Chapter 6

The Perfect Gift: Alternative Ending

It wasn’t long before we heard the door open. Both Jonghyun and I assumed it was Hana so neither of us moved to the living room to greet anyone knowing she would come running to us.

“Hey guys,” we heard a woman’s voice sound as she came around the corner. “Thanks for welcoming me in.”

“Noona!” Jonghyun shouted as he jumped off the kitchen counter and ran to her, pulling her into a hug.

“Hey there short stuff!” She laughed hugging him back.

“Ya!” He pulled away. “I am not that short!”

“Yes you are Appa.” Hana said from next to Sodam, neither of us noticed her at first.

“See? Even the kid thinks you’re short!” Sodam laughed, turning her attention to me. “Hey there Kibummie!”

“Hey, Noona! How are you?” I smiled in response.
“You mean since the last time I saw you?”

“Yeah….” I just laughed.

“I’m good, glad to be reunited with shorty over here!” She slung her arm around his neck while he rolled his eyes. “Oh and I picked up your kid on my way back, she was walking home like a good little girl.”

“Thank you, Noona.” Jonghyun said in a bored tone.

“You’re welcome, ingrate.”

“Ya!” Suddenly my husband was chasing his sister around the kitchen and into our dining room, shouts coming from both of them.

“Umma…” I felt a tug at my shirt causing me to look down into the cute little face of my daughter.

“What’s wrong baby?” I picked her up and set her on the counter next to me. Not the most sanitary thing to do but she looked upset and I couldn’t help it.

“Are all brothers and sisters like that?” I laughed a little at the innocent question, thinking about my own brother.

“Most of them, yes. Why?” I answered her question.

“I want one.” She said as Jonghyun and Sodam walked into the room, Jonghyun’s shirt tugged a little too far back and Sodam fixing her hair.

“One what?” Jonghyun asked.

“I want a brother or sister!” She said, her face still scrunched up.

“It’s not that simple baby girl.” Jonghyun pulled her into his arms.

“Why not? You can just make me one, right?” She looked at him with big eyes. Her question caused Sodam to let out a little laugh while I chuckled and Jonghyun smiled at her.

“No, Umma and Appa can’t just make you a baby brother or sister, angel. It doesn’t work like that.”

“Sure it does, Luhan’s Umma made him a brother.” We just kept smiling at her cute little statements.

“Umma and Appa aren’t able to do that.” Jonghyun said.

“Why?”

“Oh God, it’s happening.” Sodam said under her breath causing Jonghyun and my eyes to get a little bigger. I don’t think we were ready for that yet. “We’re about to have that conversation.”

“Umm..” Jonghyun said, trying to come up with the best possible answer to avoid that conversation. “Well, Umma can’t have babies.” I laughed a little under my breath. He was doing a terrible job avoiding that conversation.

“Why?” She peeped out of curiosity.

“Because baby,” I came over and took her into my arms, grunting a little at her weight. She was getting too big for this. “Umma’s body isn’t able to make babies like Luhan and Yixing’s umma can. I’m just a little different than her.”

“Oh, okay.” She wiggled her body a little reaching back for Jonghyun who happily took her from me.

“What brought this up?” Jonghyun asked.

“I watched you and Aunt Sodam running around and I thought Umma and Appa might get lonely  when I’m gone.” She frowned, we all laughed internally.

“Oh honey,” I said giving her a kiss. “We don’t get lonely.”

“Besides,” Jonghyun interjected. “You’re all we need!”

“Yee!” She squealed in happiness, wrapping her arms tightly around his neck giving him a kiss. “I’m your baby!” She giggled.

“Yes you are. You’re our special baby girl!” Jonghyun laughed kissing her forehead.

**************************************************************************************************************************************************

A/N:

Yay we got up a chapter! Sorry we didn't update this weekend but like I said, it was Bre's birthday so we didn't have the opportunity to update (E/N: I didn't have wifi, I just got on through my phone).  But the moment she got wifi she got right on and edited for me, which I really appreciate!

This chapter was funny to write mostly because I got to have fun with Jonghyun's "this is how babies are made" avoidance answers (E/N: Translation: She had fun writing Jonghyun's terrible answers in a poor attempt to avoid the birds and the bees conversation). And then Key comes in to save the day! Hopefully we'll be able to get another chapter up tonight for you guys since I wrote like three or four this weekend (E/N: You think she's kidding, but she's not. I feel like a kid who went to Hawaii for a weekend and came back to school with a bunch of work to catch up on....).

Thank you, as always, to my subscribers, commenters, upvoters, and readers! I really appreciate it!

 

PICTA SPAM (Fan art again, because fan art is fun :) )

tumblr_m15uegWgo31qaiic9 (This is a hint ;P )

vchibi+shinee+%25283%2529.jpg awww (I love how Taemin is always a little sprout)

SHINee+Japan+2012+totem+fanart+120623.jptumblr_m2922ik04L1qcl8qx.jpg