. I'm pissed, is that normal? I want to beat the out of Jaehyo but at the same time, it is not my place. I do not feel the need to beat him up. I don't even want to cry anymore. Should I be relieved? I feel relief...that I don't have to disturb you guys anymore by being with her," Yukwon could not be quiet, his mouth kept moving. After a while of questioning his emotions, he came to a conclusion. "It hurts."

     Minhyuk looked at him with understanding eyes. He knows pain of a loved one more than anyone else. His Lia has left him many times, but she always came back to him. She never stayed gone for too long. Unfortunately, in Yukwon's case, Ana may be gone for good. B-Bomb was looking for the words to comfort the kitty, tell him it was okay to be hurt over this, but Yukwon began to talk again.

     "Remember what you told me the night at the park? Something about me not knowing the pain of losing someone I rely on because I was alone to begin with?" the kitty's voice cracked. "I think I know that pain now. So can you stop being so mean to me?"

     B-Bomb felt his heart break. The kitty only wanted someone to be there for him at that moment; he needed Minhyuk to be nice to him. B-Bomb opened up his blanket and pulled the kitty close, hugging him tightly. Yukwon clung on to him tightly, his fingers in an awkward position as he tightened his hold on the jerk, his tears soaking B-Bomb's shirt. What could he possibly say to make him feel better? He racked his mind for a possible solution.

     "You remember our deal, right? You help me stop being an , I get you friends and don't burn your headphones," Minhyuk brought up the memory. Yukwon nodded; in the process he hid his face further into B-Bomb's hoodie. The jerk gazed down at him; though he would never say it out loud, the kitty has a really bad habit of being super ing cute when he was alone with the douche. "So, forget about Ana. She wants to be with someone new, then you should be with someone as well. I can't offer you much, but if you want to do this in secret then...I can't believe I'm saying this...umm, go out with me? I mean, it is just so that you can get over her. Nothing too legit or anything. And it has to be in secret! No one can know! I-I just want to help you or else I would be breaking the deal."

     Yukwon looked up at him, a look of surprise filling his features, shock running through his veins. Did the B-Bomb just ask him out? Is this really happening? Nah, no way. They were both straight. He said it was nothing legit or anything though...getting over Ana would be tough alone. It would be in secret, a way of helping him out. It was such a crazy idea.

     "Say something kitty!" the jerk huffed, embarrassment evident on his face. Yukwon decided that though it was crazy, it might be more effective for helping him than just moping around.

     "Alright. For the sake of our deal, I'll date you in secret," Yukwon told him, not believing the words escaped his lips. Did that make it official? Yukwon, straight as an arrow was now dating B-Bomb, even straighter than an arrow. When did his life become so complicated?

_________________________

AHHHHHHHHHH! Yes! Haha take what I give you guys! They are dating, Ana "cheated" on him for Jaehyo (Even though she didn't because she told Taeil to break up with Yukwon for her), and did I mention they ARE DATING? In secret, and it isn't actually dating, but it is a form of dating nonetheless! Lolz you are welcome my U-Bomb deprived lovelies <3 Oh, and for those of you who are wanting more fluff look forward to the next chapter :D That's all I am going to say. (Those who wanted more drama, sit tight. You know I can't live without drama and all that crazy chiz hehehehehehe I have so much in store for you)  OH YEAH! I have some of the chapters written already so be excited! That means regular updates and not one-every-month! WHOO!!!!

You are awesome for reading this! High fives!

Leave a comment! I heart all my haters and fans!

Love Fornever,
Luna