Chapter 31: Day 11/ August 11th/ Wednesday

Why Did it Take So Long to Find Me?

Kangin           Yesung            Robert

 

Once I woke up I felt there was a huge rock lying on my . I was happy but that bang of guilt kept hitting the walls of my heart. So I got up early and prepared breakfast. I prepared Corned Beef Hash, Peach Pie Smoothie, Scrambled Eggs and Cinnamon Buns. When the guys woke up the table was set. I already changed into a navy blue summer dress and let my hair down. The guys gave me what's-up-with-you-today look. Kangin smiled at me and I pretended not to see. I had to make up with Yesung.

 

- Ya Park Chohwa, what's wrong with you today?

Kyuhyun asked

- Oppa cham!! We haven't written a new schedule and of course someone has to make breakfast

- Is this breakfast? This is an extravagant feast

Siwon commented. I was flattered. They sat down and I went to sit by Yesung.

- Oppa, these buns are really good

- I don't want to eat

- Ok then why don't you try the smoothie, it's cold and healthy

- I'm not eating

He was irritated but I wasn't to give up.

- What about some scrambled eggs?

- I TOLD YOU I'M NOT EATING

He pushed my hand away and the plate fell to the floor. The eggs were instead scrambled all over the room. He rose to leave

- Hyung!!

Kangin shouted

- Don't!!

I stood in his way

- Chohwa!!

-내가 잘못.. naega chal muthaesseo. I did wrong

- 네 ? 네 잘뭇했어? Niga wae? Niga mwol chal muthaesseo? Why? What did you do wrong?

- Oppa!!

- What?

Oh really!! Oppa doesn't see anything wrong with what happened last night. I did. I swallowed my words and knelt to clean the floor. Kibum pushed me aside and did it instead.

We continued breakfast awkwardly.

 

The director was shuffling in his place. We had to do activities but the atmosphere wasn't good at all.

I have to do something. I have to step in and do something.

- Shin oppa!!

I broke the awkward silence and Shindong looked at me cautiously.

 - Shall we go have our hair done?

- Eo? Shall we?!

- I'll get ready.

I had the dress on already. I picked my bag and quietly followed oppa down.

 

- Oppa, let's go to James.

I told Shindong in the car

- James? Do you even know James?

- Mmm, Kibum oppa took me there once

On that awesome day. And my heart suudenly hurt.

- Who's done your hair then?

- James, and he's done my make-up as well

- James? Personally?

- Ne

Why is he so surprised??

- You don't know who James is, right?

- Who is he?

- He used to work in Hollywood. He's one of the best in the profession. So he runs the place and only works on what he calls: artistic pieces. Must have seen you a piece of art!!

Heol!!

We reached James' place. James who was giving instructions here and there walked to us the moment he spotted us entering.

- Look who's here!! Welcome

He shook hands with Shindong and gave me a sudden embrace.

No wonder, he worked in Hollywood!!

- So our star is here to change her style

I looked at Shindong who only smiled.

Before I had time to ask him about his opinion, Shindong received a call that sounded urgent.

- Mianhae Chohwa-ya. My mom wants me now. Mian. You'll be ok, right?

- Of course oppa. Go now.

- Call me when you reach the dorm.

- Mmm. Be careful on the way.

And he disappeared.

 

I was looking through the catalogue when the person sitting next to me addressed me:

- You're Park Chohwa, right?

I turned to the voice and there in all magnificence sat Big Bang's T.O.P

HOLY JESUS CHRIST!!

- Hey

- Yaah!! I thought Seungri was exaggerating when he said you look so much better in person

- Thank you

Why was I shaking?? Too much shaking these days

- Seungri talks about you all the time. And your photo is hung in his room so you feel so familiar.

- Thank you

Yeah keep saying thank you and nodding like silly!!

- I heard from Seungri that you like couples' stuff

I have got to sew that guy's lips chincha!!

- Yup. I love to share stuff with the people I love. Maybe you've seen this bracelet

And I pointed at a bracelet I wear.

- Only five of this bracelet exists, Seungri has one

- Why only five?

- Because we made them together, Seungri, Kim Joon, Kim Kibum, Lee Donghae and I

- So you're as close as he claims you are

- Yes.

- Cool. So… shall we have couple hair to celebrate our first meeting?

Wow!! Has T.O.P always been that cool??

- I would love that

- What shall we go for?

- Mmm, purple?

- Purple is nice. James, give us couple purple hair.

Okay, one thing was going well this in this TERRIFIC day!!

James transformed us well. T.O.P took a photo of us and uploaded it on twitter:

Couple hair with my new friend; Park Chohwa.

I'm already hated mwo!!

 

I was so excited about my couple hair I ran to the dorm. On the way I remembered the task Edward had given me so I called the person that would make the best writer.

- Hello

- Omo!! How come the star calls me in the middle of the day? You should be shooting now.

- Nadia

Nadia is a friend I met online. She's a journalist in a small newspaper in Dubai. She's so talented but so lazy to look for another opportunity. She's cold and haughty. In all, she's the perfect match for Edward; someone who'd put him into his place.

- Listen Nadia, you know Ice-voice

- The bastard who gives you hell

- Yeah. He needs a writer, another copy of me if I'd use his words. Interested?

- The salary?

- Awesome. He'll give you an apartment also.

- Mmm when do I need to be there?

- As soon as possible.

- Ok I'll sort things out and call you. You'll pick me in the airport ok?

- Done

As easy as that!!

 

I bought a bottle of lemonade for Yesung oppa and ran into the dorm.

Yesung was fetching something from the kitchen when I entered. When he glimpsed me he turned his back.

It's okay Chohwa. He'll calm down eventually.

- Oppa oppa!! Look at my hair. Isn't it beautiful?

