Chapter 1

Its always been You

Chapter 1

“Congrats Ms.Kim!We did it.It all thanks to you”.Hara gave me an tight hug and I hug her back

“No.Ms.Hara,we did it.Its all thanks to our hardwork”.I smile at her.

“heol,I almost thought Ms.Jung would not approve our design,when I saw her cold and expressionless face when she was going through our designs.I even thought she is going to pass this project to Heechul’s team.But thank god.Ms.Kim help us to get the project”.Hara kept complimenting me .But I just shrugged it off and get back to my work.

“Taeyeon,what are you doing?Its almost 5p.m.Are you not going home yet?”.Sooyoung my best friend in this company asked me.

“not yet Soo.I still got some design to check and design.I’m just going to stayback for awhile.I will go home later Soo”.Sooyoung just sigh.

“sometimes,you have to go out and have some fun Tae.I have never seen you dating anyone for this past three years since I knew you”.

“Dating is just not my thing yet Soo.Maybe soon but not anywhere near”.I swallow unexisting lump in my throat when I lie to her.

Let me introduce myself.My name is Kim Taeyeon,26 years old.An fashion student graduate.I’m currently working in Jung Fashion Company for almot four years now.I was recruited by Mr.Jung,the president of this company when he saw me in a fashion designing competition.I accepted this job because of it’s good salary and because I really need the money for my family.I’m from an middle class family.My father passed away from cancer and I’m currently living with my mother and my sister.I barred my mother from working since she has health complications.So when Mr.Jung propose this job,I accepted this job immediately.In my four years in this job,I have cemented my status as one of the top designer for this company and I was given the honour to lead a team under me.I also have one secret which no one knows till now.My thoughts of train got interrupted when I felt someone taps my shoulder in lightly manner.

“Uhm,Ms.Kim.Ms.Jung would like to meet you in her room now.She asked you to hurry up and bring her the files for the design tomorrow”.It was Yerin,Ms.Jung assistant.I nod at her and scurried to her room.I knock the door and I went in after given the permission.After I went in,Jessica Jung the daughter of Mr.Jung is the new Creative Director of this company smile at me.I felt myself melt in that warm smile.She is known as someone with a cold attitude but when she is with me,her cold attitude will be replaced by a warm smile.

“hei girlfriend”.She greet me.Yeah you heard it right.We are dating each other secretly for almost three years now.Jessica prefer it to be secret because she is not ready to tell anyone about it and I agreed to her.

“hei Jessica”.She walk towards me and push me to sit on the couch.She sat on my lap on the way that she was straddling me.She snake both her arms around me and pull me closer.

“S-sica what are you doing?someone might enter your r-room”.I blushed profusely when she put my arms around her waist.

“Do I look like I care?”.Oh my god,she look so seductive.Unable to answer her ,I just shook my head.Without any notice,she kiss me roughly.I have no choice but to kiss her back with the same intensity.As she was going to slip her hands inside my blouse,her phone starts ringing interrupting our moment.

“S-sica,your phone i-is  r-ringing!”.I managed to say between our kisses.She stop for awhile and let out a grunt before answering her phone.

“yes dad?”.She answer the phone.She was still straddling me while talking to her dad.

“again! But dad I’m not interested in that date dad”.I snapped to look at her and she bit her lips.So it’s a blind date again.I don’t know why but I felt a surge inside me and I can feel my heart ache.I remove her from me and stood up while adjusting my outfit.

“Dad,please……ugh,fine dad”.I was about to leave the room when she grab my wrist and mouthed ‘wait here’.I let out a soft sigh.I took a sit at the end of the couch,distancing myself from her.

“Ok dad,lets talk about this later during dinner.Yeah bye dad ,um…love you too”.After that she hang up and looked at me.

“So its another blind date uh?”.I asked her.

“Tae….”.I put my hand up to gesture her to stop talking.

“I know,you can’t disobey your dad.And you going to reject that guy.Ok I get it Jessica.I have and still hearing that sentence for almost three years”.I turn away from her to face the window outside so that I can prevent her from seeing my tears.She came and back hug me.

“Tae,I’m sorry,I promise I will make it right”.I just kept quiet. “Tae please talk to me”.I turn to look at her.

