We Meet Again

Unforeseen Harmony

 

NARRATOR

 

“Wakey wakey!” Jaejoong barged in Nara’s room, a big grin plastered on his face. Nara did not even move from her position. She was soundly asleep, curled under her thick comforter.

Jaejoong smiled slyly before pulling the comforter off. And within seconds, she shuddered with the sudden coolness hitting her body. After all, her thin pajamas and tank top won’t help. “Oppa!” She shrieked, kicking nowhere. Jaejoong let out an amused chuckle. “Dad wants you to come to the monthly BOD meeting.”

She scrunched her nose before burying her face in the pillow. “I don’t want to.” Her muffled complain can be heard. Jaejoong shrugged and exited the room. “We all know you can’t disobey. See you there~”

When the door closed, she sat up. Her brows furrowed for a second. “Why can’t I refuse? Oh right, because I’m Kim Nara the good girl.” She rolled your eyes and groggily walked to the bathroom.

 

Luhan hopped inside his father’s office, munching on his bagel.

“What got you so hyped today, son?” His father chuckled, giving him a teasing look. “Have a date? Girlfriend? Oh I’d be pleased if you could bring her here an—“

“Papa, I don’t have a girlfriend.” He frowned, trying to focus instead on the food wrapped around his long fingers.

His father let out a hearty chuckle. “Well, you could always get one~”

“You make it sound like getting a new car or something.” He grumbled, plopping on the black leather couch. Mr. Xi smiled warmly at his son. After his wife died, he vowed to be the best father he can be. Judging from their close relationship, he was doing a great job.

Luhan caught his father’s stare. “Pa, you’re melting me.”

Mr. Xi looked away, the smile still lingering on his face. “You’ve grown up, Han. So… any news?”

Luhan chuckled lightly and passed the invites to his father. “Kris’ company is hosting a charity auction this Saturday. And the business proposal they sent… have you read it?”

“I did. It’s… impressive. I’ll try to settle things soon. And yes son, I’ll see you at that auction. Bring a date! I’m looking forward to seeing you with a gorgeous girl.”  He winked.

Luhan groaned and walked out his father’s office. “Seriously pa, I’ll have a girlfriend when time comes! I promise to give you adorable grandchildren.” He joked, before finally exiting the room.

“I’m counting on that!” His dad hollered.

 

Daehyun shifted his weight on his other foot. He had been standing out the Kim Corporation building for a while now, waiting for his uncle.

“Dae.” A deep voice startled him. He turned his head and there was his uncle, nodding at him. They entered together, guided by the director’s secretary itself.

 

“Last week we signed a contract with Jung Enterprises for this new model. Today, we will be meeting Mr. Jung himself.”

The door to the gigantic conference room opened, and Daehyun followed behind his Uncle. Everybody exchanged greetings, politeness. You shook Mr. Jung’s hand, introducing yourself.

“You have a very beautiful wife, Director Kim.” Mr. Jung complimented. Jaejoong chuckled, sending you a disdained look. “She’s my sister, she works here too.”

“Oh, my mistake, sorry. This is my nephew, Jung Daehyun. He’s training to be CEO.” Mr. Jung stepped aside, and Daehyun introduced himself. His eyes twinkled at the sight of Nara. He wasn’t the type to be observant, but all throughout the meeting his eyes would wander to her place.

*She seems so… interesting.* He noted, his brows furrowed.

 

“Let’s have lunch with the Oppas, shall we?” Nara batted her lashes at her brother, who looked away immediately. “Don’t use that look on me, Na.”

She walked away and slumped on his office’s black leather couch. “Then I’ll just ask Tao Ge to take me out.”

Jaejoong shot her a pointed look. “So you’re going to bother our cousin now?”

“That Chinese dude hasn’t been showing up to me for weeks now. I’m going to grill him.” She laughed, her eyes staring at nothing in particular. Jaejoong shook his head, amused. “And he’s going to wushu you to death if you do.”

She stood up and dusted lint off her dress. “Hmm, I’ll get going since you’re refusing to treat your beautiful sister a simple meal. Bye, Oppa. Love you!”

