Chapter 13

The Perfect Gift: Alternative Ending

A/N: So per request of Firevien, I decided to write a chapter dedicated to 2min when they found out their twins were drunk. This is in Taemin's POV

*********************************************************************************************************************

It was around three in the morning when I was awoken by a thump and then the sound of someone falling on the hardwood floors of our hallway. At first, I thought I was just dreaming but when the thump was followed by another thunk, I began to worry.

“Minho,” I nudged the sleeping giant next to me. “Wake up!”

“Umm,” Minho murmured into my neck, pulling me closer to my chest. “Taeminnie.”

“Minho!” I whispered, more urgently this time. “I think there’s a burglar in our house!”

“That’s nice, baby.” He muttered, clearly not comprehending what I was saying.

“MINHO!” I nudged him when I heard another loud thump, closer this time. “I seriously think there’s a burglar and I think they’re going into Sunhi’s room!”

“What?!” Minho finally woke up at the sound of his daughter’s name. He sprung out of bed, pulling on some pajama pants, before quietly opening our door. After a moment I began to get worried, so I decided to sneak down the hall after him.

“Hey, Taemin,” Minho finally emerged from Sunhi’s bedroom with a sleeping Jaeseop in his arms. “You’re not gonna believe this.”

“What?” I asked hesitantly.

“Our kids appear to be drunk.” Minho said, a hint of amusement in his eyes.

“They’re WHAT?!” I practically shrieked in horror, causing Jaeseop to mumble in his drunken sleep.

“Yup, both of them stink of alcohol.” Minho came closer to me “Here, smell him.” I leaned closer to my son and sure enough, he smelt like vodka and soju. It appears that my kids had a little too much fun.

“How did they end up like this?! They went to be at like nine!” I asked, following Minho down the hall to Jaeseop’s room, I was furious at this point.

“I have no clue,” Minho sighed, laying Jaeseop in his bed, turning him on his side just in case. “But my best guess is that they snuck out to go to a party.”

“No , Sherlock.” I growled, eyeing my drunken son before allowing Minho to drag me back to our room. “We are so going to talk in the morning.”

“Talking will probably be the last thing they’ll want to do tomorrow.” Minho laughed as we lay down in bed.

“I really don’t care.” I growled, scooting closer so her could put his arms around me.

“Sleep,” He told me, kissing me gently. “There’s nothing we can do right now, they’re passed out.” His statement caused me to sigh in disappointment. I had thought that I raised them better than this, but apparently not.

 

-The next morning-

I finally awoke with the sun hitting my face. I rolled over to find that Minho was just waking up too, which was perfect timing because I was going to need him to keep me somewhat calm when I went to see our children.

“Morning, baby.” He smiled at me, yawning.

“Hey,” I stretched before getting out of bed. “Ready for this?”

“As ready as I’ll ever be.” He laughed, following me into Jaeseop’s room, which was right across the hall. I opened the door roughly before going to shake my son awake.

“Ummaaa,” Jaeseop groaned, clearly the shaking was not helping his hangover. “Stooopppp.”

“No,” I said curtly. “Wake up.” I pulled the blinds open, allowing the light to hit him dead on which made him moan before yanking the covers above his head.

“Wake up.” Minho said, pulling the covers off his bed so Jaeseop couldn’t reach them. As soon as he had done this, I turned and walked a little further down the hall to Sunhi’s room.

“Wake up.” I called, opening the door a little too forcefully, causing it to slam loudly against the wall.

“Umma,” Sunhi groaned and clutched her head. “Please, not so loud.” She begged me.

“Why? What’s wrong?” I faked innocence.

“It hurts.” She replied in a whisper.

“What hurts?” Minho asked in a loud voice.

“OWW!” She whined, clutching her head. Just as I had done in Jaeseop’s room, I open the curtains and let her roll onto her other side, trying to avoid the sun. “Please, close the curtains!”

“Why? It’s just the sun.” I said.

“Please!” She said in a slightly louder voice.

“Why? Could it be that you’re hangover?!” Minho asked her.

“Crap,” Suhi said under her breath. “You found out.”

“Hell yeah we did.” I growled “And you two are in so  much trouble! Get your downstairs in five minutes or else.”

“Or else, what?” She asked, clearly debating whether or not she wanted to risk it.

“Well,” Minho answered for me. “The pans make very nice instruments when you hit them together or with a spoon.”

