Chapter 18

Its always been You

Chapter 18

“T-Taeyeon….”.

“Um, I guess you already know her.She is Kim Taeyeon.One of the most talented fashion designer in this company”.She walk towards me and offered me a handshake.But then she grip it too hard till I wince in pain.

“Fany ah”.I mouthed at her and she just glare at me.

“And this is Jessica Jung the CEO of this company and that’s Eric Jr Kim,the head of HR department”.She bow politely to them and she glare at me.

“And this is Tiffany Hwang.She is my assistant and the one who will contact you for this deal”.

“Nice to meet you Ms.Hwang”.She just politely bow to all of them.

“this is the file that contains all the info about out partnership and deals.Please review it and do tell us if you are not contented with the content”.Tiffany talk like a professional.

“Thanks you Ms.Hwang”.I told her.

“Ms.Jung if you don’t mind,would you like to have lunch with me to celebrate the success of this deal.Uh,Mr.Eric also can  join us with  Tae unnie?”.Amber asked Jessica.

“Sure Amber.We will”.Jessica answer but I decline the offer.There is no way that I would eat with that idiot who messed up with my life.

“Um,sorry Am.I’m not hungry and I have some work to do.You guys go ahead.I will see you later”.I avoided Jessica and Amber just nod at me.

“How about you Ms.Hwang?”.

“Sorry Ms.Liu,I have some catch up to do too.I will see you in the office”.

“OK,then we will be leaving soon”.Tiffany and I bow to them till they leave the place.

“ouch!ouch! yah Hwang Miyoung.that hurts!”.I whined when she pull my ears.

“Yah don’t you dare to call me that,stupid!”.

“Ok….let me go.I feel like my ears gonna ripped off soon”.She lets go of my ear and glare at me.

“Enough of glaring Hwang.Lets go to my room.I will serve you the best coffee in the office”.I lead her to my room and gave her coffee to drink.

“So how have you been idiot?Haven’t heard of you for almost 10 years”.Tiffany asked me and I chuckled at her.

“Idiot huh?I’m fine pink stupid.How about you?”.She glare at me when I call her with nickname.

“Yeah I’m very fine.I went to Jeonju to look for my bestfriend 4 months ago and guess what I found out?My bestfriend move out from Jeonju and her mother pass away.You didn’t even bother to tell me!”.

“Hei stop yelling! Its not my fault if you went to States for 10 years and just came back 4 months ago.I lost your contact totally and yeah…I’m sorry”.I apologised to her.She reach out for my hand and squeeze it.

“I’m so sorry for your loss Tae.I wish I could be there for you for you.I felt like I failed as your best friend”.I look at her and smiled at her.

Tiffany Hwang or Hwang Miyoung is my childhood friend for who knows for how many years.But she is my one and only friend I ever had in Jeonju.She somehow has to move to States to continue her studies.But we still has contact with each other no matter what happens.

“No,fany ah.Its not your fault.You were not aware of the situation and I’m not even angry at you ok”.I consoled her. “And yeah Sinb missed you fany ah”.I told her.

“Oh man,I miss Sinb.How is she?Is she doing great?”.I just nod at her.

“Why don’t you come to my house later?You can meet her later and we can also have some chat.As you can see,I’m busy right now?”.I winked at her and gave her my address.

“Ok sure idiot.I will meet you there.Dont tell her ok.Let it be a secret”.I just nod at her.

“Anyway I have to go…gotta some meetings to attend you know”.I stood up and hug her.

“I missed you bestie..so much…make sure to come tonight ok.I will cook your favourite”.She broke the hug and look at me in horror.

“You..gonna…cook.. ,oh man you almost burn the house the last time you learn to cook!And I miss you too idiot”.

“Yah!!!! I cook better now ok and I’m not an idiot!”.She just smile and soon we bid our goodbye.I sat on my chair and lean down while heaving a sigh.I took my phone and look at my wallpaper which was of course Jessica herself.I really miss her too much to even said it to herself but I do,I really do.Since Eric came to our life,the argument has been so tormenting to us and we barely met each other with I always trying to avoid meeting her.I sigh when I thought how much she still affects me.

I threw my keys and lie down on the couch.I was so exhausted and I fell asleep in the couch.

“Unnie!yah! unnie get up!”.I opened my eyes when I realise Sinb shook my shoulder.

“What!! I’m still sleepy Sinb ah?”.I whined at her.

