Chapter 3

The Perfect Gift: Alternative Ending

Waking up the next morning was the best morning of my life. I woke up around eight and for the very first time my daughter wasn’t awake before me. I looked over to find my husband sprawled across the bed, Hana’s head on his chest. I chuckled to myself and made no effort to move, content with watching them for a short while. After about ten minutes or so I gently moved out of the bed and made my way down the hall, making sure not to disturb them.

 

It was nice to get a chance to make breakfast for my family after thinking I had lost them. I watched as the squirrels chase each other around the trees and the birds tweet peacefully. I had just finished making pancakes and kimchi when I heard a sleepy yawn from behind me.

“Good morning!” I told them brightly in English.

“Morning, yeobo.” Jonghyun yawned as I turned around.

“What in the world.” I laughed at the sight before me. My crazy husband had our daughter slung over his shoulder who was too sleepy to protest.

“Hi, Umma!” She mustered, her eyes half open.

“Hi baby!” I replied. “Jonghyun! Put her down she has legs, she can walk!”

“But she’s my prisoner!” He joked around.

“Since when?!” Hana yelled jokingly. Both of us raised our eyebrows, she typically didn’t say stuff like that. Our daughter was notoriously relaxed and happy-go-lucky.

“Well,” Jonghyun said. “It appears your daughter has inherited your diva gene, Kim Kibum.”

“Oh, shut up and put her down you crazy dinosaur!” I stuck my tongue out at him.

“As you wish, master.” Jonghyun winked at me causing me to roll my eyes.

 

We spent the rest of our day lazing around, playing whatever game Hana wanted to play. Most of her games resulted in Jonghyun crossdressing, something he’d happily do only for his daughter. It was always so funny to me that this “manly man” of a husband turned into a pile of goo when his daughter opened . He would fulfill nearly every single one of her requests (unless they were going against the rules) with a smile on his face. More than once would I find him playing tea party with her and her stuffed animals, almost more into it than she was.

 

“Umma!” I heard my daughter call out to me while I finished switching the laundry from the washer to the dryer.

“What is it?” I called back hitting the “start” button.

“Appa’s trying to cook again!”

“WHAT?!” I raced into my kitchen. Sure enough, Jonghyun had the oven and was in the act of putting the cookies we had just made into the oven. “Jonghyun, you aren’t really going to try to bake those right?”

“Yeah, why?” He asked closing the oven door.

“Because the heat is set to 240.”

“...and?”

And what temperature do you think we should make cookies at?”

“Um, 240?”

“No! 350 you babo.”

“Oh…” He just looked at the oven and then tried his best to change the temperature discretely.

“You’d starve if I wasn’t here.”

“Well then teach me to cook!”
“Oh NO!” My daughter butted in. “Umma, I’ll get food death!”

“I think you mean ‘food poisoning’ sweetie.” I laughed at her cute mistake.

“I’ll get food poisoning!” She revised her sentence.

“Ya! I can’t be that bad!” Jonghyun shouted at us.

“Ehhh…” I teased.

“Appa, I love you, but yes, yes you are.” She said, her face completely serious, making Joghyun and I burst into laughter.

**************************************************************************************************************************************************

A/N:

Yay I posted this chapter! It just took me waaayyyy longer than normal but that is not my fault this time (E/N: I HAVE A DELL GODDAMMIT!)!!! But it's finally up!!! So this is just another fluff chapter before I start to speed up time! Hopefully the next chapter will be up tonight (it's not tomorrow where our lovely editor lives) if not early Friday morning. We're struggling because of Bre's computer right now, it's got it's own agenda apparently (E/N: IT'S.A.DELL.) so we have to work around it's agenda. But we should be okay because she just got it looked at so we'll see.

Like I said, this is just a fluff chapter. My favorite parts of this chapter were the part about her having legs and when she tell Jonghyun he's a y chef and that Key should just stick to cooking. I decided that since she's a kid, she should have a few speech mistakes (E/N: My brother used to say "herichopter" for like EVER because my mom didn't have the heart to tell him that's not how you say it and Nikki's brother called lemon's "moons").

So anyway, it's late and I have to go to bed if I want to have any hopes of getting any sleep tonight (E/N: I....you.....no comment 0.o).

As always, thank you to all my lovely subscibers, commenters, and readers! You're the best!!!!!!!!!

 

PICTA SPAMMAGE (E/N: NOT A WORD OMG)

6946_531130946897603_936694528_n.jpg

tumblr_lxoxj4pG5P1qbr4gdo1_500.gif

tumblr_lndp5f6jVk1qcimblo1_500.gif that last one......

tmsh2202.jpg

tumblr_md463hXb5y1r2q2v5o1_1280.jpgE/N: TOTALLY unrelated but I LOVE that necklace!