Sea Change

Orbit

Thank you for all your support on this story, guys! All the votes, subs, and especially the commments make my day. Even though Bangdae is not one of the popular pairings, I'm glad that there are people who like and can enjoy this story.

The next few chapters are going to be pretty fluffy and relationship building and stuff, but I doubt anyone will complain about that, haha.

But we are far from done, it's still not even 2013 yet!


November 2012

 

They are at a new level of comfort now, a couple of weeks after their impromptu date; Yongguk more open and affectionate and Daehyun no longer so reserved with the elder.

 

Yongguk hugs the younger man from behind, huddled in a loose hoodie and oversized t-shirt, cap propped on his head as they wait for their stylists to get them ready for their variety appearance. Daehyun’s hands settle atop the arms around his waist as Yongguk tilts his head to kiss the younger man’s cheek.

 

“Love it when you’re dressed like this. Like the little hip-hop groupie I always wanted.”

 

“Aw, hyung, you’re so embarrassing.” Daehyun replies, but his eyes are crescents so Yongguk knows he’s grinning anyway. He pulls down the mask to kiss the corner of the younger’s lips before carefully putting it back in place.

 

“Gotta keep this mouth covered up. The way some of those fan girls look at you weirds me out enough, and I think I saw a few boys today.”

 

“Hm, not interested in them, anyway. Even if a few were kinda hot-”

 

Yongguk puts on a stern face, “You stay well away from them. The only reason I don’t worry about Junhong being abducted is because he’s too big to hide away. And Youngjae’s too snarky. Jongup could fight his way out if he had to. No one would be crazy enough to take Himchan. You on the other hand…”

 

Daehyun laughs at the teasing, “Oi, I can handle myself just fine!”

 

Yongguk tightens his arms around the younger’s waist leaning over him with his larger frame, “Oh yeah?”

 

His mouth finds Daehyun’s ear, nibbling on the shell as the vocalist makes half-hearted attempts to free himself. He shudders, “Hyung, what are you doing? Noonas will be back soon…”

 

“Abducting you.”

 

Daehyun smirks, an idea growing in his mind and turns around within the circle of Yongguk’s hold, “Oh? And what exactly will you do with me, hyung?”

 

The elder’s cheeks turn slightly pink at the younger’s flirtation and Daehyun slides his hands slowly up the elder’s chest, eventually locking them behind Yongguk’s neck. Leaning up, he nuzzles Yongguk’s jawline, “Come on, hyung. Think about it…I’d be completely at your mercy, you could do whatever you wanted…”

 

Daehyun’s voice is low, and smooth, but just a little breathless. Yongguk forgets how easy it is for Daehyun to slip into this persona, at once seductive and coy, never having it seen in action off stage. Daehyun’s eyes are playful behind the veil of false submission and apprehension.

 

When they hear the sound of talking and clicking heels just outside their dressing room, Daehyun pulls away, grinning the way he does when he’s played a particularly amusing trick on Himchan.

 

Yongguk doesn’t know what he’s gotten himself into, but he has no interest in getting out.

 

 

*          *          *

 

 

It’s odd, Yongguk thinks, that their most talkative member could be so shy under different circumstances.

 

They haven’t filmed any variety shows, not any besides their own, and while Yongguk has some experience with them, he’s not the best variety entertainer. TS had probably thought he should be present to represent B.A.P, as leader, and that Daehyun would make a good addition, a chatty and likable contrast to Yongguk’s reserve.

 

But Daehyun isn’t always the bubbly motor-mouth he is around his friends. In fact, he seems to go into a hibernation of sorts when he is in unfamiliar quarters, still friendly and agreeable, but noticeably more taciturn.

 

They don’t do too badly, mostly in the background as rookies, but they probably haven’t left too much of an impression and they take the feedback they receive with humble acceptance.

 

They arrive home to an empty dorm room and Yongguk suggests they watch a movie to kill time before they head to a group schedule in the evening. It’s a mindless action flick, enjoyable and entertaining with no real need for concentration, and they talk through it. Yongguk can be surprisingly chatty when the mood strikes him, when he gets to speak about what interests him, and Daehyun’s loves listening to the deep timbre of his voice, even if he doesn’t always understand all of it.

 

They take a break after the movie and while the others are still out, Daehyun takes his time in the shower, letting the water run hot and soothing his sore muscles. He lathers his skin with soap, takes his time washing his hair with sweet smelling shampoo and massaging his scalp.

 

He steps out of the shower in a cloud of steam, and after drying himself off; he immediately begins applying lotion to his skin. Himchan had told him ages ago that it would help lock the moisture in, keep his skin dewy and smooth, but he hadn’t ever paid attention to such things before.

 

He takes more pride in his appearance now, an inevitable side effect of their occupation, perhaps. But he also has other reasons for wanting silken skin, and as he thinks of the hands he really wants smoothing across his body, it tingles with excitement under his own touch.

 

He and Yongguk are alone in the dorm and will be for another hour at the least, the others having left later than usual after being allowed the rare opportunity to sleep in while Yongguk and Daehyun filmed. It’s an occurrence so rare that Daehyun definitely doesn’t want to waste it, especially in the face of his burgeoning relationship. Moments to be physically intimate were exceedingly rare, and Daehyun was both excited and scared by the intensity of his desire for their leader.

 

Of course, Daehyun had been involved with girls before, but clothes had always stayed on and touches never strayed past the belt. With Yongguk, Daehyun wants more, almost feels like he needs more, and that, combined with the novelty of discovering such a connection with another man made Daehyun want to push his boundaries and explore a little.

 

He brushes his damp hair and arranges it so that it falls across his forehead, barely brushing his brows on one side. He pulls on a pair of black boxer-briefs and turns in front of the mirror, critically scrutinizing his physique in the reflection.  He’s not as built as he wants to be, his arms are skinny and his torso is quite lean and not in a way that he finds particularly attractive. The slight definition on his figure comes more from the blessing of a quick metabolism and active day to day life than any real exercising. He flushes when he finds himself thinking that, at the very least, the soft curves of his rear and hips, slightly flaring out from his trim waist might be appealing to Yongguk.

 

With that thought in mind, Daehyun summons up his courage and cracks the bathroom door open, peeking out cautiously. He can hear the TV running in the living room and surmises that Yongguk must be there. Quietly slipping into their bedroom, he finds a soft flannel button up that he slips on, leaving it undone before the tip toes into the hallway.

 

I’ll just get a drink, he thinks, no need to parade around too much. He doesn’t want to look desperate, or foolish. But something in him craves the spark that he had somehow ignited in the elder to come out again and consume him. Something in him wants to be bared in front of Yongguk and make the elder lose control.

 

He walks into the living area, the cooler air sending a shiver down his spine that follows the trail of the drops of water falling from the still wet strands of his hair. He can hear shuffling in the kitchen, and sure enough, Yongguk is rummaging through their fridge. Daehyun swallows nervously before walking towards the elder, sliding past his figure as he reaches into the fridge for a bottle of soda.

 

“Excuse me, hyung.”

 

Yongguk steps back slightly, appreciatively inhaling the sweet scent that wafts from Daehyun’s freshly washed hair as the younger pulls away with the bottle in hand. It’s not until his eyes wander to his side that he notices the tantalizing display of bare legs.

 

When he turns fully to where Daehyun is now standing he nearly chokes on his own saliva. It’s not that he hasn’t seen Daehyun in even lesser states of undress, but never in such a circumstance and never for more than a few seconds.

 

Daehyun is reaching up to where their glasses are conveniently located, the shirt carelessly hanging off his frame rising and allowing Yongguk the perfect view of a perky bottom just barely covered by the thin black fabric of the younger’s underwear.

 

Daehyun can feel Yongguk’s eyes on him, as palpable as a hand across his back, and his own hands nearly shake when he slowly pours the drink into the glass, taking the time to calm himself before he turns back around, bringing the rim to his mouth as he drinks, and leaning against the cool counter.

 

Yongguk opens his mouth to speak, but it only remains agape as he takes in the soft lines of Daehyun’s tanned torso and thighs on display in front of him. He doesn’t think Daehyun is naïve enough not to know what he’s doing, not to mention that Daehyun doesn’t normally traipse around half dressed, but he also doesn’t want to make assumptions.

 

When he regains his voice he looks away and busies himself with the items he had gathered earlier to make a small snack.

 

“You, um, forget the rest of your clothes there, Dae?”

 

Daehyun smirks slightly behind the glass, confidence growing as he observes the red on Yongguk’s ears.

