Chapter 27

Its always been You

Chapter 27 (Amber’s Pov)

I was preparing breakfast when Taeyeon unnie greeted me.

“Am you don’t have to do this.I can do it”.

“Its ok unnie.Its not a big deal.Furthermore,I can show you my cooking skills you know”.She just laugh at it.

“Whatever.Are you sure you don’t need any help?”.I nod at her .

“I’m very sure.Well you can arrange the untensils at the table.I’m nearly done anyway”.She nod at me.After an hour,Taeyeon unnie and I were washing the dishes.

“Are you going home after this?”.

“Yeah,I have to get ready to work though.I cant show up like this to work,then I will be the talk of my workers then”.She just hum in response.After finishing all the dishes,I took my leave.

“Am,I hope the next time I meet you.You will sort things with Krystal okay?”.I nod at her and hug her.

“Thank you unnie.See you later”.

I drove to our apartment and after I park the car,I took a deep breath and lean down back on my car seat.I took a deep breath.

Flashback

I prepared a sumptuous dinner for Krystal.I left office early while Krystal was still working.While I was arranging the plates,I took out the box which contained a ring on it.I decide to propose to Krystal today.An hour later,Krystal came back from office.

“Hei babe”.I press a light kiss on her lips.

“Hei.You are back early”.

“Yeah I prepared dinner for you.Its all your favourite”.She kiss my cheek.

“wow thank you but is there any special occasion today because I don’t remember”.

“No nothing.Its just a dinner babe.Dont overthink it okay.Now go take a bath”.She smile at me and went to our room.I pace around because I’m such a nervous wreck.

“Babe,I’m here”.I smile at her and gave my hand which she took it.I bring her to the dining table and we had our dinner with some kisses here and there.

“Come on”.I held her hand and dragged her to the balcony.

“Okay you are freaking me around.Are you okay?Is there something wrong?”.I heaved a desperate sigh.

“No,no everything is okay maybe not okay.Damn I’m nervous”.I rub both of hand together and try to gather myself.

“Am love,look at me”.She cup my face. “What is it?You can tell me anything babe”.I gaze into her eyes.That eyes which captivate me the first time I saw her in my class.Her eyes is magic that kept me fascinated.

“Will you marry me?”.I whispered and her eyes widen.She let go of my face and took a step back.

“What did you just said?”.I took a deep breath.

“I know this is so sudden but Krys we have been together for more than 5 years and I want you to be mine legally.I wanna spend the rest of my life with you.So will you marry me?”.I get on one of my knees and took out the ring from my pocket.

“So will you ….?”.I look at her face and my heart broke.Her face expression changed.She looked like I said something bad.Thats the moment I know that I ed up.

“Am….Amber….”.

“It’s a no isn’t it?”.I faked a laughed and stood up. “I know.I was stupid.I thought you were say yes.I should have wait….”.My ramble was cut off by Krys.

“Am,no.I’m sorry.Its just this is so sudden…”.Suddenly anger bubble inside me.

“Sudden?? Soojung we have been together for more than 5 years and its not 5 days.You are calling this sudden?”.I yell at her.

“I know I’m sorry”.She look down the floor. “Its not that I don’t want to marry you Am,its just I’m not ready for a married life yet”.Tears were pooling and the last think I need is me breaking down in front of Krystal.

“No,I’m sorry.I should have asked you.I was an idiot.I’m sorry.Just forget what happened just now”.I left the balcony and went to take my keys.I need to get out from here.For the first time,I find this apartment suffocating me.I put on my slipper and head to the door but Krystal firm hand were around my waist.

“Please don’t go.I’m sorry.But just don’t go”.Her voice crack and I know that she is crying. “Let’s talk about this.Please don’t be mad at me”.I broke her hug and face her.I pull her into my hug and kiss her head softly.

“I’m not mad at you.I could never be, at you Krys.I love you okay but now I have to be alone.Dont worry about me okay”.I broke the hug and look at her. “If I don’t come back,just go to sleep okay”.I let her hand go.I heard a faint ‘I love you too’.After I was inside my car,I let out all my frustration.I drove towards my family’s villa  to spend the night.I don’t think I could stay with Krystal tonight

Flashback ends

That was when I met Taeyeon unie and the rest is history.I turn off my car and went to the apartment.I’m sure Krystal will be at home.She would not be settled until we solve this out.I opened the door and the entire house was pitch black.The curtain was closed and the light were closed.I heard a voice from my room.

“Soojung ah,can you please get up and eat something?”.I walk to our room and heard Jessica unnie’s voice.

“Yah! are you in some kind of hunger strike?.Amber will be back soon.She already text you that she is crashing at her friend’s house right.She will be home soon so can you please at least drink this milk”.I heard Jessica unnie let out desperate sigh and my heart broke because Krystal did not eat anything.I knock the door softly and went inside.Jessica unnie widen her eyes when she look at me.

“Soojung ah….”.Krystal sat up from the bed as soon as she heard my

“Amber…”.She ran and hug me tight. “Are you okay?”.

