Chapter 19

The Perfect Gift: Alternative Ending

We hadn’t even reached the front door before we heard a child’s voice shout, “They’re here, they’re here!” from inside the house. Both Jonghyun and I laughed as we reached the door and knocked.

“Do you remember when Hana used to be that way when your grandma would come visit?” Jonghyun laughed

“Yes,” I smiled back as the door opened, my daughter on the other side, her face lit up with a smile.

“Umma! Appa!” She said excitedly, pulling us into hugs.

“Hey, sweetheart!” Jonghyun replied, kissing her cheek. “How are you?”

“I’m good! The kids tire me out quickly though.” She laughed.

“Now you know how we felt.” I said with a wink.

“Yeah, I guess I do.”

“Halmoni! Halapoji!” Two excited voices cried, as two small bodies launched themselves at us simultaneously.

“He-Omph!” Jonghyun tried to say before being tackled to the ground by two very rambunctious boys.

“Halapoji!” One of the boys yelled as he gave him a kiss on the cheek.

“Hey, buddy!” Jonghyun laughed, standing up, one boy on each hip.

“Halmoni!” The boy on his right hip cried, his small hands in the air as he tried to get to me.

“Hey,” I said, pulling him into my arms. “Hows, my Jongin?!” I kissed his cheek, getting a laugh out of him.

“I’m good!” The youngest of the two boys, Jongin, replied happily. “Appa bought me a new Thomas the Train toy!”

“Hey did?!” I said, making my eyes wide.

“Yeah! Wanna see?”

“Of course I do! Why don’t you go grab it while I take off my shoes?” I suggested while putting him back down.

“Okay!” Jongin said before darting down the hall, to the playroom.

“Halapoji! Guess what!” The boy, still glued to Jonghyun’s hip said.

“Chicken !” Jonghyun laughed at his own joke while I rolled my eyes and Hana muttered a “Seriously, Appa?” under her breath.

“No!” The boy rolled his eyes dramatically. “I got a new CD, I wanna show you!” He announced.

“Go get it then,” Jonghyun put the boy down. Before our grandson’s feet even touched the ground he was running. When he did finally reach the ground he took off like a little rocket, almost slipping on the hardwood floors.

“Jongdae! Be careful, you’ll hurt yourself….again.” Hana called after him.

“Again?” I cocked my eyebrows.

“Yeah, a couple days ago he was running around after Jongin and managed to run straight into the glass door before he could stop. Seriously, they’re five and seven, I think they should be able to know that, if they wear socks around the house, the first thing that will happen if they run is, they will end up sliding into something. But no, they do it anyways.” Hana complained as we walked into their living room, sitting on the couch.

“Well first of all,” Jonghyun began. “They’re boys and they’re gonna do really stupid stuff. Nextly, they’re kids, running into stuff is what they do for fun. Cinco,”

“Oh my God, Jonghyun. How many times must I tell you that ‘cinco’ means five in Spanish!” I cut him off, scolding him again for the same mistake he’s made since we started dating all those years ago.

“I really don’t care, Bummie.” Jonghyun stuck his tongue out at me before continuing. “CInco, if I recall correctly, there was more than one time we had to pick you up, mid-run because you were about to hit something.”

“Alright, point taken.” Hana laughed as the two boys came barreling in.

“Look, Halapoji!” Jongdae yelled as he first came in. “My new CD!”

“Wow,” Jonghyun said, overexcitedly as he picked up Jongdae. “Who’s that?”

“They’re called Su-sup-” Jongdae stuttered, using his finger to try to read the name.

“Super Junior?” Jonghyun helped him.

“Yeah! They have this song, called…” Jongdae tried to read the name again.

“Mr.Simple.” Jonghyun helped him again.

“Yeah! Umma says it’s a special song!” Jongdae looked up at him and pouted. “I don’t know why though.”

“Well,” I said. “Your grandpa helped write that song for them.”

“Wow! Really?” Jongdae’s eyes became saucers as he looked from the CD to Jonghyun.

“Yes, really!” Jonghyun winked at him.

“Wow!” Jongdae’s mind was officially blown.

“Halmoni!” Jongin said, crawling into my lap. “Look at my train!”

“Wow it’s so cool!” I smiled at him.

“Yeah! It’s read, my favorite color!”

“Oh, red is your favorite color now?” I said, looking at Hana who just shrugged. “I thought it was green?”

“Nooo, I like red now!” Jongin exclaimed.

“Well, I’ll have to remember that then.” I laughed at my grandson’s ever changing color preference.

“Boys,” Hana said getting their attention. “Why don’t you go put your toys away and wash your hands, it’s dinner time.”

“Okay!” They shouted in unison, rushing down the hall.

“YA! I said no-” Hana was cut off by a thump and an, “Ow!” from Jongdae.

“...Running…” She finished her sentence.

“Wow, they really are just like you…” Jonghyun laughed, patting her shoulder.

“Ya!” She glared at him. “ I was not that bad!”

“Mhm.” Jonghyun teased.

 

Soon enough, they boys we back and Yixing had walked in the door, pulling them into his arms and kissing the tops of their heads before kissing Hana. He smiled and hugged both of us, before helping Hana set the dinner table. It was a relief that all these years later, he was still good to her. They fought, and often Hana would call us asking for advice, but they always made up. It was nice to know that someone was there to take care of our daughter when we weren’t going to be able to. Jonghyun and I had no plans of dying anytime soon but, we weren’t going to live forever. Truth was, we weren’t young anymore, and we weren’t always going to be here and we wanted to know that our daughter and grandchildren were going to be in good hands.

