Flame, Part I

Orbit

  A short update! It won't be long until the next one, it's pretty much written already.  I also have a couple oneshots that I might put up soon. One is Bangdae and the other is a Zelo-centric/ general OT6 fic. Both are humor, which is what I like to write. Anyway, thanks to everyone who commented and subscribed!


       

The five boys are lounging in the living room when they hear knocking and Kang’s voice. The two youngest hop up first, bouncing into the entryway of the apartment where Kang stands with Daehyun. Yongguk follows with a chuckle at their enthusiasm, with Himchan and Youngjae trailing closely behind.

 

Daehyun is just as petite as Yongguk remembers, dressed in plain clothes, his floppy hair covering his eyes slightly. He shakes it out of his face and then bows, greeting everyone. Yongguk’s feels the same pull that tugged him towards the younger the first time they had met as the younger’s eyes rise up to meet his. There is the briefest moment of silence during which Yongguk swears the air grows heavier, but it is gone in a second.

 

Junhong is the first to greet Daehyun back, happily stating his name. “I’m Choi Junhong. When the hyungs told me we were getting someone new, I didn’t realize it would be someone younger!”

 

Daehyun blinks, “Um…”

 

Yongguk and Himchan laugh, as Kang lightly knocks Junhong on the head. “Yah, where are your manners? Daehyun here is older than you. And Jongup and Youngjae, actually.”

 

“What, really? Him?”

 

“Junhong!” Himchan scolds.

 

Junhong pouts for a bit, before smiling sheepishly at Daehyun. “Sorry, Daehyun-hyung. I was just excited; I thought I’d finally not be maknae anymore.”

 

Daehyun offers a small smile in return, “That’s alright, Junhong-sshi. I envy your height, I might not be mistaken for being a kid so often if I was as tall as you are.”

 

“But hyung is cute the way he is!” Any lingering awkwardness is broken with this comment and various calls of Junhong, don’t be so forward and Calling a hyung you just met ‘cute’, really now ring out, as the group laughs in amusement and admonishes the teenager.

 

“Well, you guys should be fine on your own now. Get settled in Daehyun, I expect you all to be ready tomorrow by noon to head over to the office!” Kang says, as he helps move Daehyun’s bags further in to the living room before bidding them goodnight.

 

Himchan proffers his hand for a shake and Daehyun clasps it hesitantly, “Kim Himchan. Ulzzang. Classical musician, and-”

 

“Nagging mother. Help me get dinner ready, Channie.” Himchan whines about not finishing his spiel as Yongguk drags him away, trying to ignore the sudden clamminess of his palms.

 

Daehyun looks after Yongguk for a bit before turning back to the other members. Daehyun is left with the three youngest and looks to the two who haven’t spoken yet. “Youngjae-sshi and Jongup-sshi, right?”

 

“Just call me Jongup, hyung.” The shorter boy says as he steps forward and shakes the new vocal’s hand. “I’m the main dancer.”

 

Youngjae does the same, and offers a small smile. “Youngjae. Vocal. You can call me whatever, hyung.”

 

Daehyun nods, “Okay, Youngjae. And you can get rid of the ‘hyung’, we’re basically the same age, anyway. It’s nice to meet you both.”

 

The four boys continue to chat in the living room while their hyungs putter around in the kitchen. “Those kids. Not even offering to help. I’ll forgive them this once since they’re excited to meet Daehyun, but this will not do!” Himchan mutters as he scurries around trying to find enough plates.

 

Yongguk grins. Himchan is such a mom.

 

“Yah, Bang Yongguk. What the hell are you smiling about? And I have a bone to pick with you!”

 

“Oh?”

 

Himchan lowers his voice to a whisper, “You didn’t tell me the new kid was cute! I have a reputation to maintain, Bbang, I can’t have little country boys stealing it away!”

 

Yongguk shrugs, “He’s going to be an idol, you didn’t think they’d pick someone horrid looking, did you? Besides you have the whole ‘cold city man’ image covered.”

 

Himchan rolls his eyes. “Whatever, Bbang. We’ll need to help that kid with his fashion sense though …”

 

As Himchan begins on a tangent on style, Yongguk’s mind starts to wander to the new addition. Yongguk had thought that whatever little spark he had felt for the younger was a temporary thing, something that came from the novelty of a new, attractive face. But the minute Daehyun had stepped into the apartment, Yongguk had felt a tension in his body that he couldn’t explain. Almost as if he was holding himself back from moving.

 

He needs to avoid being too close to Daehyun, he decides. Not so much that it was suspicious, but enough that this infatuation would have time to fade. He can’t afford to have feelings, or develop them, for anyone in the group. Not like that.

 

But Yongguk is also scared. He knows himself well enough to know that he rarely develops crushes on people beyond the appreciation of a beautiful face. Unlike Himchan, who falls for a new girl group member every week, Yongguk’s affections remain firmly tethered. But Yongguk knows that once they are unleashed, there is precious little he can do to reign himself back.

 

“Oi, Yongguk!” Himchan’s voice startles him out of his thoughts. His friend peers at him curiously, Himchan was the only one that had a vague idea about Bang’s uality, and if anyone was going to figure out what was happening, it was him. Luckily, he didn’t seem to notice anything too amiss. “I get it, you’re stressed. Don’t worry, Daehyun seems like a boy with his head on his shoulders.”

 

Yongguk nods and walks into the living room to grab the others to sit down for their meal.

 

“Dinner.” He says briefly, and the boys obediently rise and file into the kitchen. Daehyun follows last, and flashes Yongguk a sweet smile as he passes, the soft scent of vanilla following him.

 

 

 


When Zelo first met Daehyun, he thought Daehyun was younger than him. (http://itsbap.com/post/22761401539/random-zelo-fanaccount-mashup)


 

 

Hmm, Bang might be in a little trouble now that he'll be living with our little vixen. I think I'll try and add canon facts like the one above to chapters every so often , might make it more interesting. Thanks for reading~