“Unnie,its almost 8p.m now.You are sleeping more than 3 hours already”.She shook my shoulder again.Wait?What!!Its almost 8p.m??Holy .Tiffany will be here anytime soon.I quickly got up and rub my eyes. “Aigoo,my unnie is so cute”.I swat Sinb’s hand when she pinch my cheeks.I got up and went to kitchen to cook some dinner.Sinb came to kitchen while eating an apple.

“What!”.I asked her when she look at me incrediously.

“Why are you suddenly cooking so much?.Its only us”.

“Well we have a guest dongsaeng”. I told her.

“Is it Sica unnie?”.I stopped my tracks and look at her.

“No its not.Its someone else and trust me you will like her so much that you will jump and hug her”.

“So you did not settle with Sica unnie yet?”.I just shrug my shoulder at her. “Anyway,unnie!you’re being so dramatic.I hope its right?”.She went to the living room to continue watching tv.After an hour,I was done preparing the dinner and the door bell rang.

“Sinb ah,please unlock the door”.I yelled at her.After a few seconds,I heard a loud squeling and I just laughed.Its from my best friend and my sister.

“Oh my,Fany unnie!!! I missed you.Its been ages since we last met each other.Where did you go!?”.I heard Sinb was excited tone and I went to meet tiffany who was being hug tightly by my sister.

“Yah! let her go before she dies of breathing difficulties”.I told Sinb.She broke the hug and glare at me.

“Unnie!you could have told me that Fany unnie is our guest!”.

“I was the one who told her not to tell you dongsaeng ah and I honestly miss you my loveable dongsaeng”.Fany ruffled her hair.

“Aw,I miss you too”.I almost puke when I heard Sinb’s cute voice.

“I think I gonna vomit Sinb ah.Anyway fany ah take a sit.I just wanna go take a shower”.

“Do you need help with it tae?I can help you”.She wink at me and Sinb laugh at us.

“Yeah,yeah of course you can but I will kick you out of my apartment before that”.Dont get us wrong but that’s how we joke with each other since we were kids.

After half an hour,I went to the dining room just to find my best friend and sister starts eating without me.

“Yah!How could you guys do this for me?Why didn’t you guys wait for me?”.I pout at them.

“Sorry Tae,we are hungry and the smell of your food is so nice.So we abandon you!!.But please do join us”.I pout and went to the table to eat with them.

“Um,Tae you definitely a good cook man.I thought you will still be the girl who doesn’t know how to cook”.My sister laugh at the remark and I pinsh tiffany’s arm.

“Yah! I cook even better than you idiot”.I told her which make us laugh.After a long time,I was able to eat in happiness and peace.Suddenly there were an knock on the door.I volunteer to open the door.I don’t think I’m expecting any guest today.I opened the door and the face that I miss so much appeared.

“H-hi Tae”.I greet her back.

“Hei”.

“Can I come in?”.I nod and make way for her to go in. “I hope you are not busy though”.

“No,I was not.We was just eating our dinner”.She just nod at me and we look at each other for a few minutes before Sinb’s voice broke our reverie.

“Unnie who is it!”.I broke our gaze.

“Its Jessica”.Then I turn to her. “I hope you did not ate your dinner yet.Feel free to join us”.We both went to dining room and I forgot that Tiffany existed in my house tonight.

“Ms.Jung?”.Tiffany stood and bow to her for a few times which made me giggle.

“Fany ah stop it.This is Jessica Jung.You met her at the office this morning and she is my g-girlfriend.And Jessica,this is Tiffany Hwang.I already told about her to you if I’m right”.

“Oh my!!!! She is your girlfriend.Your boss is your girlfriend!.You hit jackpot Tae”.Fany’s loud voice boom in my house.

“Shut up fany ah!you’re too loud.Just eat please”.I gestured Jessica to take her seat beside me.

“I hope you like the food.I didn’t cook much cause you did not inform me prior about your coming”.I told her.

“I-its ok.Thanks”.Somehow,the dinner then was in pure silence.And I decided to break the surrounding.

“So fany ah!are you dating anyone?”.She choke on her food.

“yah.I’m eating stupid”.I just shrug at her.

“Whats the connetion between your food and my question?come on answer it!”.

“no,I’m not dating anyone Tae.I love my single life so much that I’m not willing to share it anyone”.I saw Jessica jerked up her gaze when she heard Tiffany’s answer.

