Chapter 39: Day 19

Why Did it Take So Long to Find Me?

 

I didn't sleep a wink that night. The kiss was sweet and memorable. I dreamed of it for years. That's right. But the timing was wrong. The kiss shouldn't have happened then.  I was thus contemplating when the broadcast started. I blankly stared at the screen. Wait!! What the hell is going on? Why is SeungHo watching me practicing?

The guys started backing away as I turned to them

- Whose idea was it?

All looked at Yesung's direction. Heol!!

- So did you enjoy making fun of me?

- Chohwa c'mon. Did you see how moved SeungHo was?

Eunhyuk oppa tried to calm me down. I was pissed off; a lot.

- Yeah he was so moved to the extent that he asked me out

 

Holy Mother of God!!

 

No Chohwa!!

 

Donghae oppa looked nervous. He must have thought he'd change the topic but he instead dug deeper:

- Chohwa, forget that and tell me, where did you go last night?

 

That was my chance to turn the tables:

- She was with me

She stared at me with icy eyes. Let's see it to the end!!

 

What the heck is he thinking?

- And what did you do?

Naughty Rob enquired:

- We had a luxurious dinner and?

And what you fruitcake??

- And we had our first kiss

Goddamn you Kim YoungWoon!!

 

Oh my god!!

 

My head spun. I only had one thought; I had to leave that place before I lose my mind.

 

I wasn't the type of person to be trapped in the sudden confession and I was way too upset about their prank I couldn't endure anymore. Heechul uttered the perfect words to make me lose my sanity.

- So you had one kiss from Kangin and one from Yesung. They're even!

- Psh!! The kiss you saw that day wasn't our first kiss. Yesung oppa kissed me before. And as a boyfriend, it was my first kiss ever

 

What is she trying to do??

 

What is she trying to do??

 

- What is that supposed to mean?

Kyuhyun asked

- Well, I only had one kiss before. My forever first kiss was Robert's

 

Ya!! Silly bag!!

 

- You said you never dated!!

Puzzled Henry asked. I nodded

- We never did. I was 22 and never had my first kiss. Since you all know the only two guys I knew were Dr. Andrew and Robert. We were a bit drunk talking about our troubles and crying and he kissed me.

- What the hell!!

That was typically Siwon

- After that Yesung kissed me so officially Yesung is my first kiss

 

Is she trying to punish me for saying what I said?

 

I simply stared at her. What is she trying to convey by saying those words? I couldn't fathom her. I never could.

 

- So what are you exactly alluding at?

Leeteuk questioned

- Nothing. I'm just stating facts. Yesung oppa was my first kiss and you might not believe it but he's a very good kisser.

- Chohwa!!

Kangin shouted at me. He was getting mad but not madder than I was even though I kept my tone down.

- What? He kissed better than you oppa!!

- Chohwa!!

- I'm not trying to state anything by saying this. On the contrary, I'm saying all this in front of you guys because I'm planning to accept SeungHo's proposal.

 

What's wrong with her?

 

- So you mean to date SeungHo?

I asked her clenching my fist

- Yup I do

That pang of pain; that familiar pang of pain she sends through me intentionally with that icy look. I hated her that moment. As much as I loved her, I hated her.

 

The director called me aside

- What are you trying to do? Don't you know that this might ruin the show?

- Why? The audience can curse me all they want for being a player. It won't affect the rates. It might even help to have a little controversy.

- Chohwa!! We're editing that out so you better shape up

 

That wasn't my day at all. The director came right after me to announce the guest arriving

- So as I informed you before, the guest is arriving today. She'll be spending three days with us so show me your best

- She?

We all echoed

- Yes she's a she. Ah!! A hint before I go, she has someone she likes here. Do your best guys!!

- Great!! We'll have another love story here

Heechul's comment wasn't at all welcomed.

 

I've seen boring people in my life but never as boring as Mr. Headcase. He's driving me nuts.

- Sir!!

I bobbed my head into the room

- What?

- Let's go have lunch

- Go on your own

Chincha!!

- I don't know Seoul

- Ask around

I'll end up killing him!!

- I don't like to eat alone

- Take one of the team

Shall it be a gun or a knife?

- I'm bluntly asking you out?

 

If I have my wits around me still, that girl doesn't. She basically dumbfounded me

- What do you mean?

- I'm asking you for lunch. I want to treat you once what's the big deal?

And I was thinking!! I'm losing my mind really!!

 

Why is looking at me like this? No way he thought!!

- Boss!!

- What?

- You didn't have strange thoughts, did you?

- What thoughts?

Avoiding eye contact, shaking his leg and tapping on the table. He did have strange thoughts.

- If you don't want to forget it

- Let's have lunch

That's my boy!!

 

We prepared lunch and waited for the mysterious her. I was nervous because she'd share a room with me. I wished she'd be a nice guest. Please not SNSD!!

The director announced her arrival. With tension in the air, she walked in. as our eyes lay on her we fell into a deadly silence then turned and looked at Leeteuk oppa who stared with jaw dropped. The guest was none but Leeteuk's partner in We Got Married; the real crush he never admitted but never moved on; Kang So Ra.

Kang So Ra was one of my favourite actresses and I personally liked her. The members also liked her and it was obvious who she liked. I was worried about Leader though.

 

She walked in and shook my whole existence just like she did years ago. I didn't even imagine it'd be her. And I was baffled. I couldn't even greet her. I stared at the empty blankness.

 

We spent the whole evening chatting with her trying to decrease the tension but to no avail. We had to think of a plan.

 

We lay ready to sleep when So Ra asked me:

- Does Leeteuk oppa have someone?

- Not that I know of

- I see. Good night

Good luck friend!!

*******************