The Girl

Chasing What You Can Not Have

     "What in the hell happened earlier?" he questioned the red head in front of him. Yukwon's expression went from cute and adorable, since he was munching on his favorite cake, to surprised and uncomfortable in a millisecond.

     "Well...you see...B-Bomb and I made a deal sorta. Nothing too big," he mumbled, occupying his mouth with another scoop of cake. They were currently in the cafe they all loved oh-so-much. Taeil used to love coming here with the group all the time until B-Bomb found it appropriate for the nerd and Jihoon to do outside work rather than within the group. Taeil took no offense because he was probably helping the group a lot more than the other members were. Jihoon was not an information gatherer like himself though. Thinking of what exactly Jihoon did was too much for Taeil to handle so he put those thoughts away and focused on his precious kitty.

     "'Nothing too big'? What about that is small? YOU PUNCHED HIM!" he exclaimed, getting weird looks from the people around him. The kitty pouted, which was way too adorable, and shrugged softly. "It is part of the deal. If he acts like a jerk I hurt him."

     "And what exactly do you get out of it, other than the satisfaction of punching that jerk?" Jihoon asked.

     The red head's cheeks turned the color of his hair as he thought about the answer. This made Taeil worried and curious. Why was he acting that way? Before he could get his answer, the door to the cafe ringed and Ana stepped in looking beautiful as ever, She wore a simple white dress, classy blue flats, and a small sweater that fit the outfit perfectly. Her hair fell in its perfect layers, and she wore no makeup. Though Taeil hated it, he can understand perfectly why Yukwon enjoyed the girl's presence. She was gorgeous.

     The female walked over and took her spot beside the kitty. Yukwon seemed relieved for the distraction form him. Taeil made a mental note to question him later. He attempted questioning B-Bomb about it in class, but he refuse to answer. Let the kitty tell you, he had replied. Taeil sighed but smiled as a greeting for Ana out of manners. To put it simply, he did not like her. Jihoon was infatuated by her and that gave the nerd even more a reason to despise her. 

     "Hey everyone. Sorry I am late. My...friend wanted to chat," she informed them, hesitating on saying friend. The first person that came to mind for Taeil was B-Bomb's girlfriend. However, the word was not said in a sarcastic way. It seemed as though Ana had no clue what exactly that person was to her, and that made Taeil interested. He would interrogate her, but, alas, he hated her.

     "It's fine. If anything, I'm happy you are here in general," Yukwon flirted. Taeil was not sure if it was flirting, because his kitty is way too innocent for that, but any girl would mistake it for such. This is why he needed to intervene, before she got the wrong idea. "That aside, Jaehyo is throwing a party tonight," the nerd changed the subject.

     "I heard!" Ana exclaimed much too fast, suddenly becoming shy. She mumbled a my friend told me. Taeil rolled his eyes and shifted his attention to the red head. "You going Yukwon? It is mandatory Jihoonie and I go, but it would be nice if you went too. Yukwon thought it over before  saying a quiet sure. It was settled then! They were all going to the party, including Ana.

     "See you all later then?" Taeil announced in which they all nodded. He exited the cafe, Jihoon on his tail. They walked all the way to the nerd's house in which they entered and habitually dashed up the stairs and into his room.

     "Alright, what is bothering you?" the younger asked. The nerd sighed again and plopped into his chair. "Yukwon. This deal with B-Bomb bothers me a little. Why do I feel like our little kitty will get hurt because of this?"

     Jihoon shrugged. "Maybe because B-Bomb has no filter? The fact that Yukwon punched him is evidence enough that B-Bomb already said something to peeve him," Jihoon provided his insight on it all. Taeil nodded. This was true. Jihoon and he chatted for a few more moments before he said his goodbyes and left the older's room.

     The next morning was exhausting as Taeil kept nagging Yukwon over text to give him the details of the deal. Each time he would reply that it was none of Taeil's business. The nerve! Taeil was one of Yukwon's only friends. If the kitty could not trust him, then who could he confide in? The older was grumpy as he walked to school with Jihoon, complaining every so now then. The duo went straight to the hangout spot, seeing that the rest of the group was already here. Even Yukwon seemed to take a liking to the little club the group made.