“Really?I don’t believe you”.I and Sinb also join me to make her more annoyed while Jessica was just looking at us.

“yah! just shut up and eat before I shove the food down your throat.Ms.Jung please control your girlfriend here”.Jessica just look at me.

“You can just call me Jessica,Tiffany.We are the same age here”.She just nod at me.After the dinner,I volunteer to clean up the dishes.While I was busy washing the dishes,a pair of arms wrapped itself around my waist tightly  while burying her head on my back.

“Jessica,what are you doing?I’m cleaning the dishes here”.I start to protest but she kiss my neck softly.

“Please taeyeon.I just want to hug you.I miss you so much Tae.I can’t stand without seeing you or talking to you.I’m sorry Taeyeon for the pain that I caused you but please don’t,just don’t say that I don’t love you anymore.Because I love you too much to let you go.You are the one for me Tae and you know it.I don’t know what’s Eric doing in our company.I’m serious Tae.Please trust me”.I turn and look at her.

“Stop it Jess.Please.I’m having a terrible headache because of all this things around me.I don’t want to think about this anymore.I-I want to forget this Jess.Please.Let me go,I wanna have a peace of mind”.She broke our hug and look at me.

“You are not breaking up with me right?”.I look at her and scoffed.

“Do you think I will break up with you?Or let me guess,you are jealous of Tiffany?”.She just kept mum. “I really hope that you can throw away your jealousy with her Jessica.Because she is an important person in my life just like you.She is my best friend,another sister of mine”.

“I know taeyeon….I’m so…”.

“Stop Jessica.Dont say sorry again.Yes I miss you but please don’t make me hate you.Just don’t get jealous of her.And how was lunch with Eric?”.I snicker at her.

“Stop Taeyeon.Stop talking about him”.

“Why?yeah he is just your ex but clearly your dad did not think that way.Just one day he agreed to our relationship and Bbammm your ex appeared out of nowhere”.

“don’t blame my dad in this Tae.He is not someone like that”.She defend him.

“Yeah ok….”.

“Taeyeon,is everything ok there.You are taking a long time to wash the dishes”.I heard Jessica huff in annoyance when Tiffany yelled at us.

“Is she always that loud?”.I look at her.

“I’m telling you again,don’t get jealous of her.And I think you should go now.Sinb knows everything about us right now and she is not that happy so you should really go”.I told her.

“Fine,I will leave now.I will see you tomorrow”.After sending her off,three of us gather at the living room and have some chit chat.

“So do you wanna talk about your relationship with Jessica?”.

“Huh?talk about what?There’s nothing to talk about it fany ah”.She hold my hand.

“taeyeon,I overheard your conversation with her at the kitchen.You can talk to me about anything and you know it tae”.I don’t know why but I pull her into my embrace and I starts sobbing.

“Its so hard fany ah.I just want her to understand”.Then I proceed to tell her everything starting from our dating till now.She keep rubbing my back while I told her the happenings.

“Tae,I’m sorry for you.I don’t know maybe Amber is right but aren’t Jessica suppose talk it through with you on the day itself?why does she have to wait so long till you start talking to her?”.I shook my head at her.

“I only want her to understand how I felt those 3 years,unable to tell to anyone and have to hide ourselves but I gave in because I love her.I really do.And when I thought everything is going great,suddenly this ex fiasco came in and had me in turmoil ever since”.Tiffany change her position to a thinking position.

“Maybe we should make her understand…..we are going to engage in ‘operation Jessica’ from tomorrow onwards ok?And you are going to help me with it”.

“No,no way.We don’t have to do it fany ah.I don’t want to cause more trouble..”

“Shut up Tae.I want to help you,my friend Tae.So give me a chance to help you ok”.I just nod my head like a puppy. “And I shoud go now.Its getting late”.

“No wait”.I held her wrist. “Just stay here.Its getting late.You can sleep on the guest room”.Then she grin widely.

“Ok then I will go to sleep now.Good night tae”.

“Good night to you too fany ah”.We bid our goodbye and went to our respective room.

“Oh,Tae”.I stopped in my tracks when I heard she call my name. “I’m dating someone and it’s a she”.Then she close the door.I was stunned and look at the door.

“Yah!!! Hwang Miyoung!Who is that person!!!?”.

 

a/n:welcome to all the new subscribers.Thanks for subscribing and reading.And do comment