Plans - 14

Tell Me What To Do
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sana was in the car with Hana, who begged to go with her. She was on her way to see Dahyun, since next week it would be the kids' birthday and usually the two would meet to organize something for them every year.

 

“Mommy?”

 

“Yes?”

 

“Who was the lady that was in Omma's house yesterday?” Sana sighed and extended her arm to caress Hana's cheek. She didn't know what to really say but she knew she couldn't avoid the question.

 

“I guess it's your Omma's friend, didn't you ask her?”

 

“No, she was kind but I didn't like her hugging Omma.”

 

Sana decided to stay silent about that topic, her opinion of Kyulkyung wasn't something a little kid like Hana should know. Ten minutes later they arrived at the hospital and made their way to Dahyun's office.

 

“Mrs Kim, hello!” The secretary greeted her. “Doctor Kim is not here, she went to the cafeteria.” Sana thanked her and held Hana's hand to go to the cafeteria. She scanned the place trying to find Dahyun and once she did, she couldn't help bu freeze.

 

As expected, Dahyun was sitting with Kyulkyung, and they weren't paying attention to their food but to each other while they laughed at whatever Dahyun was saying. Sana felt her stomach drop and her heart stop. Was Dahyun looking at her the same way she used to look at Sana?

 

“Omma!” The little girl suddenly exclaimed and happily made her way to the two doctors.  Dahyun distanced herself from Kyulkyung and her eyes widened when she saw her daughter running to her.

 

Dahyun picked her up and kissed her cheek. She quickly looked up to find Sana standing a few steps away. Sana looked away only to turn around and leave the cafeteria, that was all she could do to stop the korean to see her sad eyes. Sana felt like she needed to calm herself down, so she quickly looked for a bathroom but before she could even enter it, a pair of hands grabbed forcing her to turn around.

 

“Sana, were are you going?” 

 

It was Lisa.

 

“Are you okay?”

 

Her only reaction was to hug her friend to let out the sadness she had inside. Lisa was taken aback and invited her to take a seat in her office to calm down.

 

“Here.” Lisa handed her a glass of water. “Now tell me. Why were you running away?”

 

Sana exhaled, starting to feel suffocated again just by thinking of it. It frustrated her the big effect it can have on her. She knew she could trust Lisa, they have been good friends for a long time, Sana truly cherished her. 

 

“It's Dahyun.” She spoke up. “I.. She.. I'm an idiot. Forget it.” 

 

Sana took her purse and got up from her seat to leave, she felt ridiculous.

 

“Sana, come on.” Lisa grabbed her wrist. “I'm not going to tell Dahyun anything if that's what worries you.”

 

“Everything is my fault, Lisa. I should've been honest but I just can't.” Sana felt like she was breaking but this time Lisa hugged her. “She's with Kyulkyung and.. It hurts me because I still love her, but I deserve this because it was me the one who pushed her away. I understand Dahyun can't wait for me forever and she will have to move on.” There tears in her eyes, her broken voice made Lisa felt sad as well.

 

“Haven't you thought... that maybe you should do the same?” Lisa spoke softly. “Dahyun is my friend but if you don't want to get back with her because of your fears then you should find someone else and start again. Some changes are good.”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter