Sacrifice (part II)

Unforeseen Harmony

NARRATOR

 

“Quick, Na! Get to them and tell them we got Daehyun trapped inside!”

Nara’s eyes widened when he turned to leave. “Gege, wait!”

He turned around as she held his arm. “W-where are you going?”

“I’m going back for Daehyun. Wait for the police to arrive and tell them help is needed, okay?”

She nodded and felt her hold on his arm get tighter. “P-Please, be safe.”

He felt his heart ache at the sight of her crumbling to pieces. With one quick motion, he pulled her into his arms. He planted a kiss on her forehead and briefly closed his eyes. “I… love you.” He whispered.

Before she could reply he already turned away and ran back to the building.

She stood there on the street, alone and broken. “I can’t lose you, Gege.”

 

 

Tires screeched against the asphalt road.

The police and firemen quickly went out of their vehicles. The boys ran to Nara who was using the little strength she had left to stand up.

“Na! Are you okay?!” Tao embraced Nara tightly, while she stumbled on his arms. He supported her weight and lifted her head up. She was trembling when she spoke. “Luhan Gege, he went back inside to save Daehyun. He’s trapped inside the building.”

“They’re a-already going inside. They’ll be fine.” Kris tried to say, but he himself stuttered with the fear that he might be wrong.

 

Luhan exhaled with relief as the firemen caught up with him. “Someone’s still inside!”

“Get back to the safe zone, sir. We’re on it.”

Luhan nodded as the policemen assisted him back to the safe zone. He was about to go with them willingly but he remembered the elder Jung. He quickly shrugged off their hold on his shoulders as he ran back to the burning building.

“Young Master Xi!” The voices echoed as they called for him and chased him, but he ran as fast as he could towards the back where he last saw the vans parked.

 

 

“There! Get them!” He screamed as the three black vans started its engines and prepared to leave. The police quickly shot the tires, but one van got its way out. It was already careening away.

Luhan cursed and grabbed a gun from one of the policemen, shooting hastily at the van. He managed to hit one tire and it screeched to a halt. The moment seemed to stop as the van remained still. 

Then, the gunfire began.

 

“Young Master Xi, please get back there. We got this.” An officer ushered him and pushed him towards a police vehicle. Luhan stiffened as he watched the van being raided by police officers. Goons one by one walked out, but the elder Jung was nowhere to be seen.

“He’s not here…” He whispered to himself. Just as he wondered he saw a figure running at the back of the building, a mere shadow hastily running away.

“Wait, did you see that?”

“I’ll let an officer usher you there, Young Master. Please.”

“O-Okay.”

The officer called another man and gave him instructions. Luhan quickly took the opportunity and ran back to the front of the building, taking the path away from the burning building. When he was out of sight he grabbed the gun one goon accidentally threw when an officer hit him in the back for trying to fight back. He felt the trigger on his fingers as he ran back to the alley.

He was not going to let him off that easily.

“Seems like it’s time for payback.”

The elder Jung quickly stopped running, frozen on his spot. Luhan aimed the gun at his head and felt the rush of anger and vengeance shooting on every vein in his body.

The old man his heel and smiled at Luhan. “Wow, you must’ve been waiting for this moment to come, Xi Luhan.”

“Oh you don’t know how much I want to see your head being blown off.”

An amused chuckle escaped the old man’s lips. “You can’t pull the trigger. You can’t do it.”

“Oh, you think?” He could already feel the rush of energy concentrating on his index finger that was just centimeters away from the trigger.

“You’re too innocent.”

Luhan smiled, tilting his head to the side. “Who said I am going to kill you?”

“W-What?”

“I am.” Daehyun spat out before the old man could turn his head around to face him. Daehyun pressed his lips together and finally pulled the trigger.

The elder Jung’s eyes widened as he looked at the bullet bury itself on his leg. He managed a laugh and fell on the cemented floor, coughing as the pain in his leg grew even more.

“You couldn’t even aim at my head, Daehyun-ah?” He chuckled, a chuckle that seemed to be so absurd because he was in immense pain. Blood wa spilling out of his leg as he crouched over the growing pool.

Daehyun looked down on him and smiled. “I could, but death in prison suits you more, samchon-ah.”

“Y-you filthy bastard!”

Daehyun felt his lip twitch. His next words were smeared with venom.

 

“Of course, you trained me.”

 

 

__________________________________________________

 

 

Merry Christmas!