     "B-Bomb!" Taeil called, searching around for the blonde. The older found him sitting in the corner farthest from Yukwon. He instantly walked over to B-Bomb and stood in front of him. "Kitty won't tell me about your deal. What did you promise him?"

     Minhyuk huffed and glanced over at Yukwon. "If he doesn't want to tell you, then I am in no place to either," he told Taeil, but his eyes were glued on the kitty. The nerd glanced back as well to see Yukwon with a fresh blush on his cheeks. What in the world did they agree to? Taeil could not figure it out. He sighed as he sat on the part of the counter that B-Bomb currently did not occupy. The nerd wanted to know what has his kitty so flustered.

     So all through class he asked the duo what the deal was. He would pass notes, send texts, or whisper to them. He got caught once or twice, but the teachers were so used to the nerd not paying attention that they gave up. Besides, Taeil is a genius. He could miss a whole week but still pass all his tests and exams. The two victims refused to answer him. Minhyuk, however, gave him hints.

     "Just tell me~!" Taeil whispered rather loudly in their last period. B-Bomb sighed. "Listen, Taeil, you're a good friend. You have been with me for a while. This deal, though, is between Yukwon and I. It is a bit personal, even I don't want you guys to know. So out. What we do does not concern you," he had told the nerd.

     He instantly ran to tell Jihoon the information he dragged out of the jerk. "So it's personal, huh? I wonder what is so important about it that they have to keep it so secret," the younger mumbled, his annoyed expression conveying his thoughts perfectly.

     "What is so personal though? Part of the deal is that Yukwon gets to punch him. That is not very personal," Taeil spat, angry as ever. He just did not get it. Yukwon seemed like the last person on earth to keep a secret. Here he is now acting like the world will end if he tells his friends what the deal was. Not even B-Bomb, someone Taeil was sure he was close to, refused to give him any details.

     "The deal was that B-Bomb got slapped, not punched" Jihoon corrected. The two sat down in a bench outside the school, watching as everyone went home.

     "Guys!" a voice called from behind them. The two turned to see Ana skipping over, Jaehyo and Yukwon in tow. The three gathered around them and sat where they could. "We have been looking for you."

     "So about the party tonight...I might need you guys working," Jaehyo told the nerd and his friend. Taeil nodded, not surprised. Being in the group meant doing some things he would rather not admit to. This time around Taeil is sure the job is more carefree, but a job is a job. "Alright. What is it this time?" the nerd questioned. Jaehyo grinned. "B-Bomb and his girlfriend are coming. I need you to find a way to get her to trust you or something. We plan on embarrassing her the way they embarrassed Ana."

     Taeil was actually quite excited about the idea. That girl deserved whatever they had in mind. "Alright. But why does she need to trust me?" Taeil instigated, not fully understanding his friend's plan.

     "She won't leave B-Bomb alone if she does not trust us. She needs to fully feel safe with us so that we can bring her to the middle of the room. Once she is where everyone can see her we will put the trap into action. But that will be closer to the end of the party, so enjoy it till then," Jaehyo explained. It was a sketchy plan, but the best one they had. Whatever this trap was it was going to be extravagant, seeing as how Jaehyo never settles for second best; the boy goes all out on his ideas. Yukwon frowned at the words. "But doesn't that mean stooping to their level? Why can't we just kill her with kindness or something?" he suggested.

     Jaehyo took the idea into consideration. "We can do both. All of you will be nice to her. It will actually benefit the plan more. So, see you guys tonight?" he asked as he stood up. They all nodded eagerly and waved goodbye as he left.

     Time flew fast as night dawned upon them. Taeil sighed as he walked up the driveway of the large house. Jaehyo was one of the more well off members of their group and did not hesitate to show the world his money. He smiled at Jihoon who stood protectively at the front door to the estate. "Hello Taeil," he greeted the older. The nerd nodded and mumbled a hi as he entered the home. Jihoon was a 'bouncer' of sorts, letting only certain people enter and shooing the trash away. I wish they would not give him such a burdensome job

     Once inside it took Taeil no time to find Yukwon and Ana. The two stood out from the rest of the crowd due to their awkwardness and stiff positions. Taeil grinned as he made his way over. The closer he got the more he could hear their conversation. Taeil slowed down, positive they had not noticed him yet. The older hid behind some random piece of furniture to listen in on them. He was curious, what was wrong with that?