“I’m fine.Why haven’t you eaten anything yet since yesterday?You must be hungry right”.She hug me tightly again while crying.

“How can I eat in peace knowing that you are angry at me Am?”.Before I could answer,Jessica unnie clears and Krystal broke the hug quickly.

 “Okay since she is here,can you go clean yourself up.You are such a mess.I need to go work anyway”.Krystal barely nod and went to take shower.Jessica unnie went to the kitchen and I followed her because I know I have some explanation to do.

“Unnie…I’m….”But she cut me off.

“You don’t have to explain anything to me Am.Krystal refuse to tell me anything so I’m gonna respect that privacy like Taeyeon said.She is right,although Krystal is my sister I should know my boundaries”.

“No you have the right to know what happened anyway”.So I spend the next 30 minutes,telling her what happened.

“Wow……”.That was her only reaction.

“That’s it.I mean are you like sick or something unnie?”I touch her forehead.

“Yah! what do you mean?”.I just grin at her.

“No,I thought you will be angry at me probably scolding me but you are cool about it so I thought you are not feeling well unnie”.

“Yah.Stop showing you grin to me.I don’t know what to say.This is something that you both have to discuss it together.I mean both of you are in fault here”.

“Really?”.I asked her.

“Argh,whatever.Solve it between yourself either.I have to go work now.I miss my Taeyeon”.I just chuckled at her.

“Why are you laughing at me?Do you have death wish or something?”.

“No you just look like a love sick puppy unnie and its funny”.She hit the side of my head hard and I groan in pain.

“I have to go now.Breakfast is right there.Please ask her to eat.See you later”.I waved at her.I went to reheat the breakfast and brought it to our room.She was still in shower so I made up the bed while waiting for her.After a few moments,she came out of the bathroom with fresh scent.

“Hei,come here”.I pat the bed and she just followed.I took the pancake and held it right in front of her.

“I’m not really that hungry Am”.I look at her and pouted at her.

“Don’t lie to me.Please eat it.I’m hungry too and I will only eat after you”.After a few seconds,she just comply and start eating the pancakes.We shared the breakfast in silence.After the breakfast,I set the plates at the side and lie down on the bed.I held my right hand open to Soojung and she get the gesture.She lie down and hide her face at the crook of my neck.

“I’m sorry….”.

“Shhhh.Its not your fault at all.I just thought you were ready.Its not my fault for not considering your feelings”.I kissed her hair softly and she swing her right arm around me,hugging me closer to her.

“Its not your fault too.You just thought I will accept it”.She whispered softly,tickling my neck at the process.

“Then I guess its no one’s fault then.We both were an idiot”.She chuckled softly,sound vibrating.

“Okay.I love you.so much Amber.Just remember that”.

“I love you too more much.And you remember that”.She look at me and god she is so gorgeous.

“Are we okay now?”.I smile at her and planted a soft peck.

“We are more than okay.We are actually great”.We smile at each other.

“I missed you yesterday so I make unnie stay here.And I cant sleep either so I didn’t make unnie sleep too”.I laugh at her.

“I didn’t sleep too yesterday.I just missed you too”.I her hair.

“Were you at the villa last night?”.I shook my head at her.

“Actually on the way to villa,I saw Taeyeon unnie and I told her what happened.So she asked me to stay with her”.

“Really.Suprisingly she did not said anything to unnie”.

“Because she wants to give us privacy.She also told me that Sica unnie and her got into a small argument about this”.I told her what happened to her.

“Owh so is that why unnie didn’t force me to say anything about us.She just ask me to tell her when I’m ready”.I just shrug at her.

“Well I did and she seems pretty calm about it though”.She just nod at me and we just lie down in silence.

“Am….”.

“Yes baby”.

“I’m hungry”.I look at her and at the same time her stomach made noise which made me laugh.

“Aigoo my poor baby is hungry eh?”.She hit my arm.

“Yah!!!dont tease me”.She whine at me.

“Give me an hour.I will cook something for you okay.Just rest”.I kiss her head and went to kitchen to cook lunch for her.As I was cooking,my phone starts ringing.

“Unnie……”.

“Well you sounds happy so I take everything is okay between you both”.

“Yes unnie.It went great.Thank you for your advice taeyeon unnie”.

“I didn’t do anything Am.Its all both of you okay?.I just called to ask you this. I get to go.See you soon”.

“Bye unnie”.

After almost an hour,I finish my lunch and went to wake Soojung up.

“Soojung ah,get up.Lunch is ready”.She slowly look at me.

“Heyyyyyyyy”.I laugh at her antics.

“hey to you too.Come on,get up”.After cooing her for almost 10 minutes.Instead of sitting on the chair,she sat on my lap.

“Ouch.hey you are heavy”.I mocked offense.

“Liarrrr……now lets eat”.Thats how we eat our lunch.Joking around and sharing kisses here and there.I’m just glad that everything is settled between us.

“So now that is lunch is served princess.Where is my present?”.I asked her.

“Actually I have a great present that no one can give you…”.She whispered in my ear.

“Really”.

“Yeah come on”.She drag me to the room and close the door behind us.