Sudden

Unforeseen Harmony

 

 

NARRATOR

 

“Dinner with the Oppas and Geges?” Nara sounded tired on the phone.

Tao nodded, as if she could see him. “Hmm-hmm. Do come.”

“Of course, I love samgyupsal.” She yawned.

Tao ranted for more minutes about random stuff before he finally hung up. Nara stretched her arms and got up, watching the view of the busy Seoul from her glass walls.

A light knocking came from her door, and she sighed. “Come in.”

“Hey Na.” Daehyun peeked in, smiling goofily. She grinned back. “Hey, what brings you here, Dae?”

Daehyun shrugged and sat across her. “Was bored.”

She chuckled. He smiled and gave her a box. “Donuts. I know you’re busy with another project. You need to eat well.” He sheepishly said, touching his nape.

Nara smiled genuinely and opened the box. “I really appreciate it, Dae. Let’s eat together!”

He jokingly pumped his fists on the air. “Yay, donuts!”

 

“He’s just… slow, Uncle.” Lay explained.

Mr. Xi shook his head with what he heard. “Oh, why is he like that?”

“I think he’s afraid of losing her friendship with her.”

Mr. Xi looked up and smiled at Lay. “I think I know what to do. I heard Jung enterprises booked a lunch affair with the Kims, right? It was publicized?”

Lay nodded hesitantly. He was nervous on what Mr. Xi was thinking.

“Good.” He called his secretary in. “Book me a private room in the restaurant the Jungs are eating in today. Call Luhan.”

Lay’s eyes widened. “Uncle…?”

Mr. Xi smiled at him. “Nara’s gonna be there. I know what I’m doing, Yi Xing.”

 

Luhan reclined on his seat. He just finished another board meeting and it drained him. Now his father wants to have lunch together, but his body just won’t respond. He was too tored, or maybe his mind was.

The sound of his phone ringing woke him up from his little moment.

“Sehun?”

“Hey hyung!” Sehun chimed on the other line, really enthusiastic. Luhan chuckled and placed the phone on speaker mode. “How’s it going?”

“Same-same. I just wanna tell you something.”

Luhan sighed and urged him to go on. Sehun hesitantly spoke on the other line. “I found the name of the owner of the unit just above yours.”

“Y-you… did? You didn’t have to, Hun.” Lihan satu p, suddenly getting nervous. It was the first time he was going to have an idea of the owner of the beautiful voice.

“What’s surprised me was… the owner is male, hyung. His name is Park Minjun.”

Luhan’s brows furrowed. “Really? Maybe—“

“And he’s dead, hyung. Three years ago.”

 

Nara and Daehyun arrived a little late at the lunch affair. The room booked was quite small, only for the high-positioned directors. But, media flocked the outside of the resto.

Nara sat beside her brother, while Daehyun sat across her.

“This two did a really good job in the planning. I hope it comes out successful.” Mr. Jung beamed at Nara and Daehyun. Jaejoong smiled proudly and nudged her sister. “Yeah, I see them work hard every day.”

The lunch affair was quite busy. There were enthusiastic expectations for the project, comments, suggestions and such. People were buzzed with business affairs.

“Fresh air?” Daehyun mouthed at Nara.

Nara nodded, and they silently slipped out the room.

 

“It’s fine, Dad. Doing good.”

Mr. Xi smiled at his son. He was really thinking deeply why his son was just so slow in moving with his emotions.

“How’s Nara?”

Luhan smiled a bit while slicing his steak. “Great. She just finished planning for their new partnership project with the Jungs.”

Mr. Xi noticed his son’s happiness when the name was mentioned.

“Really?”

Luhan nodded. “Yup.”

“I want you to do something, Han.”

Luhan looked up and met his father’s gaze. “What is it, Pa?”

“Leave her.”

 

 

 

____________________________________________