     "B-Bomb is a jerk, but he was actually nice to me at first. He would make a lot of jokes with me and help me out when I was the new girl. Lia, his girlfriend, was nice too. She showed me around and did everything in her power to insure that no one messed with me. When she found out that I was close to B-Bomb...well she did not take it too kindly. She stopped talking to me and I was really depressed that day. That was when you came to sit with me and..." Ana trailed off but Taeil knew what she was referring to. The nerd was there that day to see what all had happened. Yukwon blushed slightly at the memory.

     "I'm really sorry about that! I had no clue he would do that...he seemed to genuinely like you. I guess he is just that amazing an actor, huh?" Yukwon joked. Ana laughed softly. There he goes again: flirting. Maybe he really did like her? It would not be surprising. As Taeil had thought before, Ana was extremely pretty. She wore black jeans with a cute pink shirt that complemented the rosy makeup she decided to wear. Her black hair was tied into a half ponytail, and her skin looked even more fair in the strange colorful strobe lights in the dark room.

     "Hey, Yukwon? Can I ask you something?" Ana was apparently shy as her face became more red than what it already was. The red head nodded, not understanding why she could not just ask without requesting his permission. "You don't like me like that, right? It is hard to know how you really feel. I mean you say these small things that make me really happy but you never go out of your way to do those things. I just want to know before I get the wrong idea and say something I shouldn't."

     Taeil instantly looked straight at Yukwon, who was also blushing harder. The red head looked at the female in surprise as he thought about what he had just been asked. It took him some time but his reply finally came. "I don't know if what I feel is friendly or what, but If you were to say those things you shouldn't I would not mind, really," he smiled charmingly at her. That did it for Taeil. Yukwon was obviously flirting with her at this point and no longer was his innocent self.

     "Th-then...w-will you go o-out with m-me?" she stuttered in way that event he nerd found incredibly cute. Yukwon nodded and laughed softly as he became shy too. Taeil took this moment as a chance to interrupt. "Hey! Glad I found you two! Enjoying the party so far?" he asked the blushing duo. They both nodded softly, timid after their recent confrontation.

     Jaehyo walked up to us with a grin that looked like it had to hurt to make it that wide. "The trap is set. Time for you to do your job, Taeil. And do it well. Yukwon! I need you to pull B-Bomb away from her long enough for Taeil to jump in to intervene. Once Taeil has her in the predetermined spot, I need you to bring B-Bomb towards where she is so that we can make sure this affects him as well. Got it?" he asked them. The group all mumbled a yes and went to do what they were ordered to. Jaehyo grabbed Ana's wrist and dragged her with him. "You're coming with me, miss Ana."

     Taeil raised an eyebrow as Jaehyo dragged the female along with him. Taeil paid no mind once they were out of sight and went on his search for B-Bomb and Lia. The kitty found them first and was already working his adorable magic on the jerk. Taeil is not sure what he said, but whatever it was made B-Bomb run after him in anger. Yukwon sure knew which chords to play when around that douche. Taeil walked over to Lia and  smiled softly. "Hiya," he greeted.

     "Hello," she responded, shocked to see the nerd. He never actually spoke with the female before. Taeil started some small talk with her about random things. She was actually pretty interesting. She had a high opinion of herself but had a soft side for people who could not help themselves. She admitted to being mean to people to close to B-Bomb because he was the only thing she had. The girl grew up in a tough life without her mother around. B-Bomb was kind enough to help her out of a rough spot and care for her. He was her protector and she would not have it any other way. Taeil would have felt bad for her, but, just like Ana, he hated her. He took her blue state of mind as a chance.

     "Want to go dance? It'll cheer you up," he suggested. She gave him a half smile and agreed. He pulled her along with him to the center of the room. He danced with her a little bit until he saw Jaehyo and Ana on the second floor. Ana tapped his shoulder and pointed down at Taeil. Jaehyo grinned wildly and picked something up form the floor. He motioned for Taeil to get out of his way. The nerd stepped back a little just as Yukwon appeared with B-Bomb on his tail. It took Jaehyo no time to put his plan into action. A red liquid shot of nowhere and was all over Lia. The fresh sent of fruits told Taeil that the female was getting shot with cranberry juice. Taeil looked up to see Jaehyo with a water gun, enjoying every ounce of liquid that covered the female.The whole room paused to look at a screaming Lia.

