The Confession

Chasing What You Can Not Have

     The last thing he expected was for Lia to become so frustrated she admitted to their lies. "We aren't together anymore, alright? We broke up! B-Bomb has a boyfriend!" her words were loud and clear, her eyes narrowed to slits as she stood. Minhyuk also stood, his parents scrutinizing him under their gaze. His heart beat picked up, and he felt it drumming against his ears. 

      "Excuse me?' his father pronounced the words very slowly, straightening his posture. Minhyuk's mother looked slightly lost as her eyes went form her husband to her son.

     "B-Bomb is gay, got it? As in, he doesn't like me, he likes guys," she released an angered sigh before turning to her ex. Those cold eyes Minhyuk once loved now held a sense of sympathy. "I wanted to help, hon - I really did - but I'm not going to lie."

     "Lia, get the hell out of my house," his father's voice was grave, and Lia did not hesitate to grab her things and exit. Minhyuk felt stupid as he stood gaping at the spot the girl was just standing in. He did not know how to react, his body was simply frozen. "Minhyuk, get out of my sight."

     It dawned on the teenager that his life would change so much after this. He was no longer the perfect son his parents wanted. He knew instantly this was no laughing matter. The situation was serious and demanded as much. He gave his father a numb nod before exiting the dining room and heading for his room. You've put me into some deep , Yukwon.

     Meanwhile, Yukwon scurried out of the cafe and out into the broad daylight. He stumbled with his phone - his shaky hands nearly dropped it a few times - before finally being able to call Minhyuk. He picked up after a few rings. "Explain!" was the kitty's replacement for a hello. He heard his boyfriend sigh on the other side of the phone, only telling the kitty that things were a lot worse than what they seemed - and they seemed pretty bad to begin with.

     "She told them about us. Explicitly. My dad seems to be thinking things over, but so far I have no clue what the hell he plans on doing with me," his voice sounded very tired and worn. Yukwon wished he could be there with him, but the kitty is the reason this is all happening. The younger had no response, holding the phone in silence as he came to realization. B-Bomb took this as a chance to keep talking. "I don't know how long it'll be until I can see you again, honestly. Knowing my dad, he'll cut off all my communication with the outside world."

     Still, then, Yukwon had no words. This only made his heart feel heavier. His eyes searched the ground around him for answers, but he was not too sure what he needed the answers for.

     "Just know that...I love you, alright? I'll figure something out," Minhyuk attempted to reassure his boyfriend. Yukwon began to tear up and held the phone so tight it hurt his fingers.

     ", B," he mumbled. "I love you too."

     He heard a deep voice on the other side of the phone, and then his boyfriend's rushed voice. "Bye, Yukwon. I'll call you as soon as I can!" His phone made a boop sound, signaling Minhyuk had hung up. His friends all chose this moment to reveal themselves. Knowing them, they had been listening in the whole time. Buffy approached him first, carefully resting his hand on his brother's shoulder.

     "Are you alright, Yukwon?" he voiced his worries, his features showing as much. Yukwon shook his head, pulling his brother into a hug. Buffy was awkward at first, but quickly recovered when the kitty began to sob. 

     "That son of a . Did he break up with you again? Do I have to kick his ?" Taeil suddenly sounded a lot tougher than his normal nerdy self. Yukwon released his brother and shook his head once more.

     "I'm doomed, Taeil. Lia told his ing parents about us. I'm ing doomed," he choked out.

     This is how it began.

     The first week was the most painful. He reverted back to wearing hoodies and not caring about his image. Buffy had transferred to his school, apparently their father had already filled out the paper work and was sending his mother money to take care of him. Not that the kitty cared. In fact, Yukwon cared about very few things lately. He stopped doing homework, and barely did the classwork. Eating was a foriegn topic.

     The second week was about the same, but it stopped hurting as much. He went to school, did the work, went home, slept, and did the process all over. Sunhi was staying in a hotel so as not to overstay her welcome. Buffy was his personal keeper and helped keep him from falling apart. The younger cleaned his room, reminded him to shower, and forced food down his throat.

      Not that he cared.

     The third week led into the fourth, the fourth bled into the seventh. Soon enough, two months had passed. It was April now, and they had a month left till graduation. 

     Not that he cared.

     It still felt like yesterday that he finally confessed his feelings, but that was not the case. He was better now, fixing up the first two weeks he had slacked off. He dressed nicer and actually spoke to his friends. His heart still hurt, but it was a sting he could ignore.

