Kim Sana - 03

Tell Me What To Do
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Friday came quickly, Sana driving with the kids on the back seat singing loudly to the lyrics of the song.

 

"Mommy, why did Omma say we're going to her house tomorrow and not today? It's friday!" Yuta asked, remembering the conversation he had with Dahyun that morning.

 

"Why tomorrow?" Hana whined dramatically.

 

"Your Omma has stuff to do today, and me too, that's why I can't take you there." Sana sighed, looking through the mirror at the dissapointed expression the kids had. 

 

"Omma always has work to do. She's always busy, she always has something to do and it's always late." The little girl crossed her arms.

 

Sana felt her heart hurt when she noticed her daughter's eyes getting tears. One of the biggest issues between Dahyun and Sana when they were still together used to be regarding her job. Dahyun worked and worked, and would skip family time just for her job, but having just heard Hana saying that made Sana think she would've to talk about it again with the korean. This time, it won't because of her, but in behalf of their children.

 

"Hana-chan, your Omma has a lot of compromises with her job, but she she always make time to be with you two. You're always together every weekend." Sana tried to use the right words to make the girl feel better, but Hana kept crossing her arms while looking away.

 

"Why Omma doesn't live with us? Why we've to see her only on the weekends?" Yuta questioned this time, pouting.

 

Sana didn't really know what to answer. When they separated, the kids were just three year olds, so they really didn't know what was going on. But now that they're older they've started to make questions, questions that Sana knew she had to answer.

 

The brunette mother let out a big sigh, getting the kids' attention.

 

"Kids, sometimes adults get.."

 

The sound of her phone interrupted her. Even though she knows the topic will come up other day, she silently thanked being able to not have to do it today.

 

The ID caller showed Dahyun's name.

 

"Oh, it's your Omma." She said cheerfully, looking at the children through the mirror, feeling stupid for faking a smile. "Hello?"

 

She picked up, stopping when the light turned red. 

 

"Did you leave the kids at home yet? I'm at the mall, i got here five minutes ago." Dahyun said from the other side of the line.

 

"I'm on my way home. I'll meet you in thirty minutes. Traffic is horrible at this hour." 

 

"Fine. I'll start looking around. Don't tell the kids we're going together! I don't want them to think Santa is not real-"

 

"Yeah, yeah. I get it. Don't worry about it!" Sana responded laughing. "I call you went i get there. See you!"

 

The call ended just in time for when the ligh turned green. Sana had a smile on, it was fun to see Dahyun so serious about the Santa thing.

 

"Was it Omma? What did she say?" Yuta asked.

 

"Just work stuff." 

 

"Why? Omma is a doctor and you design clothes." Hana questioned, realizing that their jobs have nothing to do with each other. Smart kid.

 

Sana just smiled, kinda ignoring it. 

 

"You will see her soon tomorrow morning." 

____________

 

Sana arrived at the mall fifteen minutes later, after dropping the kids at home.  On her way there, she couldn't stop thinking about the questions the kids made, and how difficult it was to answer. 

 

She met Dahyun in one of the restaurants in the mall, according to have lunch first. The korean doctor looked up from her phone, noticing her ex wife. She sighed, looking how good Sana looked

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter