Chapter 17

The Perfect Gift: Alternative Ending

Five years had come and gone in the blink of an eye. Hana had gotten her degree in education, successfully convinced Jonghyun that she should be allowed to have her own car, and fallen even more in love with Yixing. It surprised everyone that they stayed together for so long. We all had thought that by now they would’ve broken up but here I stood listening to my daughter freak out behind a curtain.

“Hana, come on, it’s about to start!” I urged her, she had been in the changing room for half an hour.

“Umma, I gained weight! I’m..I’m not ready!” She responded, her voice hitching.  

“No you haven’t, if anything you’ve lost weight and that worries me. And you’re more than ready, come out now, baby.”

“What is going on?” Jonghyun asked me, his eyebrows furrowed. “It’s about to start!”

“I know, but she won’t come out!” I sighed in defeat. “I don’t know what to do.”

“Hold on.” Jonghyun replied. Before I could ask what he was up to, Jonghyun marched around the curtain and I heard Hana shriek “APPA!” before he came back around the curtain, our daughter in tow.

“LET ME GO!” She clawed at his wrist.

“Not a chance, baby girl.” He looked over at her, coming to a halt in front of me.

“Appa, I can’t do this!” She cried stubbornly.

“The hell you can’t!” He replied just as stubbornly. Of all the traits she could’ve learned from him, this was the one he chose to imprint upon her. “We already paid so you’re going to go out there and get yourself a husband!”

“Hana, you’ve been excited about this for months.” I smiled gently at her as I walked up to her and cupped her cheek.

“But, I’m not ready!” She repeated.

“Of course you are,” I smiled at her. “If you weren’t, then trust me, your Appa wouldn’t have allowed you to get married, let alone be the one dragging you to the alter.”

“Damn straight!” Jonghyun pipped in, earning him with a glare from both of us. “You know, it’s really scary how similar your glares are.”

“....So as I was saying,” I ignored his comment. “You’re more than ready for this. I promise, sweetheart.”

“Alright,” Hana finally gave in after a long sigh. “Let’s go, I’m ready.”

“I love you, princess.” Jonghyun smiled at her, kissing her forehead.

“Love you too, Appa.”

The wedding went by in a blur, Hana was walked down the aisle by Jonghyun, and I tried my best not to cry the entire ceremony which resulted in constant sniffles from me and a very amused dinosaur.

Everyone who had seen her in her dress before (and during of course) swore up and down that she was the most beautiful bride in the world, and Yixing was no exception. Jonghyun snorted as he sat down, watching as Yixing attempted to compose himself as he looked at her in her dress. Jonghyun smiled triumphantly, he had insisted for the eight months that they were engaged that his daughter was going to be the most beautiful bride that has ever existed. Of course, Hana took the opportunity to bring up the first date incident which got a good laugh out of all of us. However, when she tried on that dress, it was absolutely gorgeous.

-Flashback-

“I like this one,” Hana’s voice called out to us from inside the changing room.

“Well,” I responded. “Aren’t you going to show us then?”

“Hold on,” Hana said before she opened the door and stepped out to show off a straight cut wedding dress. It had a blue sash and some lace flowers across the chest but it wasn’t anywhere near as beautiful as Jonghyun and I had imagined she’d chose for her dress.

“It’s pretty, baby.” Jonghyun told her honestly.

“Yeah, but I don’t think it’s right.” She sighed going back to the fitting room to try on another dress.

“Twenty bucks says your daughter is going to choose something poofy and pink.” Taemin smirked at us as he challenged Jonghyun.

“Nah, I’m betting she’s going for something with a lot of lace.” Sodam chimed in.

“You’re both wrong,” I said. “She’s going to choose something silky and not complicated.”

“I’m going with Taemin on this one.” My mother chimed in, surprising all of us.

“Thanks mom.” I jokingly muttered.

“I’m going with Sodam.” Yoona, her best friend and maid of honor said.

“I’m with Taemin.” Minho said.

“Of course you are, he’s your husband.” Sodam poked at him.

“That’s not the reason!” Minho shot back.

“Whatever gets you laid, Minho.” Sodam said in an uninterested voice, making everyone laugh and Taemin blush furiously.

“YA!” Minho shouted, then laughed. “A man’s gotta do, what a man’s gotta do. It’s a tough world out there, Sodam.”

“I wouldn’t know.” She laughed.

WHAT?!” Jonghyun shouted, going into over-protective-brother-mode.

“Oh calm your , baby dino.”

“Um,” Jiyong finally joined in. “He doesn’t have s, I think that would cause some serious issues for him and Kibummie if he did…” We all laughed at this.

“You’re all wrong!” Jonghun announced animatedly, getting us all back on topic. “Hana is going to choose a fitted ‘B’ style dress, that’s simple, but has some details in it that will have some sort of sparkle to them.”

“I think you mean ‘A’ style, yeobo.” I laughed.

“Whatever, it’s still a letter.” He laughed back.

