Chapter 11

The Perfect Gift: Alternative Ending

Another year had come and gone fairly uneventfully. I was proud of our daughter for not causing trouble like most people her age. Needless to say, she wasn’t perfect and boy did she prove that to us on Halloween. We had discussed her plans with her, and she told us that all she wanted to do was stay home and watch a scary movie with Jonghyun and me, which was perfectly okay with the two of us. At first everything seemed okay until the clock hit about 9 and she decided to go to bed.

“Am I the only one who is more than suspicious of her early retirement to bed?” Jonghyun asked me.

“No, I am too, and since when did you start talking like that?!” I raised my eyebrow to emphasize my confusion.

“Since now. But really, since when did she go to bed this early?”

“Not since she was like fifteen,” I started to say while I got up and started to walk down the hall. “I’m checking on her.” I knocked on her door but when I got no answer, I pushed it open only to find it empty and the window wide open.

“Are you okay?” Jonghyun asked me as I came marching into the living room.

“NO!” I yelled. “Our daughter has snuck out!”

“She what?!” Jonghyun launched himself off the couch.

“She’s gone!” I was absolutely livid. “If she didn’t ask us if she could go somewhere then you and I both know that she’s up to no good!”

“Where the hell do you think you’re going?!” Jonghyun walked over to me as I pulled on a jacket and was reaching for my shoes.

“To find our daughter, where else would I be going?!”

“You know you won’t be able to find her.” Jonghyun pointed out. “She’s always been good at blending in.”

“She can’t be that good! She’s a white girl with brown hair and intense blue-green eyes. It shouldn’t be that hard to find her!”

“She’s also wearing a costume.”

“So?”

“It’s Halloween, Key.” Jonghyun pointed out.

“Fine,” I sighed, taking off the jacket and retreating to the couch, Jonghyun in tow. “But I’m not going to bed until she gets back.”

“Fine by me, I’ll wait with you.”

We waited for hours, both of us catching ourselves more than once nodding off. Thankfully, the screaming from the scary movies we were watching startled us enough to wake us up. Around 3 am we finally heard a car pull up and a muffled giggle outside the door accompanied by the jiggling of, what was undeniably, Hana’s house keys. Jonghyun and I turned off the tv which happened to be our only sense of light at the time, leaving the whole house in the dark.

“Bye~” Hana called out to the car in our driveway, as she walked into the house, closing the door. Finally, she took off her jacket and shoes, and tip-toed through the living room in an attempt not to make a noise. Little did she know, we had been waiting for her to return.

“Where the hell do you think you’re going?” I asked as she passed us, Jonghyun turning on a table lamp. The light wasn’t bright, but it was enough for her to see our faces.

“AH!” Hana screamed, obviously she wasn’t expecting us. Slowly, she turned to face us and what we saw did not please either of us. “Hey, Umma, Appa.” She bowed trying to be respectful, knowing full well that aegyo wasn’t going to work on us considering the circumstances.

“Don’t you bow to us,” Jonghyun glared at her. I knew that he wasn’t as angry as he was pretending, but he wanted her to know that, without question, sneaking out was not okay. “You are in so much trouble.” He told her.

“I love you?” Hana muttered.

“Are you drunk?!” I asked her, walking closer to her to get a better look at her face as she tried to hide herself from me. “Oh my god, you’re trashed!” I gasped as I took her chin in my hand, turning her face so I could see her flushed cheeks and dilated pupils.

“Am not!” She shouted, doing her best to glare at me.

“Go to your room, now! We will deal with you tomorrow when you’re sober.” I growled and she was more than happy to oblige.

“I’ll give her this: Hana is a really sober drunk.” Jonghyun said, once we got to our room.

“Your ‘precious baby’ comes home wasted and you compliment her drunk persona?!” I glared at him, crawling into bed.

“You know that’s not how I meant it.” Jonghyun sighed, pulling back the covers and crawling into bed next to me.

“Do you think she’ll try to sneak out again?” I asked suddenly worried.

“Key, considering the fact that she’s drunk and currently passed out in her bed, I think we’re okay.” Jonghyun whispered against my neck.

“I guess….” I sighed before going to sleep.

The next morning, I woke up early and after attempting to fall back asleep, I went to the kitchen to make breakfast. About fifteen minutes later, I was joined by a groggy Jonghyun.

“Hey,” He murmured into my neck, wrapping his arms around my waist as I made oatmeal. “What’s for breakfast?”

“Oatmeal,” I said causing Jonghyun to stick out his tongue at the mention of one of his least favorite American foods. “It’s easy on Hana’s stomach. She’s probably going to have a nasty hangover, all things considered.”

“Probably.” No sooner had the words left Jonghyun’s mouth, did Hana come into the kitchen.

“I think I need an aspirin or two...or ten.”Hana moaned to herself, unaware of our presence.
“Hell yeah, you’re going to need some aspirin.” I said, turning off the stove and pouring the oatmeal into three bowls. “And a lot of water.”

“Oh hey there,” Hana peaked at us under an eyelid. “What’s that?”

“Oatmeal for your hangover.” Jonghyun emphasized the last word.

“He he,” Hana laughed nervously. “I’m so dead aren’t I?”

“You have no idea.” Jonghyun whispered in her ear, loud enough for me to hear.

******************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

A/N:

Okay, considering I just updated not too long ago, I'm not going to leave a long author's note, mostly because I already caught you all up to date in the last chapter. But hey, that's what ya get when I double update, especially when it's 11pm and I'm exhausted. Not to mention, Bre isn't even adding any commentary because she opted for sleep instead of adding her sarcasm for everyone's amusement (her exact words were "I think they can live without my awesomeness for one chapter, Nikki.")

So, as always, I love everyone who comments, subscribes, upvotes, and reads! You guys are the best!

 

PICTA SPAM TIME (It's not gonna be long cause I'm freakin tired)

shinee_macro__uhmm___by_xrinnn-d4ufvsw.j5525191508_51ec23389f_o.jpgtumblr_mkq10zFpCL1qewsdfo3_r1_250.gif