BONUS+ Keeping Up With The Kims

Tell Me What To Do
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
KEEPING UP WITH THE KIMS

Just special fluff of saida being parents.

______________________

 

Having children was like lifting a tower made of legos, it was easy to start and make it grow, but the more legos you added the more difficult it was. In that way, with that sweet and simple concept, is how Dahyun and Sana looked at parenthood.

 

Having kids was as easy as making them, but rising them was totally different.

 

Ahri was growing up and learning how to walk, and everyone was happy about it. She kept growing but the little girl still got her chubby cheeks just like Sana's. 

 

Walking was a strong concept for a ten months old baby. She took two or three steps to grab a toy, but that was it, and Dahyun was on her way to call her parents to brag about it, while taking photos of her beautiful little princess. Sana said she was exageratting, it was not the first time Ahri tried to walk before, even if she ended up falling down after trying.

 

"It was only three steps, Dahyunnie." Sana said while put a can of veggies inside their cart. The baby's hazel eyes looked up at them, mumbling the word Mommy.

 

Dahyun furrowed her eyebrows and her lips became a thin line, under her baseball cap her sharp eyes were shining with an idea. 

 

"Wait and see," The korean said confidentely. "Put her on the floor."

 

"Eh?" Sana exclaimed. The little girl tried to imitate her, with a confused look. Sana's grandma, Hiroko, would say she look exactly like her while growing up, but the monolided eyes and pale skin were enough to tell she was a Kim too. The grandma said their daughter was like a porcelain doll that would grow up to be a star.

 

"Let's put her on the floor." Dahyun repeated.

 

Sana stopped pushing the cart right, her light brown eyes widened.

 

"The floor is dirty, and someone can bump into her."

 

"The aisle is empty, Sana." Dahyun pointed out. The family used to get their groceries every sunday afternoon because accourding to them it's when it's always empty. "Just let's see if she can walk more. She will talk some steps, right Ahri-chan?"

 

"O-mma!" The baby giggled. 

 

Saying no wouldn't be effective, Sana knew that. She has been married to Dahyun long enough to know that she won't let it go till she gets it. The japanese woman sighed and took Ahri out of the cart before putting her on the floor.

 

They waited a few seconds for the kid to stand up. Hesitating, her little hands grabbed the side of the cart and flexed her legs while hitting her shoes against the floor. She giggled while her tiny shoes would make a sound with every movement.

 

"She's just flexing her legs." Sana said. Dahyun frowned.

 

 

"She's walking."

 

"Dahyun, she's just flexing her legs, she's more like.. marching?"

 

 

"Marching is like walking."

 

"Dahyun."

 

"Sana."

 

The couple looked at each other, but then frowned when they realized the noise of the small shoes agains the floor disappeared.

 

Their eyes widened. "Where is she?!"

 

The spot where the little girl was placed by them was empty now. 

 

"Where is she?!" Sana exclaimed again. Dahyun blinked.

 

"Oh.."

 

"Oh?!" Sana yelled, causing a old lady walking by to almost jump scared. The japanese woman raised her arms while her eyes scanned frantically the supermarket.

 

While Sana's breathing became agitated, Dahyun went to look at the next aisle. "She's not here."

 

"Dahyun!" Sana's loud voice made other people look at them. Sana was about to panic or start crying, or do something worse if she didn't find her baby soon.

 

"She can be too far, babe." Dahyun tried to calm her down, giving her a smile. "She only can take three steps."

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter