Chapter 17

Its always been You

Chapter 17

It was Monday and Jessica did not bother to contact me since our argument on Saturday.I was back to work feeling my migraine has come back again.

“Hyo,can you come to my room with the meeting file now?”.

“Sure Tae.I will be there”.After a few minutes,Hyorin came to my room.I smile at her and ask her to take her sit.

“Here Tae.the file”.As I was checking the file,I saw that Hyorin keep looking at me.

“Is there anything wrong on my face?”.

“N-no Tae.why?”.

“Because you keep looking at me like theres something wrong with my face”.

“I’m sorry.I want to ask you something but I’m afraid if you feel like I’m intruding your privacy”.I closed the file and look at her.

“Go on.What isit?”

“During the fight between my ex and you,I notice that you hug Ms.Jung and k-kissed her crown while whispering something.I’m just curious but is she your girlfriend?”.I sigh and nod at her.

“Yeah she is the one Hyo.I hope you keep this between us because I don’t want people to think that I’m a gold digger or something”.

“S-sure Tae.I’m happy for you”.She smile at me but I notice sadness beyond those eyes.I hand her the file back to her.

“Its all set Hyo,send this to the accounting department and ask them to recheck it.After they are done,send it to the HR department so that they can review it”.She just nod and went out of my room.While I drown myself to my work,my phone beep indicating an incoming message.I sigh and look at my phone,it was Jessica.To be honest,I ignored her for the whole weekend since that Saturday fiasco.Although she did not contact me directly,she called Sinb instead to ask about me

Please Tae,talk to me.I miss you badly’.That was the message I received from her.Honestly,I miss her too very badly.But I can’t give in that easily,I can’t make myself look like a easy person to her.All this weekend,I was thinking about our relationship.How I easily give in everytime we argue about something,maybe just maybe she think I’m too easy.I ignored the messages and starts arranging the documents.After a few minutes,my phone starts ringing and I instantly knows who was it.I attend the phone and kept quiet.

“Tae,Taeyeon.Are you there?”.I kept silence while Jessica starts talking. “ I know you are angry at me Tae but please don’t ignore me.I’m sorry for not contacting you since Saturday.But please Tae,I feel like I’m gonna die if I did not see you anytime soon.Please Tae,lets talk it through,Lets meet tonight at my apartment ok.I will wait for you .Please come Tae”.Then I hung up the phone.I honestly don’t know what to do.

After I went back home,I took shower then sat in living room while making myself busy by watching tv.Sinb is not back home yet because she went with Naeun to study.I kept glancing at the clock.Its almost 8p.m and I don’t know if I should go or not to her house.At last,I took the keys and drove to her house.I arrive at her house after almost an 30 minutes,and I stood in front of the door for 10 minutes before I punch in the code and walked in.

“J-jessica?”.I called her and found her at the kitchen.

“Tae,I’m in the kitchen”.For a second,I was amazed because Jessica doesn’t know how to cook and now she is in kitchen.

“What are you doing?”.I asked her amused with the condition of the kitchen.

“Um,cooking dinner for you,us”.

“I’m not hungry Jessica and I have to go back soon.You called me here to talk so here am I”.She was taken aback by my tone of the voice.

“O-oh,ok.Just sit there.I will be there soon”.After 5 minutes,she came and sat in front of me.

“Soo,what do you want to talk about?”.She look at me and gave me what the hell look.

“I just want to say sorry about my behaviour on Saturday and during the dinner.It wasn’t my intention to ignore you or defend him.I’m sorry”.She hung her head down.

“Okay”.

“What?”.

“I said okay.You said sorry,I said okay.What else do you expect me to say?”.

“Can you please talk to me properly.I’m trying to atone my mistakes Tae.Stop treating me like you don’t care about whaever I’m talking about Taeyeon”.

“Did I ask you to do it?Did I ask you to atone your mistakes”.She look at me in wide eyes.

“What are you talking about?”.

“You never care about me when I was hurt and mad with your actions,It took you three days to say sorry when I came ran to you like your puppy whenever I made a mistake to you?.I just d-don’t understand Jessica”.I raised my voice at her and did not realise that I was tearing while I was talking.

“I just d-don’t understand Jessica.You did not tell me that you have been in a relationship but you always interrogate me like I’m a criminal if I talk to any girl out there including Sooyoung.I g-get it.I’m just your girlfriend not you legal wife so you don’t have to tell me anything related to your private to me…”

“T-Taeyeon,its not…..”.

“No,please let me speak first.When that stupid insult me at the dinner,I expected you to defend me,at least interfere him but you did not do anything about it.And at the office,why do you have to tell me that in front of him.Yes,I’m jealous,so jealous.Am I that easy uh?”.I slumped down to the sofa and starts crying.

“T-Tae please don’t c-cry.I’m sorry for not telling you anything about him.I did not mean to do it.And at the dinner,I’m s-sorry for not defending you.I j-just sorry.I don’t know what else to say Tae.Please”.She sat beside me and reach out to touch me but I swat her hand away.

“I have to go”.I took my keys and decide to go home.Before I exit,I turned to look at her. “Sometimes I think all of this is planned by your dad or maybe,just maybe you don’t love me anymore”.I left the house and went to my house.I saw Sinb watching tv.

“What time was your curfew Sinb!?”.I accidentally yelled at her making her jump.

“n-nine unnie”.I noticed that her voice was trembling but  my mood swing attacked me.

“You were late for almost 1 hour.Its almost 10.And now you are watching tv.Don’t you have school tomorrow or is it a school holiday!?”.I yelled at her.

“N-no,unnie.I’m g-going now”.

“Wait, from tomorrow onwards,no more going out.Stay here and study.You are banned from going anywhere for 1 week.You understand!”.She just nod.”Now off the stupid tv and go to sleep now!”.I yelled at her and she dash to her room.I sigh and went to my room.Today is a hell day.I closed my eyes.

I opened my eyes and my head were painfully throbbing.I switch off my alarm and went to get myself ready for another tormenting day.I walk to the kitchen and saw Sinb eating toast with milk.The air was awkward after I accidentally yelled at her yesterday.That was the first time I yelled at her since my mother pass away.

“U-unnie,I’m ready”.She whispered slowly to me.

“Ok,lets go”.The ride to her school was terrible and was so awkward.She kept her gaze outside as though the tall skycrapers is more interesting.When I drop her to schoo,I pull her into my embrace before she leave the car.

“Mianhae Sinb ah.Jeongmal mianhae.I did not mean to yell at you”.I kiss her crown for a few times and we broke our hug.

“I-its ok unnie.I know that you are stressed.You can talk to me about anything unnie.You know that”.I not at her and her hair.

“Unnie,will pick you up today ok?”.

“You are not going to work?”.I just shook my head at her.

“Nah,I’m not feeling well.I will be fine.You should go now.Its almost time and about the ban  that I mentioned…..just forget it ok”.She look happily to me and kiss my cheek.After I went back home,I texted Sooyoung about my absence and went back to sleep.I woke up exactly at 12p.m with my head still throbbing.I checked my phone and there were few missed calls and texts from Jessica.I ignored that and went out to eat lunch.After my lunch,I drove to Jeonju to visit my mother.Its been a long time since I visited her.I bought her favourite flowers and went to her tomb.I kneel down and offer my prayers to her.

“Mom,life has been so tough nowdays that I’m losing my strength and I’m on the brink of giving up.My love life has been so messed up.I wish you were h-here mom,so that I can rant to you about Jessica and my life.I wish you were here to give me an hug,pat my head and tell me that ‘everything is fine’.Oh mom,Sinb is also doing great.I know you are watching us from up there and taking a good care of us.I j-just miss you so much mom.I want you here”.I starts sobbing.Suddenly I felt like a gush of air hit me,caressing my head and soon it was gone.I smile to myself . “Yes mom,I know you are here.Thanks”.I stood up and drove back to Seoul.I went to fetch Sinb and I saw her talking with her friends.She noticed me and wave her hand excitedly to me.

“Sinb ah,lets go to Jeonju this weekend”.She look at me with her eyes sparkling with joy.

“Really unnie!! Yes lets go.I miss our house”.I just chuckled while looking at her enthuasiasm.I brought her to a restaurant to have lunch.While we were eating.my phone starts ringing and it was Jessica.I look at Sinb and attend the phone.

“What?”.I asked her.

“A-are you okay?You were absent from work.So I’m just worried about you”.

“I’m fine.Just a bit of headache.I will be to work tomorrow.Bye”.I hung up the phone.Sinb look at me and I finally sigh,told her what happened.

“I don’t know what to say unnie.You are the one who is in love with her.I really hope you can settle this unnie”.And that’s how my day went.Just resting at home and spending time with my sister.

The next morning,I went to office and I saw Amber there.

“Hei Am?”.She smile at me.

“Hei unnie.How are you doing?”.

“I’m doing fine.How about you and what are you doing here?”.

“Oh,so you don’t know?”.

“Know what Am?”.

“Your company’s next partnership is with my company”.I just nod at her.

“Owh,so you and Krystal is ok now?”.She just shrug her shoulder. “Yah!what does that meant?”.

“I don’t know unnie.After that day,I went back to our house and we both are avoiding the conversation.But she is being sweet since that day.Cooking breakfast for me and stuff.So I decided to not talk about it.How about you unnie?”.

“Honestly,I don’t know.We are still in turmoil since that Saturday.I just don’t know”.She pat my shoulder.

“Lets go in unnie,Sica unnie will be here soon”.

“Wait,why am I wanted here?”.I asked her.

“Sica unnie wants all team leader to be in the meeting.Apparently this is the biggest partnership ever.So yeah lets go”.She drag me to the meeting room.Throughout the deal was made,I avoided Jessica intense eye contact with me.Somehow I do miss her but I just want her to realize what she is been doing now.After the deal was made,I walk with Amber while Jessica and Eric was behind me.

“Unnie,my assistant will send you the files regarding the deal ok.She should be here by now”.Just then we heard a thud like someone falling down.Amber look shocked.

“Uh,Ms.Hwang are you ok?”.She ask her while helping that person to get up.She grunt.

“yeah Ms.Liu.Just got slipped.Thanks for helping me”.I smile to myself.Krystal would not be too happy if she sees this.

“You are welcome Ms.Hwang.By the way did you bring the files”.I saw her nod.I could not look at her face because Amber was blocking my view.

“Let me introduce you to our dealers.This is Ms.Kim…..”She could not finish her words.

“T-Taeyeon….”.I look at her with a shocked expressin.Oh god,I should have known when Amber mentioned Ms.Hwang.

“Isn’t she Tiffany Hwang,your bestfriend”.I heard Jessica’s whisper but my gaze is focused on this person whom I did not meet for almost 10 years.

“F-Fany ah?”.I whispered.

 

a/n :This is not a taenysic fan fic.There would  be a taeny moments here but just as friends.Somehow taeyeon needs a friend right??....Thanks for all the new subscribers and to those who commented.Some of you guys made me laugh.Thanks and see you when I see you guys.