 

Dinner was great, we could tell that Hana had really tried to make good food and that didn’t go unpraised. The children insisted on sitting next to me and Jonghyun in their booster seats. They ate happily and half of their food ended up being displayed on their faces. Before long, Hana and Yixing ushered them upstairs and to bed before joining us for soju. It was a relaxing evening shared with laughs and silly stories. I couldn’t help but think to myself at one point that this was how it was supposed to be. Though families fought, they always came back to each other, they always loved one another and didn’t give up. You didn’t always have to be blood related in order to be family, and our family was the prime example.

 

Here we sat, in the cozy living room of our daughter. She looked nothing like us yet, she was our entire world. When we couldn’t have children, we had looked desperately for a child who needed us as much as we needed them, only to meet one disappointment after another. But somehow, by some miracle straight from God himself, our dreams had finally come true. Someone had finally believed enough in us to give us the most amazing gift-a daughter. We put our whole hearts and souls into her and she turned into the most amazing woman we had ever met.

 

 

To us, she was the most amazing thing in the world, she literally, was the perfect gift.

**************************************************************************************************************************************************

A/N:

HELLLOOOOOO!!!!!! Sorry for the long wait (well, for our stories at least) we got busy with...life (E/N: I got busy with life. Running a school society isn't all cake, rainbows, unicorns, and fairy dust. It's freakin hard work -_-). Please for give us *bows*! So this chapter, a lot happened even though it didn't seem like it. We learned that Hana has two sons, Jondae and Jongin (E/N: And Lay is the father. Hehe see what we did there? Lay, Luhan, Kai, and Chen hehe......omg what is happening to me?! 0.o) . Chen is a total spazz and always running into stuff, Hana is acting a lot like Key cause she's always scolding them, and Key reflects on....life. It was really strange to write this chapter knowing that this is the last "official" chapter. Bre is in the middle of writing the epologue and it's actually really good but we don't know whether or not to post it (E/N: POLL TIME~) so let us know. It's really sweet and yet again, she pulls on everyone's hearts. It's kinda long but worth it, but you are the readers so let us know! But I will say that if you liked the last story then you'll like the epologue (E/N: *rolls eyes* it's way different than the ending of the last story but I tried to make it as moving as I possibly could :D ). If you want to read it, then we will upload it tomorrow! We will start the next story soon, but I have a few tests coming up, so it may not be right away. But I promise that the next story will be up by the end of this week. It's always hard to mark a story as complete but technically, it is complete.

 

We'd like to say a BIG thank you to everyone who has stuck by us throughout, not only this story, but the last one too. I know we say this  A LOT (E/N: Yeah, we really do....) but we really do mean it; THANK YOU SO MUCH WE LOVE EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU (E/N: Hence, the reason we respond to literally, every single one of your comments. We even are having full on, really extensive, conversations with a lot of you). You guys really are the best! We hope to see you at our next story!!!! Don't forget to comment and tell us what you thought about the story (E/N: Oh I'll tell you what I thought right now..it was so much fluff it's like clouds are floating around me, it's a whole 180 from what happened in the last story-but in a good way. I liked reading-yes, I do read it, seeing as I have to edit it- the story, and I thought of it from the perspective, that this is more like a side story than it is a different ending. Anyone agree or is it just me?)

PICTA SPAM TIME!!!!!!!!

 

What Bre and I looked like when she finished editing and posted this on AFF:

tumblr_static_babes.giftumblr_mhpmwlpAWh1ryyfgfo1_400.giftumblr_ml7hys49ZG1snmzsuo3_500.giftumblr_ml7iaghwl41snmxkso9_400.gif

 

How we feel about you guys!

tumblr_ml27dgDbtK1snmzsuo4_500.giftumblr_mlmlctUbbj1snmzsuo2_500.giftumblr_ml3yt6RXiB1snmxkso4_500.gif

tumblr_mlmjzpJqty1snmzsuo7_250.gifWe just love you all so much!

tumblr_ml3yt6RXiB1snmxkso9_400.gif

How we feel about ending the whole The Perfect Gift  series (E/N: It's pretty much is a series now lol)

tumblr_mlu33lbXEP1snmxkso3_500.giftumblr_ml271iBsiq1snmzsuo2_250.giftumblr_ml7hoaj4mB1snmzsuo1_500.gif

 

How I (Bre) feel about my life right now,I mean, it can't get anymore complicated than it already is... (And, no life, that is NOT a challenge, that is a statement!)

tumblr_ml8uawUvJE1snmxkso4_250.giftumblr_ml55meyQI01snmxkso10_400.giftumblr_ml8u1al7ZM1snmxkso1_400.gif

Alright guys, I guess this is it...for now (E/N: God, Nikki, you're such a creep...). We will be back with more stories soon, so look forward to it (E/N: We may or may not be working on two side stories for our The Perfect Gift  series at the moment *hint hint* *wink wink*...oops, did I give too much away?tumblr_mlvy7xvTD41snmxkso2_500.gif) !

Alrighty then, don't forget to vote in the poll!!!!

 

 

 

Disclaimer: The following picture spams are done by the editor (that's meee!) and not Nikki. She wants me to say that....

tumblr_ml7gp1CLBp1snmxkso7_500.giftumblr_ml8wjwNCUH1snmxkso1_250.gif

See you all soooooonnnnnnn

tumblr_ml7hoaj4mB1snmzsuo10_500.gif