     B-Bomb's eyes scanned the whole room until he found Jaehyo on the top floor. The jerk pushed Yukwon out the way and instantly ran up the stairs to Jaehyo. Taeil saw the kitty flinch slightly as he was pushed. It was not that hard a push, so why did he flinch? "How quickly he changes for her," Taeil heard Yukwon sigh; the red head's expression was not a pleasant one. When Taeil looked back up at the second floor Jaehyo and B-Bomb had already disappeared. Lia was already out the door and probably going home. It did not matter though because everyone had the video and pictures of her on their phone. They can mark this plan a success for now.

     The party soon came to an end and everyone made their way home. Jaehyo and B-Bomb did not show their face again. The nerd watched as his kitty walked Ana home. One plan works while the other fails. So much for protecting the kitty's innocence. "Let's go Jihoon. I'm tired," Taeil told the younger. He nodded and walked to the older's house. Jihoon looked worn out, his knuckles bruised. Someone must have not listened to him. Damn Jaehyo! Making Jihoon do this! Taeil reached for the younger's hand, brushing his fingers over the injured knuckles. "They were just healing up too," the nerd sighed, his eyes watering up.

     "I'll be fine, Taeil. I always am. Don't worry too much about me," he told the older, obviously happy with the nerd's concern. Jihoon retracted his hand from Taeil's and moved both hands to the nerd's face. "So stop crying for me, okay? You've spilled too many tears for me already," the younger told him as he caressed his cheeks, softly sweeping the salty drops away with his thumbs. It was not as intimate as it appeared to others. The moment they shared was simply brotherly concern, showing that they cared deeply for how the other felt.

     After a few moments of enjoying one another's presence they made their way to the house again. Taeil treated the younger's wounds like he has done so many times before. They said their goodnight's and went to bed. Jihoon stayed with him that night, maybe because they were both scarred by the moment they shared earlier. Being with Block B for so long was scarring in of itself. They were all crazy. Zico and Kyung were slackers that have done a few things they should not have, even spent a few nights in the town's jail. Jaehyo has lost his mind from the pressure his family puts on him. Jaehyo was to be heir to their company so the amount of classes, private lessons, and meetings he has seen and been in are too many to count. Taeil himself suffers from the difficulty of taking care of things. His parents expect him to be a perfect student. The nerd knows so many languages, math equations, and music styles by heart and still is expected to learn more. This does not help when Taeil is also expected to take care of his younger sister and help around the house. Jihoon...Taeil shuddered again. I still can't bare to think about Jihoon without having an emotional breakdown. The older looked over at the younger's sleeping face. Stay strong Jihoon. For both of us.
__________________________________________________

Dear goodness. Took me awhile, but I have overcome my writers block! So yeah, I dropped a lot of bombs on you today. Sorry bout that. Ana is a huge problem. Some of you might actually ship her with Yukwon though (And to you I say: you are crazy, meh friend.) But yeah. Jaehyo is mean. I feel like too many people make him the crazy psychotic one but I feel like he suits that part well. PO has a tough life. I will expand on that later in the story, but for now just empathize with Taeil's feelings. ZiKyung should exist, but I not sure if they will. Heck I might make them all straight XD You just got to wait patiently to find out though.

So yeah, leave ideas and suggestions down below vvvv. No promises I'll use it till chapter seven though. I have plans for the next chapter, and possibly six as well. I would like to add that Ana and Lia are OCs =P ALSO! Your reactions to the name insertion html I use is too funny. You guys are always like "Omg, my name! She used meh name!" I find it adorable. TO add to that, I LOVE YOU GUYS!! Every comment makes me ant to scream like a three year old with how excited I get. Comments are what motivate us so even if you just have to say "I like it" I will appreciate it! I am going to try and reply to all of you, so ask questions or do small talk in the comments as well. I like connecting with my readers, and comments are the best way to do so. Don't be shy :D Alright, I'm done. My outros are way to long these days.

you high five! You are awesome, and thank you for reading this!

Leave a comment! I heart all my haters and fans!

Love Fornever,
Luna