Jaejoong rolled his eyes at the hint of sarcasm. He looked at your retreating figure and chuckled to himself.

 

“Hey Lulu, you’re here! Did you bring anything? Buns, particularly?” Xiumin grinned, throwing a pillow straight at Luhan’s face. He playfully threw it back, hitting Xiumin’s face as well. “Take that. And no, I’m empty-handed.”

Tao walked in the room with his wushu stick. His grin was wide, his fingers carefully wrapped around the middle of the stick.

Chen straightened on his seat. “Woah, woah. Put that away, Huang Zi Tao.” Tao goofily smiled. “Why? I just want to hold it.”

“Last time you wanted to hold it, you ended up breaking all ornaments on my house. Get rid of that.” Luhan rolled his eyes, making Tao pout and place the stick down.

Chen exhaled. “Thanks Deer.”

They were again staying at the usual place, Xiumin’s flat.

“Where’s Kris and Lay?” Luhan inquired, noticing absence. Tao shrugged, still looking at his wushu stick mournfully. “Still at work, I guess.”

Tao’s phone began buzzing. He fished it out his coat pocket.

The boys’ eyes rounded as Tao conversed with someone on the phone. He was unusually happy, joking and… a little mature. Just a little.

“Who was that?”

“Nara. I’m going now, she needs company.” Tao saluted and jogged out. The boys chuckled. “He really transforms to this brother material when it comes to his cousin.” Chun murmured, his chin with amusement.

Xiumin smiled like a retard to himself, his eyes boring into space. “I wonder what she looks like. I bet she’s hot.”

Luhan shook his head at what he heard. “Why don’t we follow Tao? I’m starving.”

The others brightened. “Sure!”

Xiumin whistled. “Finally meeting that mysterious cousin~ Please be hot. Be hot…” And that earned him a smack on his head.

 

“Ya, you wushu panda! You haven’t been meeting me.” Nara chided, lightly slapping Tao’s shoulder. He winced, moving a good meter away. “We both know I need to work, you pig.”

“And you panda, I’m straving. So let’s grab something to eat!” Nara jumped and encircled her arm around his. Tao chuckled and ruffled her hair.

They both pranced towards the resto.

“Taoooo! Ya Huang Zi Taooo!” Xiumin called out, literally hopping. Tao’s ears perked up, as well as Nara’s. He his heel. “G…gege?”

Chen lowered his head in embarrassment and Luhan just pretended to look away as Xiumin giddily hopped towards Tao like a child, shouting. The two followed behind, cursing under their breaths. Xiumin was indeed attracting attention, and by that meant weird glances.

“Your friends, Ge?” Nara asked.

Chen flashed you his adorable smile. Xiumin took your hand and shook it. Luhan smiled crookedly. Her head instinctively tilted upon seeing his face.

“You…”

“We met yesterday, at the car park.” Luhan finished, biting his lower lip. “But I didn’t know you were Tao’s cousin…”

The boys looked at both quizzically. “Oh, yeah. This panda right here is my cousin. I’m Kim Nara. Thank you for yesterday.” She beamed, always the sunny girl.

Luhan’s eyes twinkled. “And I’m Lu—“

“I’m Xiumin.” Xiumin took Nara’s hand again before Luhan could finish, shaking it fervently. He flashed his cheeky grin. She chuckled at his cuteness. “Hello Xiumin-sshi.”

“I’m Chen.” Chen nodded politely. She couldn’t help but smiled back at his angelic smile.

Luhan cleared his throat loudly after shooting Xiumin a death glare.

“Well, I’m Luhan, as I was saying. Xi Luhan.”

They locked gazes, smiling meaningfully at each other. “Hello, Luhan-sshi.”

Luhan's big doe eyes stared back at hers. As if there was some kind of identity hidden on those eyes, that he himself was very familiar with.

As if he knew something.

 

Tao began whining. “I’m really hungry, so if you guys mind, let’s go inside!” He pleaded. Nara chuckled and again slapped his arm. “Now you’re the pig.”

“Whatever, as long as I get to eat.” Tao mumbled.

 

 

_______________________________________________________

:) hehe second chap. I'd love to hear from you guys :>