Chapter 18

The Perfect Gift: Alternative Ending

“Kibum, calm down, there’s nothing we can do right now.” Jonghyun told me from the chair he was sitting in.

“How can I be calm at this moment, how can you be calm right now, our baby is hurting!” I practically yelled at him.

“I know, trust me, it isn’t easy for me to be calm either. But like I said, there’s nothing we can do right now.Come here and sit with me, I feel lonely by myself.” Jonghyun tried to smile, but I could see the worry in his eyes.

‘Fine,” I grumbled. “Stupid dinosaur, being all calm and when our daughter is  hurting…”

“What was that?” Jonghyun asked me as I sat in his lap.

“Nothing,”

“Didn’t sound like nothing. In fact, I think I heard you say something about a stupid dinosaur.”

“Whatever you say, yeobo.”

“Am I a stupid dinosaur?”

“Why do you ask, stupid dinosaur?” I grinned at him, teasing him was more fun than I could’ve imagined.

“That’s it!” Jonghyun suddenly started to tickle me, causing me to start laughing and squirm in my seat. It was a nice distraction from what was happening.

-Flashback-

It was nice September day and everyone was gathered at my house to celebrate my birthday. At the current moment, Jiyong and T.O.P were having some sort of rap battle, Seungri was spilling Big Bang’s deepest secrets to Yixing while Taeyang was trying desperately to shut him up, Sodam and Jonghyun were, as usual, fussing about something, Taemin, Minho, and Hana were having some secret discussion and Daesung was crack jokes and making the twins laugh. Suddenly, Taemin squealed his very girly squealed and hugged Hana furiously, making Minho laugh, Seungri stop talking (much to Taeyang’s relief), Sodam and Jonghyun stopped arguing to look at them, Sodam smiling knowingly, Daesung cocked his eyebrows, and the twins just rolled their eyes.

“What’s going on?” I asked, walking into the room.

“Nothing!” Taemin shouted quickly making me raise my eyebrows.

“Present time!” Sodam shouted before I could say anything.

“Open ours first!” Daesung ordered me, bouncing up and down in excitement. I laughed and grabbed the present that was wrapped in orange paper that had kittens on it, I raised my eyebrows at them before opening it immediately. Inside was a gold watch that not only displayed the time, but also the date and month. I smiled happily since my old watch had broken a few weeks earlier.

“Thank you!” I smiled widely at them getting a nod from them.

“Umma, open mine next!” Taemin ed a gift in my hands. I ripped off the pink wrapping paper, making a mental note to tease them later about the color, and smiled as I saw new earrings in the shape of gold and diamond zippers.

“Wow guys, this is amazing! Thank you!” I hugged them both.

“Here!” Sodam laugghed giving me her gift. This particular gift was wrapped in bunnies and I wondered what in the world was with my family and their bizarre wrapping paper choices. I looked down in the box confused.

“Um, Sodam?” I looked at her.

“Yes?”

“Why is there a teddy bear?”

“I thought you might get bored when Jonghyun is gone and need snuggles.” She laughed.

“Okay?” I took out the teddy bear, it was cute and resembled the one we had given Hana for Christmas all those years ago.

“Now, open mine!” Hana shouted, giving me the bright pink and blue wrapped present. I smiled at her before opening it.

“What is with you people?” I looked up at them. “Why are their baby-OH MY GOD!”

“SURPRISE!” Hana and Yixing shouted at me and Jonghyun.

“NO WAY!” I screamed, gift forgotten, running to them.

“I’m so confused, what is going on?” Jonghyun looked at us.

“You really are dense, aren’t you?” Minho asked him.

“YA!”

“Look at the gift again, pabo!” Taemin shouted, smacking him upside the head. Finally, realization came across Jonghyun as he shot up like a rocket and ran to join in my and Hana’s group hug.

“When are you due?!” I asked her, excitedly.

“May.” She beamed at us. I couldn’t believe it, I was going to be a grandparent!

“Yixing!” Jonghyun shouted in my ear. I jumped up so quickly that I got a slight headrush but continued to run to his side anyway, Jonghyun right behind me.

“So?” I pried, looking him the eyes.

“..So,” He began, Jonghyun moving his hands, prompting him to continue. “It’s a boy!”

**************************************************************************************************************************************************

A/N:

Hi everyone! Sorry it took us so long to update, Bre took her good sweet time to getting around to editing this chapter(E/N: Hold up, I had to get a bunch of paperwork done! Not my fault!) but it's up! Sorry about the lame filler thing, we just wanted to upload something because we always update everyday so it felt weird not updating yesterday. Like, really weird! But no one actually guessed correctly on the bonus stuff (E/N: I even gave you guys hints OTL) So, for the answers:

1. What is Bre's favorite feature about herself?

   A: My eyes :) I said it's the feature that Key talks about the most on Hana.

2. Who is Bre's bias in SHINee?

   A:Key, I love that diva!

Anyway, we'll see if I can't do that double update tonight but I think Bre is kinda busy with whatever she's doing right now so we'll see (E/N: So much paperwork). Sorry for the short note, Bre passed her sick to me when I visited her over Halloween (E/N: Soooorrrrryyyyyy OTL )

As always, thank you to all our readers/subscribers/commenters/ upvoters! You guys rock, we love to talk to you, and you make our days whenever we see "new story comments" when we log in! I always get warm fuzzies inside (E/N: And seriously, 1,400+ views?! I'm gone for THREE DAYS and you guys come flying out of the woodwork! Man, you guys are DEDICATED! And also, thank you to whoever suggest The Perfect Gift for a JongKey rec list! That was awesome of you!)

 

PICTA SPAM

OMG MINHO, JJONG, AND TAEMIN MAKE ME LOL SO MUCH

...ugh math....

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lz2zhaZOD61r5o1un.gif I ADORE THIS DANCE OMG

E/N: I wanna know where Taemin's other hand is (sorry, I had to go there) and I see a massive HIGH FIVE FAIL in Minho's future.