     "Yukwon, could you help me with my homework? I don't understand this crap," Buffy pouted. Yukwon had to hold back a snort at how much he looked like himself. No wonder they call me kitty. That's the cutest . He nodded and pointed at the chair beside him. The BBC was officially won over, though they only have a month to enjoy their victory. This little table had all their signatures on it, even Buffy contributed. As his younger brother sat with him, he realized how much he was going to miss this place.

     He went over the math problems with the younger, giving him tips to remember certain formulas and tricks. Yukwon now felt so foolish for ever being cruel to the boy. He understood why Sunhi loved him so much. He was innocent, much like Yukwon used to be, and still had so much left to experience. He was adorable as well, an it all added into the complicated mess that was his younger brother. Without Buffy, the kitty is sure he would still be wallowing around in self pity.

     The door opened and Lia walked in, her face brightening as she spotted the kitty. She took a seat at the the table with the brothers and watched as they worked out equations. This was another change he was grateful for. Lia had become so much closer to him than he originally thought possible. She was a mothering type of friend that looked out for him like Buffy did. When one looked past her exterior, Lia was very soft and dorky on the inside. She had a love for all things fluffy, and hated when people got anime and cartoons mixed up. He never actually took her for the type to be so nerdy.

     "Sunhi called me," Lia started, pulling out a notebook of her own to work on homework he was sure she had not done yet. He raised an eyebrow as a way to tell her to continue. "Apparently someone left their paint out on the floor and Moos got covered in it."

     Buffy jumped in his seat, looking up with wide eyes. "Did she give him a bath? He has very delicate fur! Gosh darn it!" he quickly put his homework into his bag and rushed out of the room. The next few minutes were spent in silence, the only sound coming form the scratching of her pencil on the paper. When the silence finally became so thick he was sure he could touch it, Lia spoke up.

     "If you want to talk about it, I'm all ears Yukwon. Tell me off, scream at me, but don't just sit there," the words rolled out so easily. He had to think them over in his head, repeat them to understand their full meaning. That's right. It was her fault to begin with. He only shook his head; could a tired expression become any more exhausted? He physically felt the weight of his sadness tugging him down into a dark depression.

     "No, they would have found out anyway," he reassured the girl. Minhyuk was already previously prepared to tell them. Yukwon was the only selfish one - always will be. He wants more than he is given. He is chasing after what he can not have.

     "I thought you have hated me for months, but come to find out you already forgave me," Lia's laugh was airy and did not have a lot of vocals to it, but Yukwon came to find out it was only when her giggles were silent that she was truly laughing. Lia is so good at faking many things - she is a natural actress - but her laugh could so easily be distinguished. 

     "Has he got in contact with you at all?"

     The question paused the girl's laughter. Her smile transformed into a sympathetic frown. Her hand came to rest upon his arm, her thumb rubbing small circles. "No. He hasn't called any of us," was her simple reply. Running and running, but I never close the distance. He released a shaky breath and packed up all of his things into his bag.

     "I better make sure Moos is okay," he gave a fake reason for his departure as he exited the room. Lia gazed after him until the door slammed shut once more. She had wanted Yukwon to blame her for all his problems in hopes he would get better. This kid...she hated him at first. She remembers distinctly the jealousy that coursed through her when she first caught sight of the sparks between him and her B-Bomb. She grimaced at the idea of the damn kitty taking her one love away; it was a foolish thought.

     Over time, Lia sobered out. Perhaps it was her surprise friendship with Ana, the heart to heart she had with her ex, or maybe even Taeil's crazy antics. Whatever the cause, the girl no longer felt hostile. Yukwon has become someone precious to her, a porcelain doll that could fall and break at any moment. Lia was still a complete , that was just her personality, but now it was an affectionate bullying versus inflicting pain just to do so. No, Lia could not stamp the exact moment her head was cleared, but she knows that it is cleaner. 

     With a small sigh, she pulled her phone and called the last person she had spoke to. After two rings, an obnoxious voice filled her ears. "Lia! Can you call back? I'm a bit busy," Sunhi complained loudly, the sound of a screeching cat in the background. Lia giggled while picturing Buffy trying to wash off the hydrophobic cat. 

     "No, you can't. Can we meet up tonight? Anywhere is fine," Lia made the request. The bright pink girl on the other line took her time thinking of a response. 

     "Lia..." her voice was a bit hushed, but that was only understandable. The younger nodded, though she knew Sunhi could not see her. It only makes sense. Sunhi is in college, she doesn't have time for girls like me. 

     "Okay. Just...call me when you get the chance, Sun," Lia breathed the words before ending the call. Her heart was pounding as she took in a deep breath, shaking hands setting the phone on the table. Silly Lia. To Sunhi, you're just a kid.

