17. Suffering

Switch Rivals

On Sechskies' side, the rest of them never noticed anything strange about "Jaeduck" and Suwon. They thought that they were just hanging out without them. The following week, the CEO decided that they should do a charity concert.

"Why a concert so suddenly?" (Jiwon)

"It's a way to get more attraction than H.O.T. You want that, right?" (CEO)

"Well, yes." (Sunghoon)

Tony gulped. That didn't sound good. Not with the charity part but with the surpassing H.O.T part. That's going to be difficult. Then he has a plan. He and Suwon went to SM secretly to tell H.O.T about his plan.

"So, you want Jaeduck to go on stage?" (Heejun)

"Yes. On the last song, which will be 'Couple', they will see that they've been treating him badly." (Tony)

"Are you sure, hyung?" (Jaeduck)

"I'm sure. It's going to be worth it." (Tony)

 

It was the day of the charity concert. Sechskies were performing and H.O.T were in disguise in the back of the audience seats. It was time for the plan. They went backstage and switched Tony and Jaeduck's clothes.

"Now it's time for the closing performance. Here is 'Couple'." (Jiwon)

Everyone cheered. It sounded like this is their favorite song. Jaeduck didn't hold onto a microphone because he didn't have any singing parts. As they were half way through performing, he broke down into tears and collapsed.

"Hyung!" Suwon went to him.

The others didn't notice anything and they went backstage to H.O.T. 

"I'm sorry. I couldn't help it." (Jaeduck)

"It's okay. It's all part of the plan." (Tony)

The song ended. Sechskies were expecting cheers but got backlash instead.

"Didn't you see Jaeduck oppa was suffering?!"

"What kind of people are you?!"

"Are you even friends?!"

There were all kinds of bad stuff said to them. Then they realized that "Jaeduck" and Suwon aren't here.

"When did they..." (Jiyong)

"I don't know." (Jaijin)

"So, getting them backlash was the plan?" (Woohyuk)

"Kind of but not exactly." (Tony)

They left the arena and went back to the house.

 

The merchant was working on the reverse potion and was ready.

"Are you two ready for this?" (Merchant)

"Yes."

"Now, it only lasts a few days so I don't know when you will switch again." (Merchant)

"It's alright. We get to be ourselves again." (Tony)

"Yeah..." (Jaeduck)

"You okay?" (Tony)

"Oh... Sure..." (Jaeduck)

"Okay then. Here goes nothing." (Merchant)

He throws the vial and a cloud of smoke appeared. After the smoke cleared, Tony and Jaeduck were back to their normal selves.

"It worked." (Tony)

"It did." (Jaeduck)

"Now things can be normal for a while." (Kangta)

"That's great, isn't it?" (Jaewon)

"Oh... Yeah... Sure." Jaeduck's voice was kind of shaky. Tony was worried that the plan might backfire on him.

 

The next day, the news of Jaeduck breaking down at the concert made headlines. "Sechskies' Kim Jaeduck collapsed at a concert. Only member Jang Suwon helped him up. Why didn't they others do so as well? Currently, Sechskies and the company are receiving tons of backlash for allegations of mistreatment."

"This was not part of the plan." (Tony)

"What was the plan?" (Heejun)

"The plan was to let them see that they're mistreating him. I didn't expect allegations would get involved." (Tony)

He didn't expect anything except Sechskies realizing their mistake. What's going to happen now?