He didn't reply.

- Guess who I met there! I met T.O.P and we had couple hair

No response. It began to become awkward and I started to feel the guys murmuring behind my back.

- Ah!! I bought you this lemonade. You like lemonade right?

- Leave me alone!!

Oppa pushed me. The bottle fell. I slipped and fell flat on my face on the broken glass. My arm fell first and protected my eyes. I started to feel the blood running down my face and arm. There was a rumpus and the guys rushed to me. Kangin helped me up. When he saw the blood his eyes were aflame. It was getting dangerous.

 

Leeteuk hyung told me not to interfere between Chohwa and Yesung hyung because I had ''no right to''. I shut up after the incident in the morning. I could see how hurt Chohwa was but kept quiet. After all it was a matter between them and they should solve it.

But

Chohwa ran into the dorm looking gorgeous with her purple hair, ignored us and ran to Yesung; so far painful but tolerable.

Yesung ignored her, she tried again and he ignored her, she tried one more time and he pushed her away.

I saw the bottle fall and smash into pieces and I saw Chohwa fall over it. I saw the blood running down her face and arm.

And what did Chohwa do?

She pushed everyone away from Yesung shouting:

- I'm ok. I'm ok so don't interfere. I'm ok so get away from oppa!!

She said she's ok. Her cheek was cut so badly it might leave a scar and her arm was a mess and she screamed that she's ok. Yesung stood behind her staring blankly. I hated him with all my might that day.

 

I

Pushed

Chohwa

To the floor

Twice that day.

I caused Chohwa to bleed.

And she was defending me. Till the end she defended me. I felt so worthless. I wished I died before that day but epiphany struck me at that moment.

See why you're not her fate!!

And I saw clearly why I wasn't, and I had to accept that. I finally decided to accept that.

 

- I'm ok. It'll be fine once it's stitched. I'll go to the hospital and be back

- No you're not going alone

Rob stopped me

- Yes I am, so step aside

 

I saw that look in her eyes once, when she decided to leave her father's home once and I knew I had to step aside. When the other guys tried to follow her I stopped them.

- Chohwa now is in hell. She needs to be alone to get out of it.

 

I walked out like someone intoxicated. I just couldn't put the pieces together. I just couldn't fathom the situation. I felt a grip on my arm. It was Kangta seonbae

- Seonbae!!

- Don't say anything silly. You lost a lot of blood. What to do if you faint here? And you're famous now; do you want your bloody face all over the internet?

He got me in the car. I had my cuts stitched. The doctor assured me that if the cuts were tended to carefully they wouldn't leave scars.

- I'll take you back

Seonbae suggested. I shook my head.

- You know I can't get back now and I need to shop for Gonchan's birthday. I'll be ok

Seonbae hesitantly turned to walk away. I hailed:

- Seonbae, can't we edit that part out?

- Chohwa!!

- Seonbae please, that part can't be aired. Please!!

- But!!

- Seonbae!!

He sighed

- I'll see what I can do. Be careful.

 

Kangta came back and told us that Chohwa was okay and went shopping. Yesung locked himself into the room and I stared at the ceiling lost in thoughts.

 

I bought paint and brushes and asked the shop to deliver them to the dorm. I had to buy some construction paper, ribbons, balloons, crepe paper and confetti to decorate the room. I was choosing some Pastel Lime Apple Green stuff- BaNa's colour: BaNa is B1A4's fanclub- when the shop ajumma recognised me:

- Agassi, aren't you that Agassi from the show?

- Yes

- Oh I watch the show everyday

- Thank you

- What's wrong with your face?

- I fell while holding a bottle. It cut my face but I'm ok

- Omo!! You should be careful

- Thank you

- Chohwa-ya!!

I was thus chit-chatting with ajumma when a voice from a storybook called me. My hands started shaking.

- Ajumma, can you please send these to this address?

My hand shook like crazy and I had to dictate the address to the woman. I didn't look around

- Chohwa-ya

- Don't call me that

She moved and faced me. And I had my 25 years in flashback. I saw her fight with dad every day. I saw her getting drunk. I saw her taking sleeping pills. I saw her crying. I saw myself alone in the room that had everything except for company. I saw Father's cold eyes. I heard the sounds of objects breaking. I saw me celebrating all my achievements alone. I saw me coming home to find her gone. I saw myself about to take that drug dose when Dr. Andrew stopped me. I saw me meeting Robert on the edge of the roof. I saw me leaving home. I saw the pain and the loneliness. How dare she appear now in front of me looking the same and calling me by my name, how??

I backed away

- Chohwa-ya

- If you call me that again, I'll change that name I swear

I dragged me feet out and I knew I needed to get drunk. I'd get drunk that night or else, or else…

 

Oh!! Chohwa is calling. It's almost midnight and we haven't heard of her. She didn't pick up no matter how much we called and there she was calling.

- Yaa!! Where are you?

- Hello?

Whose voice is this?

- Hello

- Sorry but the owner of this phone is blind drunk and no matter how hard I try to wake her up, it's no use. So I called her number 1 speed dial.

I'm her number one? I hate you Chohwa

- Where's the place ajumma?

 

I ignored the exclamations and ran out. I drove like crazy to the stand. Chohwa was drunk as a lord. I paid and carried her on my back. With each step I took to the car, with each minute in the car, with each step from the car to the dorm my heart pierced with unendurable pain. I felt so bad to the hurt girl on my back and I felt miserable because I was unable to do anything for her.

I carried her into the dorm. Rob, again, opened the door and arranged the bed but walked out first. I covered her and was walking out when she grabbed my sleeve.

- 가지마!! Don't go!!

I gazed at her. She was sleeping but she held my sleeve.

I spent the night by the bedside staring at her angelic face and thinking.

*************************