Chapter 14

The Perfect Gift: Alternative Ending

A year had come and gone since our daughter had snuck out and gotten drunk. Though Taemin had freaked out for a good two days or so everyone, including Minho, had found it extremely entertaining. Needless to say, the twins didn’t find it that funny but that was because Taemin put them through hell to make sure they never did that again, which they didn’t. I think he scared them from ever wanting to even the outside of a beer bottle.

 

It was a few days after Halloween and Hana had announced to me that she had gotten asked on a date. Thrilled I immediately told her she could go as long as she promised to let me know where she was at all times. She of course, agreed to my terms and happily bounded up the stairs to get ready.

“Where’s she off to in such a hurry?” Jonghyun asked, walking into the living room and plopped down next to me.

“She’s going on a date.” I told him with a smile.

“A what?” His eyes narrowed a little.

“Yes, your baby girl is going on a date.” I suddenly had the urge to . “Therefore, she will fall madly in love with the mystery boy and he will replace you as number one in her heart forever!” I said over dramatically, admittedly I wasn’t being very nice but the opportunity was far too good.

“HANA!” Jonghyun sprung up off the couch, nearly knocking me to the floor in the process.

“Yes, Appa?” Hana’s voice said as she ran down the hall. “What’s wrong?”

“You’re going on a da-” Jonghyun’s words were cut off when Hana came around the corner. She had out on her make-up carefully lining her eyes with black eyeliner and using her eye shadow to create a smoky look. Her hair was half curled, and she wore a black dress that went to her knees. She actually looked cute in my opinion, though I would’ve preferred her dress to be a bit longer. I knew that if I wished her dress was longer than Jonghyun was going to be anything but thrilled.

“What the hell are you wearing?!” He shouted going into over-protective-this-boy’s-going-to-my-princess-daddy-mode. He narrowed his eyes as he pointed at her dress.

“A dress?” She said, confused.

“I can see that! But I can also see you knees.”

“Yes?” I laughed inwardly at her response, knowing full well that Jonghyun was about to confiscate that dress.

“Change. Now.” He demanded.

“Why?” She cocked her head to the side, I knew that she was anything but stupid and that she was now just messing with him for our amusement.

“It’s waaayyyy too short!”

“What do you want me to wear? Skinny jeans are fine I guess, but I really like this dress…”

“No! No dress, no skinny jeans, no skirts, NO!”

“Appa!” She whined at him, sticking out her lower lip into a pout.

“NO!”

“What do you want me to wear then, a burlap sack?!”

“As long as it covers your neck and goes to your ankles, then yes, I want you to wear a burlap sack!”

“Umma, please tell Appa he’s being ridiculous!” She whined at me.

“Jonghyunie,” I wrapped my arms around his waist and rested my head against his shoulder. “You are going a bit overboard, yeobo.” I felt him relax a little under my touch.

“NO! I will not let her walk out of my house like that!”

“APPA!” She complained.

“Hana, he’s right though, the dress is a bit too short. However, it is cute and I can see why you’d wear it. But for now, change into some jeans and a nice shirt, hm?” I half suggested, half told her.

“Fine.” She huffed, turning around on her heels and marching down the hall to her room.

“Why would she ever wear something like that?!” Jonghyun complained, turning around to grab me by my waist.

“Because it’s a cute dress?” I raised one eyebrow at him.

“It’s too damn short!”

“It’s not that bad, I’ve seen a lot shorter.”

“Kibum, if you ever buy her something that’s shorter than that, I will divorce you.” He teasingly threatened me.

“I won’t, trust me. And  is our love not strong enough that it won’t be able to make it past one short dress, Jjong?” I pouted a little sad, earning me a gentle kiss.

“Yes it is.”

“Then why are you overreacting so much?”

“Because,” He muttered. “I refuse to allow our daughter to seduce every man in Korea.”

“Oh come on Jonghyun, she wouldn’t do that.”

“You never know…”He mumbled making me laugh.

“Faith, o’great puppy dog, faith.” I poked his chest and laughed.

“Yeah, whatever you say, yeobo.” He rolled his eyes at me. "By the way, who is she going on this magnificent date with?"

"No clue." I looked up at him.

"Your daughter tells you she's going on a date with someone, and you don't bother to ask her with whom she's going on a date with?" He questioned me and I shrugged in response.

"He's here! He's here!" Hana cried, excitedly, her curls bouncing as she sprinted to get her shoes and jacket.

"Who are you going with, by the way?" Jonghyun asked her as I opened the door. Once I had opened it, my eyes widened not expecting to see who was standing on our porch about to knock. "What's with the gorgeous face ther-" Jonghyun stopped midsentence, eyes wide, just like mine.

"YIXING?!" We both said, surprised.

**************************************************************************************************************************************************

A/N:

SURPRISE!!!!!!!! Bet you weren't expecting that, were you (E/N: NOOOO!)! He he he, I got you guys! I bet you weren't expecting her to go on a date with Lay of all people (E/N: Again, I repeat, NOOOO!). Actually, Lay was kind of a spur of the moment thing. It was oringinally going to be Exo's resident troll, Chen, but then I decided that adding one more character was going to be too much of a hassal so I changed it to Lay instead :) I actually thinkt they're a better couple than she and Chen would've been (E/N: Yeah, me too. Too much trolling would've gone down if it was Chen.). But I think they're super cute! Then again, I'm sort of the author soooo I HAS THE POWER MUHAHA (E/N: Dear God, she thinks she's some sort of God 0.o). Just kidding, but seriously it can be fun being the author :). Anyway, I may or may not do a double update today, it all just depends on quickly Bre is able to edit for me. We shall see (E/N: I'm trying bro!).

As always, thank you to EVERYONE who has taken such an interest in my story! You guys are the best! Don't forget; comments are looovvveee <3 (E/N: She's so creepy today 0.o)

 

PICTA SPAM TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

io0w3n.gif < me writing this chapter (E/N: DEAR GOD, YOU'RE SO CREEPY TODAY, NIKKI!)

tumblr_m53vw7smN81rnyjtso1_500.gif

 

Your face when you read this chapter:

cherryzzi07.jpgminhoc.gifioj2j6.gif

000_tumblr_lhr4mgugjk1qdbixco1_500.gif