19. I want to protect you

Switch Rivals

A few weeks passed since the annoucement. Jaeduck was relieving his stress and anxiety throughout that time and H.O.T and Suwon were there to support him. One day, he and Tony were out shopping. They were wearing disguises to they won't be recognized in public.

"So, what else do we need?" (Jaeduck)

"A few books and maganizes will do." (Tony)

They were on their way to the store but then bumped into a teenage girl.

"Oh... I'm sorry." (Tony)

"No, it's... Wait... Tony oppa!" 

That was not good. She was an H.O.T fan. As soon as she shouted his name, the girls around them started to run towards them.

"Look!"

"It's really him!"

"Run for it!" (Jaeduck)

Jaeduck pulls his arm and they run for their lives. They ran so much that they couldn't catch their breath. As soon as they thought they lost them, Jaeduck realized he lost his hat.

"Look! It's Jaeduck oppa!"

"Wait, really?"

This time it was Sechskies fans that were chasing them. Then the two fandoms meet again.

"What are you doing here?"

"We were chasing Tony oppa."

"Tony An? He's not here. We were chasing Jaeduck oppa."

"Wait."

"You don't think..."

Both fandoms chased them and as Tony and Jaeduck were running, they switched again. Still, they kept running.

"Go on. I'll distract them." (Tony)

"Hyung, no!" (Jaeduck)

"Hey. Sechskies fans. I'm over here." (Tony)

They split up and as they lost the fans, they met at the intersection and crossed the street. As they were crossing, the fans found them and tried to chase them again. Then, a car rushed in, even though it was a red light.

"WATCH OUT!" (Jaeduck)

Jaeduck covered for Tony and got hit by the car. Everyone around saw everything and called the police and 911. But Tony saw that his body was bleeding so much, he carried Jaeduck and went to the nearest hospital.

"Yes. How may we... Oh my god!" (Nurse)

"Please help him! It's urgent!" (Tony)

"Yes, sir. We're on it." (Nurse)

 

He registered him as An Seungho because that's his real name and no one (except Jaeduck, Suwon and H.O.T) knows his real name so fans can't find him. He called Suwon and H.O.T to tell them what happened and to come to the hospital.

"So, you were chased by fans?" (Heejun)

"From both fandoms?" (Kangta)

"And a car rushed in at a red light?" (Jaewon)

Tony couldn't answer by talking. He was so scared. Why did Jaeduck cover for him?

"You know, he said to me that he always wanted to protect you." (Suwon)

"Protect me?" (Tony)

"Since you were the one always protecting him, he wanted to do the same thing." (Suwon)

"But this is not what I wanted." (Tony)

"I know it is but it's going to be alright. The doctors said that he's alive and well." (Woohyuk)

"But when is he going to wake up?" (Tony)

That question can't be answered right now. It needs time to be answered.

 

The following day, the accident made headlines. "H.O.T's Tony An and Sechskies Kim Jaeduck were involved in another accident. This time they were hit by a car, drove by a drunk driver. The driver of the car was arrested for a D.U.I and it was reported that Kim took An to a hospital by himself."

That caught the attention of the remaining four Sechskies members.

"He was with Tony An again?!" (Jiwon)

"Hyung, let's not get too worked up." (Jaijin)

"Why?! He was with our rival again! Are you going to take Jaeduck's side?!" (Jiwon)

"Not with the part where he was with Tony An but yeah." (Jaijin)

"Why are you doing this?!" (Jiwon)

"Hyung. Maybe Suwon's right." (Sunghoon)

"Yeah. Maybe we have been mean to him all this time." (Jiyong)

"Not you too. Do I need to get your brains repaired?!" (Jiwon)

"No but think about it. We've been treating him so badly. And as a friend, well, former friend, I'm sure of that." (Jaijin)

"Fine! But I'm still not forgiving him for being with Tony An twice and taking a hiatus without my permission." (Jiwon)

Well. that went better than expected. Sechskies are finally realizing their mistakes. Now all they have to do is find Jaeduck and apologize to him. But he could be anywhere. Who do they need to see in order to find him?