 

“Oh, no it was just really hot. I haven’t had a shower like that in ages. I just wanted to grab something to cool down before dressing. I…should probably put on those clothes now, hm?” Daehyun places the glass down, and walks away. There’s nothing really purposefully seductive about it, no exaggerated sway in his hips or slow teasing stretch of his limbs. But the slight peek and cheeky grin he throws at Yongguk over his shoulder just before he turns the corner is all the encouragement Yongguk needs.

 

He follows after the younger seconds later, pushing the bedroom door shut behind him and scooping up Daehyun’s playfully retreating figure into his arms.

 

“You little sneak.” Yongguk breathes, with his arms around Daehyun’s waist and his face pressed against the soft skin of the younger’s neck. The vocalist smells of cocoa butter and Yongguk doesn’t bother to resist the urge to gently nip and at his neck.

 

“Sorry, hyung,” Daehyun laughs a little at the ticklish sensation, “I had to do something. I…we’re alone…” he finishes shyly.

 

Yongguk pulls back and looks into Daehyun’s eyes, searching but amused, “I thought we could just watch another movie, or something. Had the couch all ready with blankets. Was gonna make snacks this time…”

 

Yongguk grins when Daehyun’s face turns red in mild shame.

 

“We can do that! I just thought, it’s just…I want…”

 

Yongguk brushes through the damps locks of hair, “Do you want to…?”

 

Daehyun bites his lower lip nervously, “Don’t you?”

 

Yongguk cups Daehyun’s cheeks and leans in to kiss him softly, “Tell me what you want, Dae.”

 

“I want… you to touch me.” Daehyun finally says. Seeing the doubt still lingering in Yongguk’s gaze he continues, “We’ve known each other for over a year, and we know each other better than most people who’ve been couples for longer. If you’re worried about rushing me, don’t.”

 

“Who am I to say no to that…” the elder murmurs just before Daehyun pulls him down to connect their lips.

 

Yongguk deposits the younger on his bunk and runs his hands down Daehyun’s thighs, the still developing muscles under firm, bronze flesh that he presses his fingers into. His hands then run up the younger’s sides, sliding under the soft fabric of this shirt and across equally soft skin on the younger’s back. They kiss slow and deep as Yongguk’s hands move to Daehyun’s chest, thumbs brushing across the brown nubs and making Daehyun gasp into their lip lock.

 

Yongguk pinches them just slightly and chuckles at the mewl that draws out as the younger squirms in his grip. 

 

Yongguk hadn’t ever thought that he could feel so much from just kissing and gentle touch. He doesn’t think he’ll ever tire of Daehyun’s lovely mouth, the soft slope of his shoulders, and the gentle dips on the small of his back, just above the curve of his behind. For his part, Daehyun can’t get enough of Yongguk’s thick lips and the sharp ridges of his shoulders, clavicles and hip bones.

 

It’s the most intimate exchange either have them have ever been a part of, both feeling a connection deeper than any previous.

 

Yongguk dips his head to the ridge of Daehyun’s hip bone and bites gently, tugging and at the skin just hard enough to leave a mark.

 

“Yongguk…” Daehyun sighs, “Hyung, please-”

 

They had spent ages just kissing and exploring skin but now the younger man is grinding up against him, eager and willing and it takes all of Yongguk’s control to pull back and hold Daehyun’s hips to the bed, a thumb soothing the heated skin.

 

He bends to kiss the vocalist’s mouth again, “We don’t have time to get carried away, Dae.”

 

Daehyun huffs in frustration, “I know. I know…”

 

He lies on his side then, Daehyun’s hair and admiring the way his eyelashes flutter as they both calm themselves down.

 

And not a moment too soon.

 

“Guys! We brought food!”

 

They both jump up so fast, bumping their heads on the bed above as Daehyun slides away from Yongguk to throw on a pair of sweats and begin casually buttoning up his shirt, cheeks still flushed, just as Himchan and Youngjae enter the bedroom.

 

“Oh,” Himchan raises a brow as he sees Yongguk, “Surprised you didn’t head to the studio.”

 

Yongguk shrugs, “Nothing coming to me today. And I didn’t want to leave Daehyunnie alone.”

 

It’s not really a lie, and Himchan accepts it easily enough.

 

Youngjae eyes Daehyun and frowns, “Why are you so red?”

 

“Just had a shower.”

 

“Is that where all the humid air is coming from? You better not have used all the hot water!” Himchan rants as he grabs a towel and heads to the bathroom.

 

Daehyun winces.

 


Daehyun and Yongguk's 1st time on Quiz to Change the World, which was the show referenced here.

Thanks for reading!