Slowly

Unforeseen Harmony

 

NARRATOR

 

Luhan lay flat on his bed, a silly smile plastered on his face. He would occasionally chuckle to himself, like a man high on drugs.

His eyes wandered off to the window, and his eyes lit up. “Maybe I could just wait, it’s still early.”

He darted off to the window, setting up a chair and plopping his elbows on the arm rest. A contented smile replaced his silly smile.

“If only Nara could hear this girl’s voice… I wonder what she would think of? Would she think of me oddly, if ever she knows this hobby of mine?” He bit his lower lip, little creases forming on his head.

 

Nara happily skipped inside the unit, a smile lingering on his lips. But then, the familiar atmosphere engulfed her joy. A melancholic feeling hit her, as always.

“Why does this place bring me… down so much?” She mumbled, carefully removing her coat and placing her things down.

This place was indeed dear to her. It reminds her of him, and how she should be blamed. Her spirit mourns with every step in this place. Pain runs up her system with every single second. But that pain… that pain is her only remembrance of his presence.

“I’d rather live painfully every single day than forget you. I deserve this, Oppa. I took your life away.” She whispered as she opened the windows with glassy eyes.

 

Daehyun paced back and forth outside Nara’s office. The waiting area was large enough for him to walk endlessly with. A sigh escaped his lips as he finally decided to sit on one of the couches.

“Why am I even bothered?”

“Good Morning!” Nara cheerfully greeted him, and he jolted up in surprise. She giggled, shaking her head. “Sorry, I never thought you’d be that surprised.”

Daehyun couldn’t help but smile. “It’s fine. You’re… sunny today.”

“And you’re early.” She stuck her tongue out and walked to her office. He followed behind, chuckling to himself.

 

“N…Nara-sshi…” He fiddled with his fingers. She was preparing cups of coffee for the both of them. “Hmm?”

He shut his eyes for a brief moment before replying. “Are you… in a relationship with… with the heir of Xi Corporation? I.. I don’t mean to pry..”

She laughed, and that caught him off guard.

“Luhan Ge is an Oppa to me. We’re friends.”

He nodded understandingly, yet curiosity was killing him in the inside.

“But, because we often hang out, the media mistook us as lovers. So we were asked by our fathers to pretend date publicly. It’s good publicity… and to kill the rumors too. You know, business has its schemes.” She shrugged.

He exhaled, like a weight lifted off his shoulders. “Really?” He didn’t do it on purpose, but his tone sounded joyful. Nara nodded and sat across him. “Really.”

 

“Hey you.”

Nara looked up from the papers she was reading, one of her perfectly-shaped brows were raised. “Oh, Panda Gege!” A grin plastered on her face as she stood up and attacked Tao with a hug.

Tao rolled his eyes and pulled her away. She smiled innocently. “What brings you here? You should be busy with your company’s new product, I assume?”

He twitched his lip and retrieved her coat from the hanger. “Poor me, really. Few days agao my beloved cousin was single, now she’s taken. By my Hyung, worst.” He faked a sob, glancing at her.

Nara chuckled sweetly and encircled her arms on his. “Awee, the panda missed me. Where are we going? Barbecue?”

He smiled and opened the door. “Out. With the boys. They’re dying to see you again.”

 

“AAAAAAAAAAAAAH NARAAA!” Xiumin gushed as he opened the door to his flat. Lay rolled his eyes from the couch, while Chen pretended to choke on his drink.

Kris was just sitting there, unbothered.

Nara hugged the bun back, stifling her laughter. “By them practically dying to see me, I guess you meant Xiumin Gege?” She asked Tao.

Tao just shrugged and left for the kitchen.

“Hey Chen Ge, Yi Xing Ge, Kris Ge.” She greeted as she entered the flat. Xiumin followed her with a big grin on his face. “Hey Na, come sit here.” Lay looked up and tapped the seat beside him. She gladly scooted beside him.

Chen nodded his head at her. Kris looked up. “Hello Nara.”

“I feel honored hearing a greeting from you, Kris Ge.” She beamed back.

Kris chuckled lightly. “You make me look like a cold hearted at that comment.”

“Why? It’s not like you aren’t one.” Chen retorted, earning him a death glare. Lay snorted as if he didn’t notice Kris’ expression. “Not just a cold hearted at that case, but a grandpa with no friends or life.”

Chen stifled his laughter as he high-fived Lay.

Kris pressed his lips into a thin line. “I’m not fighting with you guys.”

“That’s because you all know it’s true, duizhang.” Lay stuck his tongue out. Chen nodded as he clapped his hands together. “Yeah, right! You know too well you’re forever alone!”

“I’m not.” Kris seethed, acting cool.

Nara sat there, amused. “Kris Ge is forever alone?”

Kris’ head snapped up. “No. I’m not forever alone.” He explained.

“He totally is!” Xiumin danced inside the room with a bowl of popcorn.

Kris shot him a glare. “No, I’m just…”

“Just forever alone.” Tao walked in and smiled at the others. Kris sighed helplessly. “I. am. Not. Forever. Alone.”

