Chapter 2

The Perfect Gift: Alternative Ending

I was stuck in the hospital for the rest of the day so they could monitor me a little more before they allowed us to go home. I was ecstatic; I had my family back, I got ot go home, and Sekyung would never be in our lives again. Out of the two of us, Jonghyun was hurt the least, taking a bullet to his shoulder, whereas I took one to the chest. The doctors gave me aesthesia for two days to allow the pain to go down just a little before I woke up. Though my chest still hurt, it wasn’t anything I couldn’t bear. Jonghyun drove us while I sat in the back next to Hana. I couldn’t keep myself away from her. After almost losing my baby, I was determined to be by her side as much as I could.

 

“We’re home!” Jonghyun announced as he pulled the car into the garage.

“Yay!” Hana shouted excitedly. There was nothing that we all wanted more than to sleep in our own beds. We all unbuckled ourselves and Jonghyun held the door to the house open for us. The TV was still on, I guess in our panic to get to the hospital we had forgotten to turn it off.

“That’s gonna be one big bill…” Jonghyun muttered under his breath.

“Hana,” I said turning my attention to her. “Should we go take a bath?”

“Yeah!” She reached her hand up and I immediately took it.

“So uh, yeobo, who’s making dinner?” Jonghyun asked me.

“Oh, I guess I am. You take her to take a bath.” I told him. We all knew that if Jonghyun made lunch, my kitchen would turn into a disaster zone.

“Yeah, good plan. I love you.” He kissed my cheek, taking Hana’s hand in his.

“Appa, I thought Umma was going to take me.” She said confused.

“Yeah, but someone has to make dinner and you don’t want it to be Appa, do you?”

“Oh..Ew!” She stuck her tongue out.

“Woah, wait! My cooking isn’t that bad!” He shouted as Hana took her hand out of his and ran down the hall. “Ya! Come back here! YA!”

I just laughed at my two goofballs and walked into my kitchen. I found noodles and sauce and decided to make one of Hana’s favorites; spaghetti. I took about fifteen minutes to make the food before I began to worry about where my husband and child were. I finished pouring the sauce over the noodles before walking down the hall towards the bathroom.

“Ya! Kim Jonghyun! If you drowned my child I will personally kill you!” I shouted jokingly as I got closer to the bathroom. Out of nowhere two bodies jumped out of the closet just outside the bathroom shouting “BOO!” and I nearly passed out.

“OH MY GOD!” I cried and fell to the floor, startled.

“YES!” They both shouted, high fiving each other.

“What was that for?!” I scowled at them both as they laughed at me.

“We just wanted to scare you, Umma. It was funny!” Hana giggled. Hearing her giggle made me melt, how could I be mad at her right now? Deciding to get revenge, I lunged and pulled her in my arms, swinging her around as she shrieked.

“How funny is it now?!” I .

“Still funny!” She shrieked. I set her down and took her hand and led her to the dining room for dinner. Her eyes lit up and a smile overtook her face when she realized that we were having spaghetti for dinner.

“Yay! Spastetti!” She shouted, running to the table. Both Jonghyun and I smiled at her pronunciation. Some words she still had trouble pronouncing and spaghetti was one of them.

“That’ll never get old.” Jonghyun said as he quickly kissed my cheek then walked to sit down next to Hana, helping her dish up her food.    

“Thank you, Umma!” Hana clapped her hands while Jonghyun put the food on his plate before dishing himself up.

“You’re welcome baby.”

We ate and talked for an hour about random, pretty much pointless things. I asked her about her last day of school, what she was looking forward to doing this summer, and so on. Before long she was yawning, her eyes barely able to stay open.

“Alrighty, I think it’s time for bed.” Jonghyun said, picking her up despite the fact that she was verging too big to be carried around. But in light of recent events, neither of us cared we just wanted to be with our daughter.

“Appa?” She peeped as she wrapped her arms around his neck.

“Yes baby girl?”

“Can I sleep in your bed tonight?  I don’t wanna sleep alone.”

“Of course you can.”

After I finished loading the dishes into the dishwasher I walked to our bedroom quickly changing into my pjs in the bathroom. When I came out, Jonghyun was resting against the headboard, Hana leaning against his chest as he read her a bedtime story. I smiled and sat down next to them, leaning my head on his shoulder. Jonghyun finished the short story and we all crawled into bed. Hana pulled against Jonghyun and me facing them both with Jonghyun’s arm draped across my waist. I sighed in contempt.

“Goodnight, Hana.” I whispered kissing the top of her head.

“Ahem,” Jonghyun fake cleared his throat. “What about me, yeobo?”

“Goodnight Umma, goodnight Appa.” She laughed at our playfulness

“‘Night baby.” Jonghyun said to her, kissing the top her head. “Goodnight, O’husband of mine.”

“Goodnight O’ great velociraptor.” I as he turned off the light next to the bed.

“Wow, seriously?!” He remarked in the darkness in fake irritation. 

**************************************************************************************************************************************************

A/N:

DOUBLE UPDATE :D How awesome am I (E/N: Shameless self compliment there...)?! I wasn't originally going to do a double update but my boss is late getting back from break so I had a lot of time (like an extra hour) so I thought "why not?" This author's note is going to be short just because I don't have too much to say, I'm not really all that talkative today for some reason (E/N: *gasp* not talkative?! You normally never shut up!), sorry. I did really like writing this chapter, all it is is fluff (E/N: yeah, I know, I have to go the dentist to get some cavities filled thanks to you).

Well, hope you enjoyed this chapter!

PICTA SPAM!
nnvci1jpg.gif

f53c0261a7d24a903f3eb1ec360d002c.gif These two, I mean really...(E/N: this looks like us 0.o )

shinee-jonghyun-and-keys-baby-jongkey-pr

228261_227191973963004_224223850926483_1..and then there's poor Onew in the back, forever alone.

tumblr_ldo5hofwha1qbttgr.gif Key: Hold on! I wanna finish my coffee!