Helpless

Unforeseen Harmony

NARRATOR

 

 

Nara’s heart was pounding faster and faster with every step that she took. The abandoned warehouse seemed to cliché for tragedies, but no way would she allow a tragedy to happen at that moment.

“Save Luhan Gege, and all will be fine.” She muttered to relax herself, but tears were already lining her cheek that she had to shut her eyes to stop them.

The thought of Luhan hurt her like hell. She couldn’t comprehend why, but maybe that was what being in love felt. Maybe, that was what being really in love felt like.

I don’t regret anything.

“Ge?” She wanted to call out, but it escaped her lips in a whisper.

She pushed a wooden plank that covered what seemed to be the entrance and took her first steps inside. Her breathing was heavy, just like her heart. Her fists were clenched and her guard up.

Her eyes scanned the empty inside when a small creaking caught her attention. Immediately, her head turned to the direction of the small noise. The place looked empty, but deep inside she knew it wasn’t just some abandoned warehouse.

It felt different.

 

“I’m not going to prolong this hiding game, especially if it’s a fragile and pretty girl. Hello, Young Miss Kim.”

“You.” She breathed out, as the elder Jung walked out some door, together with his goons surrounding the place in an instant. She froze in her spot, but her eyes were sharp. “Where is he?” She hissed, her jaw clenched.

“Are you talking about the Xi heir, or my nephew? I’m pretty sure you’ve been fooling around the two both at the same time, right?” The elder Jung smirked, his words heavily stained with venomous amusement.

“Quit it. Just let them go. How could you even do this to your own nephew? How could you kill an innocent woman, and now her so-“

A shriek stopped her. Her eyes widened when Daehyun came out of the same door, between two tall men. He was sweating profusely, with bruises and a bleeding lip. One of the men hit his back and he shrieked again.

“D-dae…”

“Let me teach you a simple lesson, Young Miss. Life is cruel. Adaptation is necessary. Getting rid of excess weight is necessary.”

“And you do that by getting rid of your own nephew? Your own blood? You sick bastard!”

She waited for his response. She waited for maybe a blow from one of his goons but instead he was composed, still smirking at her. She gave him a long glare before looking at Daehyun.

“Dae, are you… still awake?” She tried to go nearer to him, but one of the men threatened her with a gun.

“No!” Daehyun screamed, and Nara stepped back.

“Nara, why did you come?!” He exasperatedly cried, his eyes barely open from the bruises. “Please samchon, just let her go. Leave her out of this. Please just… leave her alone. Please.”

That was when the tears started streaming down his face.

 

“I…is Luhan Gege here?” She whispered, but for the elder Jung it was perfectly audible.

He smiled contentedly. “Yes, in fact, he’s ecstatic to see you. Bring him out.”

She couldn’t utter a word. Her eyes got blurry and her legs weak. If Daehyun looked bad, Luhan was worse. He was barely recognizable with all the blood and bruises covering his face.

“Ge!” She cried as she ran to his place. One of the men slapped her and she fell face first on the cement. Luhan groaned, and Daehyun gasped.

“You fcking bastard!” Luhan seethed, and immediately he got a blow on his face. He spit out blood and narrowed his eyes. “You think the constant beating can kill me that easily, huh?!”

“Let them go, Uncle! They did not do anything!” Daehyun shouted. “Stop being like this! Please, just stop. As your nephew, I am begging you.”

“Shut up, you are not my nephew.”

“Now you disown me? Good! I never wanted you as an uncle! You’re a fcking !”

“You’re adopted, you little piece of . I am not related to you in any way. Your parents were stupid whiny es that got you in a small orphanage. Stop whining like a , you should be the one thanking me.”

“Bastard.”

Luhan looked at Nara who was being still. She knew someone was coming, she wasn’t dumb. In no time, the others would be searching for her too, and her secretary knew where she was meaning to go.

They would be saved, hopefully.

 

“Now, Young Miss Kim, because you’re here, I want you to witness this magnificent event. Boys, bring him here.”

She watched as they dragged Luhan’s almost lifeless body beside the elder man, but what did not miss her eyes was the other men pouring gasoline over the surroundings of the building.

 

A pair of strong arms locked hers, and she fought. But they were too strong she ended up being tied to a chair, with Luhan kneeling in front of her, and Daehyun not far from her. Both men were tied too.

The elder Jung stood on the exit door, the smirk never leaving his face. He raised his hand flicked a lighter, its flame small but threatening.

 

“Let’s do this quickly, shall we?”

 

 

 

 

_________________________________________

I know. Why did she even bother to update after months of nothing?!

....sorry.

huhuhu