“You are.” The boys all said in unison. Kris stood from his seat with creases on his forehead. “I am not, and I’ll prove you guys wrong.” He seethed and exited the room.

Laughter exploded just then.

“Don’t you think you pissed him off?” Nara mumbled, a little worried.

Tao waved his hand off. “Nah, duizhang forgets like an old man. Tomorrow he won’t even remember this.” The others nodded in agreement. She shrugged and looked around. “Where’s Luhan Ge?”

“He’s your boyfriend. You should know.” Chen answered back. She reddened and hung her head low. “We’re just pretending….”

“Yeah, pretending.” Lay echoed, winking at Chen.

She looked up and sent Lay daggers. “We really are!”

“No one said you weren’t. Calm down.” Xiumin shrugged.

Tao chuckled. “You make me suspicious, Na.”

“Shut up.”

“Really. You’re blushing.”

“Shut up.”

“Your eyes are dreamy…”

“Shut up, Ge.”

“And you’re blooming these days…”

“Ge, shut up.”

“And well, you—“

“Shut up.” The pillow landed straight at Tao’s face. He winced immediately. “Ya Kim Nara! I’m still your Gege! You don't do that to me!”

She grinned and stuck her tongue out. “I love you.”

“I hate you.” He whined back, rubbing his sore cheek.

“You two really belong to the same family.” Chen mumbled, moving away.

 

“I’m here.” Luhan yawned as he stepped in Xiumin’s flat. The sun was just setting, and he was dead tired.

“Ge!”

He looked up, baffled. His heart skipped a beat. “Nara?”

“Hey, you’re here.” She smiled at him.

He nodded reluctantly. “I’m here… uh yeah I am. Why are you here?”

“The panda brought me here.” She shrugged. “They’re in the living room. Come!” She beamed and dragged him there. He was still on a daze, his eyes wide. “Oh, uh, okay.”

“Hey Deer.”

“Hey Lulu.”

“Yo Ge.”

Luhan sat across Lay and looked around the room. “Where’s duizhang.”

“He stromed out earlier. Pissed for being forever alone.” Ta nonchalantly mumbled as he chewed on his chips. Luhan clucked his tongue. “You guys messed with him again?”

“We did, it was so much fun!” Xiumin giggled.

Nara shifted in her set and just listened. Luhan’s eyes landed at her, and a smile tugged on his lips. He examined her until those words unconsciously escaped his lips.

“Na, let's go out.

She looked up. “Eh?”

“Uh... You’re my girlfriend, I should take you out on dates. Let’s go.” He stood up and grabbed her wrist. The boys looked up, also baffled. “Bold move, deer.” Chen snickered.

He reddened a little and glared at Chen. “It’s… for the publicity. Let’s go, Na.”

Nara nodded hesitantly and kissed Tao’s Cheek. “Okay.. Uh, I’ll get going Ge. Bye Geges!”

Tao frowned, drilling holes on Luhan’s back. “You better take care of my cousin, Ge! Or else I’ll chop your limbs off with my samurai!”

Luhan rolled his eyes. “I will. We’ll get going! Bye!”

 

“Ya.”

Nara ignored Luhan and walked ahead the streets. She crossed her arms across her chest and nonchalantly looked at the shops.

Luhan rolled his eyes inwardly and caught up with her fast pace. “Na? You mad?”

Again, he was ignored.

“Na, where do you want to eat?” He chimed, hopping beside her. Nara twitched her lip as if she heard nothing. Luhan sighed dramatically and held her wrist.

She turned to look at him with that emotionless façade.

“Did I do something wrong?” He mumbled, not letting go. She eyed his grip on her and suppressed her smile. “So you can just drag me anywhere now?”

He looked up, astonishment on his face. “You… you really didn’t want to go out with me?” He blinked innocently.

“What if I don’t? What can you do about it?” She added, her voice monotonous.

Luhan let go of her hesitantly and fumbled with his car keys on his coat pocket. “I… I can send you back if you want.”

Her lips tugged into a mischievous grin as she looked at him. “Ge.”

“And I can call Tao to pick you up on the lobby…” He continued, texting with his fingers. Nara stepped in front of him and grinned. “Luhan Ge.”

“I thought you wanted to go out…” He mumbled.

She bit her lip as she smiled. “I was just messing around with you.”

“What?” He focused on her face.

She giggled, poking his chest. “I was just joking arou—Oh!”

In a matter of seconds Luhan had encircled his arms on her waist, pulling her closer. Her eyes widened, and her hands carefully held his chest to keep him from getting closer. “Y…yah.”

“Don’t do that ever again.” He whispered, finally letting go. He smirked to hiself as he walked ahead.

Nara stood there, a hand clutched on her heart. *What was that?*

Luhan smiled to himself. “Ya! Are you coming or what?” He hollered a few meters ahead of her. She woke up from her daze and caught up with him. “Wait!”

 

 

________________________________