Chapter 4

The Perfect Gift: Alternative Ending

Before we knew it, it was time for Hana to go back to school. She hadn’t seen much of Yixing and Luhan, mostly due to their mother’s guilt. Despite us telling her that we never blamed her for the accident, she was a mother and I could understand her guilt. Naturally Hana was excited to get to spend most of her day with Yixing who was in her class.

“Appa, can’t you drive any faster?!” Hana asked impatiently from the backseat.

“Geez girl, calm down! We just pulled out of the driveway!” Jonghyun responded, a smirk on his face.

“Why so impatient, kiddo?” I asked.

“My boyfriend is waiting for me at school!” She announced. No sooner did the words left did the car suddenly come to a jerking stop. We all jerked forward hands slamming against the dashboard and Hana jerked forward in her carseat.

“WHAT THE HELL, KIM JONGHYUN!” I shouted. Jonghyun turned around so he could make eye contact with Hana.

“You. Have. A. WHAT?!” His eyes were blazing as he spoke through his teeth. I put my hand on his shoulder, silently telling him to calm down.

“A boyfriend?” Hana said shrinking down in her seat a little.

“You. Are. Eight.” He said.

“Yeah?”

“No. You’re too young. You can’t have a boyfriend.” He turned around. I raised my eyebrows in confusion. I’d have to address this with him as soon as she got out of the car.

“So,” I said trying to change the subject. “What are you looking forward to doing today?”

“Seeing my boyfriend.” She said. I leaned my head back on the head rest, mentally slapping my forehead. For as bright as my daughter was, she was acting really clueless right now which was beyond frustrating. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Jonghyun’s hands clench the steering wheel so hard his knuckles were going white.

“Okaaayyy then, so what are you looking forward to learning this year?” I tried my best to completely learn how to change the subject.

“Um, we’re learning how to write English more instead of speaking.” She told us, changing to English without realizing it.

“Ah,” I responded in English trying to encourage her English usage as much as possible. She used it frequently but she should use it a lot so that she can get even better. “That’ll be easy for you then.”

“Yeah, but we get to read books!” She said excitedly.

“We’re here.” Jonghyun announced sounding a little more calm than normal. Jonghyun and I got out of the car and I unstrapped Hana from her car seat and set her down on the ground as I closed the door. Jonghyun came around the car and helped her into her backpack with a smile. She reached her hands up to him to which he immediately picked her up, adjusting her on his hip. Jonghyun and I walked her into the school, putting her down in front of her classroom.

“Bye Umm!” She said with a bright smile as she stood on her tip toes to kiss me goodbye.

“Bye baby.” I told her.

“Bye Appa!” She said doing the same thing she did with me.

“Bye angel.” He told her and kissed the top of her head.

We watched he as she ran happily into her classroom, greeting her friends and Yixing when she saw them. We both smiled at each other before Jonghyun’s hand met my and he took me down the hall back to our car. I was going to miss dropping Hana off and walking her to class on the first day.

“Boyfriend…” Jonghyun huffed as soon as we were back on the road, headed home.

“Oh my God, you still haven’t let go of that?!” I rolled my eyes.

“NO! She’s not old enough to be dating!”

“It’s puppy love, Jonghyun!”

“Puppy love?!”

“Yes! Puppy love! They’re not actually in love!”

“So it’s puppy love as in: an intense but relatively shallow romantic attachment, typically associated with adolescents?”

“You...I…” I stuttered as he recited the exact definition of puppy love to me. “I can’t…”

**************************************************************************************************************************************************

A/N:

So, it's like almost midnight here but I'm still happy cause I got this chapter uploaded today/night just like I promised. I'm sorry I took so long, I had 99 problems uploading this and BRE was all of them (E/N: Yeah well excuse me but, I had 99 problems and MY BROTHER BLOWING OFF OUR SKYPE DATE CAUSE HIS NEW GIRLFRIEND WOULDN'T LET HIM HANG UP WAS ALL OF THEM. I had to take a very long walk...sorry it's been a bad day -_-). As far as this chapter goes, it's a lot shorter than I wanted it to be but still cutesy which is my favorite thing to write. The next chapters will start to skip time since Bre and I now have a general idea how we are going to end this (E/N: Translation: she knows where the story is going).

 

We are kinda coming up with other story ideas because we really like writing fanfics, we discovered it a lot of fun (E/N: Even if I have to stay up until 2 am so we can upload these chapters. I still like it). We'll keep you updated on what we start to narrow it down to but feel free to throw ideas at us too. It's always nice to get ideas from other places too :)

 

Anywho, THANK YOU TO ALL MY SUBSCRIBERS, COMMENTERS, AND READERS! You guys are what makes writing these stories fun :) 

 

PICTA SPAM-FAN ART EDITION!

tumblr_m5u926CUMI1r2e9mmo1_1280.png

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSMaitfuuvY2JjxFe__io1 LOOK GUYS IT'S HANA!!

tumblr_m8rt5cbVyQ1rpt6xmo1_500.jpg AWWWWWW

jongkey-fanart-glasses.png?w=770 Why could I see this being a legit conversation???

tumblr_likmryUE8H1qavfrmo1_500.gif AWWWWWWW

tumblr_lilis04TrG1qd0fz8.gifSOOO CUTE (E/N: I'M TRAPPED I'M TRAPPED!!! I'm so sorry that was such a lame joke omg OTL)

395756_303649696345391_172361316140897_8 AWWW TAEMIN IS ADORBES

tumblr_lxzv4swwH81qhkeb0.jpg AWWWW

tumblr_ltzwbwxuFK1qhatvro1_1280_thumb.jpMe too Taemin, me too.

 

E/N: Okay end of picture spam (I cut some out cause it was just too much lol). Have a good day/night! We will try our best to update tomorrow but no guarantees. I'm not going to be anywhere near my computer, I have a tradition for my school (yes we have these things called traditions and we have songs we sing. It's really fun) and my mommy is coming to visit me for my birthday (it's Sunday the 27th) :D So I'm going to be too busy to edit anything. I'll do my best to get something up (even if it's short) on Sunday thought. Annyeong!!!