“I’ll be downstairs!” She said, making up her mind very quickly.

“Yeah, that’s what I thought.” Minho said. “You too, Jaeseop.” Minho called down the hall which received him a moan.

Five minutes later, our twins sat before us on the couch in the living room, clearly hungover. Sunhi’s hair was a mess and I wasn’t sure I wanted to know why and Jaeseop looked like he wanted to fall over dead, not that Sunhi looked any better off.

“So,” I began. “Where the hell were you last night?”

“A party?” Jaeseop replied for them. It wasn’t unusual for Jaeseop to reply for them, he had always done this since he was the oldest of the two and the more talkative one.

“Yeah, I figured that out.” I said, crossing my arms.
“Then why did you ask us?” Suhi mumbled, holding her head between her hands, closing her eyes.

“Just wanting to see if you were going to be stupid enough to lie to me.” I admitted with no shame. “Who were you with?”

Both of the twins shared brief exchanges before Sunhi replied with, “Just some friends.”

“Well, that rules out all the random strangers.” Minho said sarcastically. “Stop avoiding the question. Which friends did you go with?”

“Luhan hyung, Lay hyung, and Hana.” Jaeseop finally admitted.

“Oh, God,” I muttered. “Please tell me you don’t mean your cousin.” But I already knew the answer when the twins avoided eye contact, and hung their heads.

“Oh, .” MInho said under his breath. “Was she drunk too?”

“Maybe?” Sunhi said, continuing to avoid eye contact.

“Then that’s a yes.” I moaned. “Who took you to the party?”

“Well,” Jaeseop said trailing off for a moment before he saw my glare, causing him to continue. “She drove there but, Luhan-hyung drove back since he didn’t drink.”

Hana drove?!” I yelled causing the twins to flinch.

“Yeah,” Sunhi admitted. “But, it was Lay oppa’s car.” Before she finished her sentence, I was already dialing Key’s number. It rang twice before he answered.

 

“Hello?” Key’s hesitant voice came across the phone.

“KEY! DID YOU KNOW THAT HANA WAS DRUNK LAST NIGHT?!” I practically screamed into the phone as I walked into our dining room, allowing Minho to tell them their punishment.

“Yeah, we found her missing and stayed up until she came back. We just talked to her.” Key explained before I heard Jonghyun’s voice in the background, “Is that the gingerbread man? Are you trying to get his address?”  which was followed by Key saying, “No, it’s one very unhappy, Taemin.”

“It’s not funny!” I shouted into the phone, hearing soft laughter at my words. “YOU KNOW YOUR KID WAS THE ONE THAT DROVE RIGHT?!”

“No, but we’ll discuss that with her later. She’s already been punished.” Key replied, his voice sounded soft, as though he was holding the phone away from him.

“GOOD, BECAUSE I AM SO PISSED!” I yelled.

“Ya don’t say.” Key said sarcastically.
“UMMA, IT’S NOT FUNNY!”

“I’m sorry, you’re just cute when you’re pissed and we’re imaging how much hell you’re putting the twins through.”

“IT’S NOT FUNNY!” I repeated.

“Sorry, Taeminnie. Look, I gotta go deal with Hana. I’ll call you later, preferably after you’ve calmed down, okay?” Key said.
“Okay.” I said, hanging up the phone. Despite how angry I was, a part of me understood that although I was angry, this was kind of funny.

******************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

A/N:

I hope you liked this chapter! Like I said above, this was a chapter that was requested by the always wonderful, Firevien (E/N: *round of applause* Yay for awesome commenters!) and I'm going to admit that I'm glad that I got to write this because it was super fun to write. I loved getting to write a very pissed off Taemin because usually it's Key that's in diva mode and Taemin who's more relaxed so the role reversal was super fun. I'm not going to write a long note because I'm super busy today, but I'll try to have another chapter up tomorrow :) Hope you all have a great Sunday!

Thank you to everyone who reads/subscribes/upvotes/comments!

 

PICTA SPAM!!!!

tumblr_mjx1kqdW4z1ravdcxo1_500.giftumblr_mjx1kqdW4z1ravdcxo2_500.giftumblr_lkc0wxspAf1qeklh9.jpg

If you haven't watched this, YOU HAVE TO IT'S SO F-ING FUNNY OMG (Click on that sentence to be redirected :D)