Just then Hana came out of the changing room. She was wearing a dress that surprised all of us because she hadn’t tried on any dresses similar to the one she was wearing. It was an empire waist dress that was silky and flowed beautifully down her body, gathering in a pool at her feet. The bodice was a sweetheart cut and had crystals that created swirls across the top while more crystals created an upside down “V” right under her ribs. She looked stunning and without a doubt it was “the dress”, anyone could see that. I looked over at my husband, and smiled at his expression. He was awed by how beautiful she looked but that didn’t stop him from smirking. For once, he actually won a bet against me that pertained to our daughter and fashion.

“I-I” Hana cried with a smile on her face. “This one is the one.”

“I thought so,” Jonghyun got up to hug her which I was quick to join.

“Go change, we’ll buy the dress.” I said.

“Thank you, Umma, thank you, Appa.” She kissed both of us.

“Of course.” I told her, watching her retreat back into the changing room.

As soon as she closed the door, Jonghyun spin slowly on his heels to face everyone, a lopsided grin plastered to his face.

“So, about that bet….” He smiled as he held out his hand and motioned for them to give him money. “Pay up, es.” Everyone sighed as they pulled out their wallets.

“Fine you win.”Jiyong laughed, as he placed a twenty in Jonghyun’s open hand.

“I can’t believe you actually won.” Taemin said as he shook his head.

“Do I have to pay, since Taemin is also paying?” Minho asked, trying to wiggle his way out of paying.

“Of course,” Jonghyun rolled his eyes as Minho sighed and placed a twenty in his hand. “Let’s go, Noona.”

“Fine.” She muttered as she paid up. “I still can’t believe Key lost to you though.”

“Hey! I know my daughter better than people give me credit for!” Jonghyun pouted before putting the money in his wallet. “And now I’m sixty buck richer!”

“I think you mean ‘we are sixty bucks richer’.” I pointed out.

“Shut up, you’re ruining my moment.” Jonghyun stuck his tongue out at me.

“I do.” Hana’s cracked voice brought me back to real life. I smiled as a lone tear escaped from the corner of my eye and Jonghyun’s hand squeezed mine.

“I now pronounce you husband and wife,” The pastor announced. “You may kiss your bride!”  

Everyone stood up and cheered while Yixing leaned in and captured our daughter’s lips and I looked over to watch a few tears snake their way down Jonghyun’s proud face. I suddenly remembered my mother’s words when she once told me that I should capture every moment because, before I knew it, Hana would be getting married and starting her own family. And it was in that moment that I was never more thankful for all the videos and pictures I had taken, in an attempt to capture every precious moment.  

**************************************************************************************************************************************************

A/N:

Yay so far I've done a good job of updating everyday, even without Bre (who is an emotional wreck right now :( )! I'm actually proud of this chapter because I was like soooo engrossed in it that it was like at 15 page story and half of it was pointless. I could just imagine Bre's response to that haha, she'd probably call me up and verbally abuse me haha (not really, but she wouldn't be that happy when she saw the length). But, I cut this down to 5 pages of just FLUFF. Sooo much FLUFF was in this chapter. And I finally allowed Jonghyun to win against everyone since I felt bad that he was losing to everyone else. Aren't I a good person :D

So, moving on, the poll is very interesting. I wasn't sure what you guys were going to say but as of right now, it's a tie between "yes" and "maybe". I was surprised about that because yesterday evening it was an almost 50/50 tie between "maybe" and "no". So if you haven't voted then go vote and if it lets you vote again (idk if it lets you vote again or not, I've never done a poll) then you can go vote again. I appreciate the feedback/ suggestions on what I should do to make the possible story better based off the tiny summary I put up, they are really nice and I love getting to hear what you think :)

As always, thank you to all our readers/subscibers/upvoters/ and commenters! I've reached over 1,300 view on this story and 2,000 on my other one. Seriously, WHERE ARE ALL OF YOU COMING FROM?! Omg, I'm moving up in the world :D! I also found out that someone suggested that the first story be on a Jongkey rec list?! LIKE WHAT?! Omg, you guys are the best! I, well WE, love you all!!!

 

PICTA SPAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.8weddingdresses.com/images/WeddingDresses/empire_waist_sweetheart_sweepbrush_train_chiffon_beading_sequins_wedding_dress.jpgHana's dress (It took me forever to find a dress that fit my description!)

BFbpoPECEAI821b.jpg:large AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

fanart-ontae-shinee-20283665-500-335.jpg AWWW ONTAE IS LIKE CUTENESS OVERLOAD!

going_crazy_for_you_jongkey_by_aligirl8-AWWWWWWWWWWWWW

hqdefault.jpg This isnt even that cute, I'm just amused with the fact that Obama has managed to work his way into their little Jongkey moment (yellow bar under the subs)

tumblr_mq8ltwn4sl1rl8ttqo2_500.jpgahahahaha laughing so hard!

get_married_by_ko_min_jk-d365778.jpg HAHAHA PLEASE DO!

key_wanted_jongkey_fanfics_by_luvyahatey