Harmony

Unforeseen Harmony

 

Five Years Later

 

Luhan downed the contents of his wine glass in seconds. He sighed and looked at his Rolex. He had been waiting for Nara several minutes now, and his patience was running out. It wasn’t because he was impatient; it was because he wanted to be with her so badly. Maybe he was impatient, but only if it concerned her.

He looked around the dinner hall and sighed. People were already showing up.

“Ya deer. What’s with the frown?” Kris socked his shoulder and he scrunched his nose in response. “Nara. She’s still not here.”

Kris rolled his eyes. “You do realize the dinner is still in about 15 minutes, right?”

“I know. It’s just…”

“I know. You’re one smitten .” Kris replied and tapped his shoulder. “I gotta go now. I need to prepare my speech.”

Luhan smiled genuinely at his friend. “I’m really happy for you, Yi Fan.”

“Yeah whatever.”

 

“Ge! It’s cold out here.” Nara chided as she got out of the black limo. Luhan was standing outide the venue, looking at her with those soft brown eyes. A smile tugged on her lips, he was too handsome. 

He escorted her inside and kissed her temple as soon as they got inside the hall.

She chuckled at his frown. “Have you been waiting for a while now?”

“I told you I’d pick you up.” He said and poked her nose. Nara giggled and planted a kiss on his cheek. “I needed to go with my family. Anyway, let’s go. The dinner is starting.”

He planted one last kiss on her forehead and reached out his hand to her. “Hold my hand, love.”

 

Chen, Lay, Tao, Xiumin, Nara and Luhan were in one round table. The boys were all clad in their tuxedos, while Nara was elegant in her gown. Tao was frowning because apparently, Chen ate his dessert. Chen was unfazed with his whining and ignored him completely.

Lay was looking around for what he called his prey for the night. Xiumin was talking with Luhan about an upcoming soccer match and Nara was just waiting for the announcement to happen. She was getting bored. She looked over to her brother who was on another table, flirting with two girls. She inwardly sighed. I hope he gets married already. He's getting cranky every day, she thought.

“Hey Na, I hear your brother’s taking over the overseas operations, and now you’re CEO of the Seoul branch?” Xiumin winked at her. She smiled and flipped her hair mockingly. “Well… I can’t deny my… skills in the business field.”

“What an arrogant pig.” Tao stuck his tongue out.

She stuck hers back at him. “Just because you successfully took over that Chinese conglomerate doesn’t mean you can annoy me anytime you want, panda. I can eat your desserts anytime, so be careful.”

“It won’t be me and you if we don’t annoy each other, baby girl.” Tao threw her a flying kiss to which she dodged. “Give that kiss to someone else. Find a girlfriend you prick.”

“I just hate you so much.” He grunted. Anyway, I actually feel that I will meet her soon.” Tao smiled dreamily.

Luhan chuckled and shook his head. “That’s just a feeling, Tao. Well, at least another one of us is getting married soon.”

Xiumin clapped at the mention of it. “Right. The one we didn’t expect to marry so soon.”

“And with the most unexpected girl, too.” Chen added, his chin.

Lay shrugged and looked at each one of them with a smile. “Well, look where we are now.”

 

The music stopped and Kris came up the platform. Eyes turned to the dragon as he cleared his throat. Even though he was in the middle of a supposed to be joyful event, his face was still…. emotionless.

“Look at him! What a .” Lay joked. The others chuckled and shook their heads at Kris’ usual expression.

Kris stood at the platform and held the mic close to his mouth. “I welcome you all to this special event. Tonight, my life changes. I never thought this… moment would come but it did. I would like to announce to everybody… my engagement to my girlfriend, Chaerin.”

Chaerin walked up the stage and smiled brightly. She held Kris’ hand and surprisingly, the tiniest hint of a smile appeared on his face.

Applause filled the hall. Tao was crying, clapping his hands. “This is such a memorable event. I love you guys.” He sniffed.

Xiumin tried to quickly move away from him but unfortunately he was the first person Tao grabbed and pulled into a tight embrace. He sighed and glared at the tohers who were laughing at him.

“I guess it’s safe to say that we are getting older.” Chen mused.

Luhan nodded and pulled Nara closer to him. “And happier, too.”

 

The night breeze touched Nara’s skin as she leaned on the balcony. She smiled as she heard the familiar song she used to sing years ago, but now with Luhan's warm and beautiful voice.

The song ended and Luhan embraced her from behind, his head on her shoulder.

“I love you.” He whispered.

Nara turned around to face him. They were at his unit in New Songdo. The unit above, the one she used to visit, was already sold to another person. She figured that Minjun’s memory should not linger at a lone condo unit. She finally let Minjun free.

She was free from the past. Minjun may be gone, but she knew she will always remember him.

She knew she had to go on with her life. And she perfectly knew who she will be with in the journey.

She smiled touched the side of his face. “I love you too, Gege.”

Luhan tightened his hold on her waist and leaned in to feel her lips. She smiled against his lips and slowly placed her hands on his shoulders. She knew they were feeling the same thing— the feeling of contentment and happiness.

“You do know this place led me to you, right?” He chuckled and carried her to the bed. She yelped and chuckled as he lay her carefully. She played with his hair and nodded. “Destiny led me to you, Ge. If it wasn’t for you I wouldn’t be able to move on.”

“I guess we’re perfect for each other, then.” He giggled and planted kisses on her lips.

She closed her eyes and savored the moment. “Hmm. Like music.”

He looked at her with loving eyes and smiled. “Harmony.”

With that his lips met hers, and both of them knew it was time. It was time to let go of the past and move on with their future. The gold rings on their fingers affirmed that.

 

 

Soon they will be one. Forever.

 

 

 

____________________________________

 

I want to thank you all for reading this story. Thank you for subscribing. I also want to thank all those who comment, I love you.

I will miss this fic, because Luhan is my bias. This is also my firt shot at drama.

I hope you enjoyed. I did. :>

So again, thank you. Thank you for bearing with me and my late updates. I know I am not worth the subscribes and the upvotes. Sorry, and thank you! :) You're the best.

 

Anyway, I hope you check out my new fic with Kai, Lay, and Sehun.

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/947718/wild-one-comedy-romance-romcom-originalcharacter-exokai-exosehun-exolay