Chapter 8

The Perfect Gift: Alternative Ending

Only three hours after we woke up did the doorbell start to ring. We knew that my brother and his group weren’t able to come this year due to their promotions in Japan. However, they had sent their gifts with “Santa”. I helped Hana fasten the back of her cute little red puffy dress when the first of our guests arrived.

“Jonghyun!” I shouted from the bathroom where I was putting Hana’s hair into a cute little bun.

“On it!” He called back, already walking to the end of the hall.  

I heard the door open, followed by greetings from Jonghyun and from what I could tell, it was Sodam he was talking to. My suspicions were proven correct when Sodam ran into the bathroom, a gift in her hands, closely followed by Jonghyun who was trying desperately to grab it back from her.

“NOOOONNNAAAA” He whined, I rolled my eyes at his desperation. “Give it back!”

“Not until you say you love me!” She stuck her tongue out at him.

“I love you, happy?”

“Not good enough! You gotta mean it!”

“I LOVE YOU, more than life itself!” he whined, kissing her cheek. She laughed and gave him the present back, to which he promptly set off down the hall to place it back under the tree.

“How are you, Kibummie?” She turned her attention to me.

“I’m doing good, noona. How are you?” I smiled at her, adjusting the bow I had wrapped around Hana’s bun at her request. My daughter really did know fashion.

“I’m good, Jonghyun was being a meanie face because I pretended not to have a present for him.” We both laughed at his childish behavior.

“Appa is weird.” Hana stated plainly making everyone laugh as Jonghyun walked back into the room.

“Gee thanks guys. Hana, I expect more love from you.” He said picking her up. Eventually she was going to get too heavy for him and they both were going to be devastated when that day came.

“I love you, Appa.” She giggled.

“Prove it,” Jonghyun said earning himself a kiss from her. “That’s my girl!”

Soon we all found ourselves back in the living room, playing games with each other trying to distract Hana, who eyed all her gifts desperately.

“So, what do you think 2min is going to bring as our gift?” Jonghyun said referring to the text I got from Taemin a few weeks ago. Taemin had told me that they had a big Christmas gift for us but wouldn’t give us any hints what-so-ever. It was starting to annoy me that he was teasing us. Even Onew was desperate to know.

“I don’t know!” I growled, slightly irritated causing Hana to move from Jonghyun to my lap thinking she was the problem. I just patted her head and smiled down at her, trying to reassure her that she wasn’t why I was upset, making her smile and turn her attention back to the Tamagotchi pet we put in her stocking.

“Maybe it’s a life-sized velociraptor to keep Key company when you’re gone!” Sodam blurted out.

“Maybe it’ll have the same white hair as Jonghyun too! Then they’ll look the same!” I laughed.

“Ya!” Jonghyun pouted, pulling Hana back into his arms, sticking his tongue out at us.

“It’ll be like he never left!” Sodam continued to joke. Right after we laughed at her joke, the doorbell rang again. Jonghyun jumped up with an, ‘I’ll get it!’ and ran to the door.

“It has to be 2min, my parents won’t be here for another half hour and Onew is running late.”

“Hyung!” I heard Minho’s deep voice sound from the entrance.

“Yup, they’re here.” I murmmered.

“Ya think?” Sodam rolled her eyes with a smile.

A few moments later Taemin came walking into the living room. I glanced up briefly registering his presence while I continued to look at what Hana was showing me.

“Oh. My. GOD!” Sodam sputtered next to me, causing me to look up at her. My eyes followed hers and landed on Taemin. What I saw made my jaw drop in shock. Taemin stood in front of us, dressing in a cheesy red sweater with a green tree on the front, a big smile on his face. Attached to his hip was a toddler dressed in a blue sweater and tan pants.

“What...who...when...LEE TAEMIN WHO IS THAT?!” I finally got out.

“Hyung-”Taemin started to talk only to be cut off by Minho who walked into the room followed by a grinning Jonghyun.

“Hey, hyung, noona.” Minho greeted Sodam and me with a great deal of enthusiasm. It was a wonder my jaw didn’t fall off as my eyes darted back in forth between the two of them. In Minho’s arms was a little girl. She was wearing a blue dress with white leggings underneath, her black hair falling to her shoulder, perfectly curled, and a white headband to tie it all together.

“WHAT IS GOING ON?!” I shouted out in shock.

“Hyung,” Taemin began again. “This is our son, Jaeseop, and this is our daughter Sunhi. They’re twins we just adopted two weeks ago.”  

“Oh my God,” I squealed in a voice that was too high to be called anything remotely close to manly, rushing over to them. “Lemme see, lemme see!”

“Look Jae, this is your uncle Key!” Taemin said pointing to me, the little boy’s eyes followed his hand, a smile lighting up his face.

“Hiiii!” The little boy said with a big smile that showed his entire mouth, showing that he had two teeth missing.

“Hi kiddo!” I said smiling back. “How old are you?”

“I’m six!” He said enthusiastically.

“Wow!” I said turning to the little girl. “Aigoo! She’s so pretty!” Causing the little girl to laugh.

“Thank you.” She said smiling back at me.

“That’s my sister!” Jaeseop announced, causing all of us to go ‘aigooo’

“Ya!” I heard a sweet voice shout. I looked over to find my own sweet daughter pouting on our couch, arms crossed, eyebrows furrowed, tears in her eyes, and Tamagotchi forgotten.

“Aigoo!” Jonghyun cried rushing over to her, pulling her into his lap. “Hana, why are you crying, baby girl?”

“Umma doesn’t think I’m pretty!” Hana cried.

“What?!” I cried running over to the couch, sitting down and taking her from Jonghyun.

“You said the other girl is prettier!” Hana cried, trying to squirm away causing me to clutch her closer.

“Oh baby,” I cried. “I didn’t say she was prettier than you! You know you’re always the prettiest girl to Umma and Appa!”

“Really?” She peered up at me, with wet, disbelieving eyes.

“Yes! Always!” I told her, kissing her forehead.

“Promise?”

“Promise!” I told her firmly. I felt bad for making my daughter feel like I didn’t love her.

“Umma?” Hana asked me after a minute.

“Yes?”

“I love you…” She said crawling up to kiss my cheek.

“I love you, too my precious angel.” I kissed her back.

******************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

A/N:

So how much do you love us for doing a double update? I know, I know, the last chapter was super short which is why we did the double update. Reading other fics, I've come to realize my chapters are super short. I'm sorry :( I just don't have enough time to write twenty page chapters (E/N: And I don't have the attention span to edit them) but I update almost everyday so I figure that makes up for it! So, I know this is going to be another really short author's note but like I said, we're just really lazy today (E/N: I love how the only time she ever referrs to the both of us is when she's saying something bad >:( ). So like I always say, and will continue to say; thank you to everyone who reads/subscribes comments! Your support means a lot to me (E/N: *sigh* US) . Alright, I'll (E/N: WE'LL) try to update again tomorrow, hopefully we'll be less lazy  (E/N: MY POINT EXACTLY!)!

 

PICTA SPAM (E/N: Still fanart cause we're still too lazy to look through gifs and whatnot).

20130503204158-097b305a-la.jpg2min-fanart-part1-6.jpg?w=714

tumblr_m79vknXO7E1r606s6.jpg Lol Tao is that you?!