     Yukwon, meanwhile, was stifling his laugh at the sight of his brother trying to wash Moos. The cat in question was a rainbow, and he damn well did not want to become a crystalline cloud. "Will you just sit still, Moos!" Buffy cried, picking away at the dried paint on Moos fur. Sunhi was trying to help him by holding the cat still, but his claws made her release him every so now and then.

     "Kwon, be helpful and get us a towel," Sunhi glared at her brother. Her face seemed uncharacteristically red, but he wrote it off as anger. Then again, she seemed taken aback ever since I got here. Something must have happened. He gave her a mischievous smile before going into the bathroom closet and tossing her an old towel.

      The kitty gazed at his siblings with a small smile. Just a few months before, Yukwon was alone. The school hated him, and he had even grown use to coming home to an empty house. He was always a loner; however, things changed so rapidly. He met Minhyuk, and from him he met the rest of Block B. They were a group of dorks, but they all cared for one another in the strangest way. Yukwon has changed a lot, and now he can stand here with his sister and brother and think to himself: things will be alright

     The siblings cleaned Moos up before permanently locking the cat away in the bedroom. They then proceeded to go downstairs and watch a movie together. This was nice. Yukwon allowed himself to enjoy the distraction from the static in his mind. Hearing his sister laugh, watching his brother grin, and ignoring Moos cries for freedom. This was all so nice. He has been sad for such a long time. He felt himself tearing up before he really could do anything about it. Sunhi noticed first and stood from her comfortable seat to sit beside her younger brother.

     "Hey, why the tears?" she inquired, wrapping her arms around his small frame. He shook his head and wiped at his eyes. He began to laugh as the tears kept falling.

     "I-I don't know. I'm just...I don't want you guys to leave, is all," he tried to explain his current thoughts to the best of his ability, but the words were useless. Sunhi gave him a lopsided smile as she kissed his temple. 

     "You're going to college soon, right? You can go to mine, that way you won't have to leave me," she stuck her tongue out at him. and the kitty stuck his out as well.

     "Whatever. I'm staying right here. Besides, Taeil will drag me to whatever college he is going to, anyway," he joked. Thinking of the nerd, Yukwon felt nostalgic. Taeil was someone that knew what he wanted and would not stop until he has it. This had brought some misfortune upon the kitty, but it had also allowed Yukwon to fall in love with Minhyuk. 

     Buffy joined them on the couch, trying his hardest to squeeze in beside the kitty so he can hug his other side. Yukwon used to be jealous of his younger brother, but he no longer minded the kid's presence. Buffy was adorable, and his obsession with his cat was even cuter. The kid was naturally good t everything he did, and he had good looks on top of that. Yukwon could never hold hatred towards someone so pure. The kitty grinned as he pulled his younger brother into a tight hug. 

     "And you, kid, better call me every chance you get after you go home," Yukwon demanded, kissing the top of Buffy's head. The younger pouted, much like Yukwon does so often, and shot Yukwon a glare.

     "I don't want to think about it. I wish I could stay here forever," he expressed his wishes. He gave his younger brother a sad smile.

     "Me too," he replied. Sunhi nodded, resting her head on Yukwon's shoulder. "I love you guys, you know that?"

     This elicited laughs form the whole group. "I love you too, Kwon," Sunhi giggled. Buffy agreed with a, "Me too."

     I love you too. That was the last thing he told Minhyuk. Not only was it the last words exchanged, but it was also the first time Yukwon had ever said I love you to his boyfriend. Perhaps it was the last as well. The tears threatened to fall again, and the other two must have noticed. They all simultaneously tightened their hold on one another as they watched the movie in silence.

     Yukwon sniffled, his eyes watery. I really love you guys.

___________________________________________________

I'm here to give some terribly great news, guys. I plan on having two more chapters after this one. I KNOW. IT'S INSANE!!!!! THINGS ARE HAPPENING SO FAST!!! I'm getting a bit choked up. Any plot holes and loose ends should be tied up next chapter, and the next will be the ending. Are ya'll ready? No? That's okay. You don't have to say goodbye. BECAUSE I'M MAKING A SEQUEL BISSSHHHHESSS.

Also, I love you guys so much. Like, really, I read your comments over and over again to put me in a good mood. I've been having a tough time with the drama going on around me, but this story will always be my anchor. Please give me more comments? I need more comments. Like...never stop the comment train. I don't care if it is three years after this story is posted, I want ya'll to still give me comments XD

And please do not hate me...ya'know...for this chapter and stuff....*cough*

You high fives! You are awesome for reading this!

Leave a comment! I heart all my haters and fans!

Love Fornever,
Luna