“There’s nothing to talk Sica.You can only make it right when you open up about our relationship to your dad but you would not do it.I get it.Its okay.I understand”.I look at my watch and it was almost 6.30p.m. “I need to go now.I see you tomorrow ok.Enjoy your dinner with your family and with that date too”.I kiss her cheek and walk out of her room.I left the building and drove my car to my apartment.As I reach my apartment,I plopped myself on the couch with tiredness.I was so tired,today was an hectic day full with meetings with Jessica about the new design for our project and so on.I almost fell asleep when my phone start ringing and my mom’s name flashed on the screen.I answer it immediately.

“Mom.hei”.

“what are you doing Taeyeon?you sound so tired.Are you ok?Don’t work too hard darling.I’m worried about you”.I don’t know why but I felt like I want to cry when I heard my mother’s voice.

“Mom,you sound so worried.I’m doing fine and I’m working hard for all of us including for my little sister mom.Have you taken your dinner ?where’s my little sister?”.

“She is asleep now taeyeon ah.She misses you just like how I miss my beloved daughter.I know that you’re working hard for us but don’t fell sick please.And please visit us sometimes taeyeon.Its been ages since you visit us tae”.She told me softly.I just laughed at her words.

“mom, I just visit you both last two months mom.I’m sorry mom.I got caught up with work mom.Uh,what about this weekend?I will visit you guys on Friday after my work ended and stay there for two days?”.I asked my mother and my mother sounded very happy when she said ok and she also promised that she will cook all my favourite food.We talk for almost two hour before we hang up.I stood up lazily and went to take shower.After taking a fresh hot bath.I was not hungry so I just lay down on my bed and look at the ceiling.I heaved out a sigh and looked at the side table to glance at the clock.The night is still young.I thought about my relationship with Jessica.

Flashback

I walk to the big building,my heart beats like wants to jump out of my body.After I was recruited by Mr.Jung,he ordered me to meet with him as soon as possible.The receptionist brought me to his office.I knock and enter his room

“Ah Kim Taeyeon”.He gave me a warm hug and I bow at him.

“forget the formalities taeyeon.I feel happy that you decide to work in my company Taeyeon”.

“The pleasure is mine Mr.Jung”.He just smiled at me and gesture a woman about my age to come up to meet with me.When I looked up at her.My heart stop beating for a moment.She look so beautiful and I thought I almost faint when I see her smile at me.

“Taeyeon.please meet Jessica Jung,my daughter and the CEO of this company.Oh,she is also the creative director of this company.

Flashback ends.

 I was snapped out of my thoughts when my phone starts ringing and I exactly knows who is calling me.I put this special ringtone for Jessica.But not tonight,I was hurt.I took my phone before silencing it.I drifted to sleep in tired.

“It was 6.30 when my alarm woke me up.I grunt and switch off my alarm clock.I took a shower and get ready for my work.I took my phone and found almost 15 missed call and 20 text from Jessica.All asking about my whereabouts and what I’m doing.I send her a text.

‘Sorry,fell asleep early due to fatigue’ – Taeyeon.

I continue my routine when my phone vibrate on the table.I took and read the text message send by Jessica to me.

‘That’s all.Do you think sorry can make me calm down Kim Taeyeon!? – Jessica

I heaved out a sigh and sat on the chair in the dining room.I took a sip from my black coffee and massaged my temple.

‘Sica,please don’t fight with me early morning please.I’m sorry ok.I felt asleep and left my phone in silent mode so I did not realise it’ – Taeyeon

I did not receive any replies and I knew that I’m in trouble when I go work later.It was 8 sharp when I arrive at the office.As I settle myself in my cubicle ,I saw Jessica entering the office.I can feel the dark aura around her.When she look at me,I avoided her gaze and looked at my laptop.She slam the door and yell at her assistant,asking her to bring her something to drink.I feel pity for Yerin because she has to suffer because of me.After that,one of the designer went to Jessica’s room to show her the design but instead got yelled and asked to get out.I fished out my phone and text Jessica.

‘Can you stop already?I know you are angry but don’t show it to everyone.Show it to the one that cause it ok.You are scaring the workers with your temper’- Tayeon

Soon,Yerin came to me with a trembling voice.

“uh,Ms.Kim.Ms.Jung wants to meet you in the meeting room.She ask you to be there in five minutes or she will fired you”.I almost laughed with that sentence but I control myself.

“okay I will go now”.Yerin bow at me.I picked up my sketches  and some files related to work for a show.I saw Sooyoung showing me a ‘hwaiting’ sign.I just smile at her.I guess its my turn to get scolded now.

 

a/n: thanks to the subscribers.This is my second story and first taengsic.I’m still improving.Sorry if this chapter bores you.