Epilogue

The Perfect Gift: Alternative Ending

It was a warm June evening, the sun was starting to lower itself into the horizon, the birds were chirping their songs, hoping for a potential mate to return their call. The flowers were in full bloom and the grass was green. This was the scene the two boys as they walked towards an old oak tree. The men were laughing and teasing each other happily as they approached the tree.

“You are so not smarter than I am!” The brown haired, slightly shorter, boy said.

“I so beg to differ!” The taller, white haired boy shouted in response.

“You want to take an intelligence test? Hmm?” The brunette challenged.

“Fine, you’re on!”

“I will win this!” The brunette now had a confident smirk on his face and his arms were crossed defiantly in front of his chest.

“No you won’t! Halmoni, tell him he’s wrong!” The white haired boy moaned.

“Halmoni, you know I was always the smarter one, right?” The brunette laughed.

“Says the boy who pronounces the phrase ‘her whisper is the lucifer’ as ‘her whishpa is the lushifer’.” The white haired boy teased, nudging the other.

“Shut up! I already get enough about that from Kris as is!”

“Not enough, clearly. You think you’re smarter than I am!”

“Whatever you say, brother dearest.” The brunette laughed causing his younger brother to join in.

“Halmoni, sorry we still argue but we can’t help it.” The youngest brother smiled.

“Yeah, sorry,” The older one added. “But just like Halapoji always said, ‘they’re siblings, they’re gonna bicker’.”

“We love you guys, you know that?” The youngest smiled.  

 

Both boys stood and talked for an hour before the sun was almost set and the birds had stopped chirping. They talked about many things; they talked about how tired they were after they debut with their twelve member boy group a few years ago, how the oldest boy had been forced to eat healthy, and how though the company told him to be nicer, he still was Korea’s resident troll.

“Hey,” The youngest smiled sadly at his brother. “It’s getting cold, we should go.”

“Yeah,” The oldest replied. “Why don’t you go back to the car, I want to say something in private first.”

“No problem. Just, try to hurry if you can, you’ll catch a cold if you’re out here too long, okay?” The younger brother warned before turning and walking away from the grand oak tree.

“Yes, mother.” The oldest called back.

“Shut up.” Was the response he got from his little brother

“Just go.”

At first the brunette just stood there, not saying anything, and just stared blankly into space. Memories flooded him, of his grandparents being there for him when he first had a girlfriend, when he felt his first heartbreak, during his trainee years, and after their debut. He felt an empty feeling in his chest as he finally spoke.

“I found this today when I was going through a box of stuff,” The boy started. “It’s from Umma, and addressed to you guys. I thought you might want to read it. Well, if you can read it, that is. I laminated it so that it wouldn’t get ruined by the rain. I’ll come pick it up tomorrow before our interview so you can read it, okay? I really miss you guys. Most of all, I love you guys. Like a lot.” He whispered his goodbyes before kissing each stone. He bent down and placed the letter against the grand headstone before making his way back down the hill, taking one last glance at the graves that lay below the ancient oak tree.

 

Here lies Kim Kibum. Loving husband to Kim Jonghyun, father to Kim Hana, and grandfather to Zhang Jongdae and Jongin.

 

Here lies Kim Jonghyun. Devoted husband to Kim Kibum, father to Kim Hana, and grandfather to Zhang Jongdae and Jongin.

 

Here lies Zhang Yixing. Adoring husband to Kim-Zhang Hana, and father to Zhang Jongdae and Jongin.

 

Here lies Kim-Zhang Hana. Loving wife to Zhang Yixing, daughter of Kim Kibum and Jonghyun, and mother of Zhang Jongdae and Jongin.

 

 

Dear Umma and Appa,

 

         I miss you both dearly. At the moment, you are both sick and I don’t know what to do. Honestly, I feel extremely helpless right now, all I want to do is help. I know that no one lives forever, including you both. I had always thought that when you were about to leave, I would be able to let you go. But now that it’s here, I can’t bring myself to let you go. The thought of living without you terrifies me.

 

I wanted to take this chance to thank you both for everything you’ve done for me. You been so kind, loving, and patient with me as I grew up. All I thought about was me and my life. But now that I’m a mother I can understand how you both thought. Your world revolved around me, your own wishes put aside for my own good. I can’t thank you enough for being that way towards me.

 

 

The thing I appreciate the most though, is the fact that you wanted me. When I couldn’t be with my own mother, you happily and willingly took me into you waiting arms. You spend so much time waiting on me, and your hearts must’ve been breaking while you were waiting. And then, I came along and I know from what you and everyone else has told me, that you were never more ready and more happy than that moment. You wanted me more than you wanted air, and I can not thank you enough. I don’t even want to think about where I’d be without you, but I know that it wouldn’t be happily married to Yixing with two beautiful boys.

 

    I hope than you can recognize the sincerity in this letter. I could never say all of this to you both now, because it would make you feel like you were leaving behind a broken daughter, but you’re not. I will be okay, I have everyone else to support me, but I will still miss you more than anything else. I know that everyone will miss you, especially Uncle Taemin (seriously, he still calls you ‘’Umma”). As morbid as this may sound, I look forward to the day when I can meet you again in heaven. I will think about you both every single day.

            Thank you for everything, I love you.

 

 

Forever your angel,

Hana

*****************************************************************************************************

E/N:

tumblr_mlr4c8rqLD1snmxkso9_500.gif

So since I wrote this chapter, I got to do the editor note instead of Nikki's usual author's note. Oh, the things I could say......

tumblr_ld8nq1y9v11qaqvwh.gif

But I'll be good, and not do bad things (However, honest05 and I are going to take over the world together ;D). So I tried to make this happy and moving at the same time. I didn't want it to be sad like the other ending because, let's face it, this story is a million times different than the other story. It's like a saga, you know? It's got everything! Fluff, angst, romance, loss, ect.

I mean, it's a freaking movie!!!! What more do you want from me?!

k52vly.gif

So originally this chapter wasn't going to be up until tomorrow but Nikki bugged and nagged me until I finally got this done -_- I literally answered my phone and was all:

tumblr_maurenhpVc1qfx0b8o2_250.gif

But it's up now!! I feel accomplished, even though my life is anything but fun right now. I should probably doing paperwork and whatnot but nah!!

 

tumblr_mlcjmw8BJc1snmxkso4_250.gif

Now please enjoy this random gif I found! See you guys soon ;)

key_1.gif