Warning

Unforeseen Harmony

NARRATOR

 

Daehyun flinched as he saw some articles about the Xi-Kim relationship. Luhan and Nara looked so close and happy in the pictures. They were all smiles.

He wondered; is this stll a fake relationship, or is it real?

After all, it was evident. He loves her. It wouldn’t be that hard for her to love him too.

His grip on his glass tightened. He should be the one holding her hand. He should be the one getting the girl. He should be the happy one.

But because his fate says otherwise, he has no choice.

He has to be a different man. Damn it.

*That Jung Daehyun is dead. That Jung Daehyun is dead.* He reminded himself, trying to get rid of the clenching in his heart. If he needs to get this done, then he has to be numb.

Like a rock who doesn't give a damn at all.

“Sir?” The door to his secret office opened. One of his uncle’s goons, now his goon, entered. He had a big rifle hanging on his shoulder.

He nodded at him. “Is it ready?”

“It is.”

He nodded again and let him out. He sighed and closed his eyes briefly. “I hope this serves as another message. Stop investigating, Xi Luhan. Just stop.”

He was only doing his job. He was also holding on to his life.

 

“The raids are arranged to happen today?” Tao inquired. Luhan nodded as he wildy tapped the screen to his phone. He was busy— busy seeking for justice.

Tao walked around Luhan’s office and heaved a deep sigh. “I’ll tell Nara you’re busy, Ge. Be strong, we’re here for you.” With that the maknae exited the room.

Luhan exhaled and bit his lip. “I hope everything ends today.”

He stood up and got his coat. Then, the Xi heir also exited the building, his heart wildly beating with nervousness and hope.

 

Several police cars surrounded the Jung building. Two raids were happening all at once. At the company bulding, and at the Jung estate.

Luhan was with the team assigned to the Jung estate. He fiddled with his coat as police cars parked outside.

“Sir you can wait here.”

“No, I’ll… come in.” He sternly replied. The officer reluctantly looked at him. “This is for safety purposes, Young Master Xi. We can’t let you come in.”

Luhan stayed glued to the ground, his jaw clenched. Lines of officers enetered the place one by one, and soon he was left outside to think. He felt useless.

The house looked like there was no one residing in it though.

Minutes passed, one of the dispatch sounded. He turned around at the police officer beside him.

“What did they say?” He asked, urgency in his voice.

He looked at Luhan, uncertainty on his eyes. “They… abandoned the house, Sir.”

“.” Luhan cursed and slipped in his car, off to the raid happening at the company building. He stepped on the gas harder, anxiousness eating him whole.

 

“Na.”

Nara looked up from her papers. Tao was standing before her, his countenance not really well. “What happened?”

“Luhan Ge’s busy. The raids are happening today.”

Her lips parted. “Today? Then Daehyun…”

“We’ll find out today if he has something to do with it, Na. Don’t worry.”

She nodded and managed a small smile. “I’m worrying for Luhan Gege.”

Tao bit his lip. “This is all too much for him, Na. Bear with him.”

“I know. I hope this ends soon.”

 

Luhan’s forehead creased at the amount of police cars swarming the outside of the building. Employees were talking to each other, unsure of what’s happening. Luhan stepped out of his car and approached the officer nearest to him.

“What happened? Did they find the elder Jung? The nephew?”

The officer seemed baffled when Luhan suddenly appeared beside him. “Young Master! Uh… they had a search a while ago. The elder apparently resigned from his position and transferred all his company stocks to his nephew. Several stockholders already withdrew with no clear reason. The nephew took a leave, and his whereabouts is currently unknown.”

“Who’s handling the company as of now?”

“The stockholders left assigned a person. We are going to hold an investigation on each one of the stockholders, Young Master.”

Luhan’s forehead creased more. This is not good, he thought. He needed the Jungs, not some other stockholders.

“Please do everything that you can.” He nodded and walked to his car, his mind clouded with negative thoughts.

They ran away, he thought.

“They can’t. I’m going to find them.” He hissed through gritted teeth and slipped in his car once more. He was about to drive away when his phone vibrated on his pocket.

“Young Master?”

“What?” He asked his secretary. He was in no time to think about work now, he was busy with the case of his mother. He needs to give an end to all this.

“I’m sorry to interrupt but this is—“

“Just say it.”

“The… the Incheon warehouse was bombed.”

 

 

 

__________________________________________

Sorry for the hiatus. I ran out of chappies, and I couldn't seem to write proper ones.

Okay, I was short of ideas. It was all planned, but then it all went wrong.

Forgive me. Sorry if this is too late. Too late. Huhuu

I'm really sorry.