Reality

Unforeseen Harmony

 

 

NARRATOR

 

 

“Maybe it’s because she’s hot.” Zelo, Daehyun’s childhood friend, shrugged nonchalantly. Daehyun pinched the bridge of his nose and closed his eyes briefly.

“No, what are you saying Junhong? Seriously? You think too much about the physical features, kiddo.” He murmured.

Zelo shook his head and chuckled. “I’m at the age where my hormones are… strong.”

“Well then I’m not like you.” Daehyun shot him a disgusted look. “Nara’s… just so… interesting and different. I mean, she emits this powerful aura but there’s more to it.”

The other gaped at him. “You sound so stalker-ish, hyung.”

Daehyun ignored him completely and nodded to himself. “And I’m going to find out why I am so pulled to her.”

 

 

“It will be greattttt~” Xiumin pranced around, his eyes dreamy as he tried to convince Kris. Kris just shrugged, not even looking up from the paperwork laid on his desk.

Xiumin plopped on the office chair in front of him, propping his elbows on his desk. “Duizhang, think about it. This way we can get to know Nara more, and help her in whatever she’s going through right now. And I really think it will be helping out Tao. He’s been stressed lately thinking of ways to make his cousin happy and well.” He pleaded, batting his lashes.

Kris lifted his head up and pursed his lips. “It’s the peak season for business right now, Minseok. We should be practical too.”

“Then next month?” His eyes twinkled.

Kris sighed and nodded. “Okay, I’ll contact the Jeju branch. Booking will be for next month.” With that Xiumin could only squeal with delight. He thanked Kris and walked out with that playful smirk on his face. “Operation get Luhan together with Nara starts in a month.” He whispered to himself.

 

 

“Then, a croissant will do? Or Belgian waffles? Choose your pick, sweetie.”

Nara smiled gratefully at Luhan. He was just too caring and polite that it made her feel guilty. “Ge… I think you should stop worrying too much. I can handle myself.”

“So you finally admit you’re going through something?” He stopped walking and stepped in front of her, tilting her chin up so that they could look straight into each other’s eyes.

She looked away, her eyes faltering. “I’m… No. Just…”

“Na, we all know something’s bothering you. I know you can’t tell me, but please, take care of yourself.” His tone was pleading.

She looked at him and tried to reply, but he cut her off. “And I’m saying this not because I’m you fake boyfriend but because I’m your gege.”

He waited for a reply but she just sighed.

“Well I guess it’s all up to you. Goodbye, Na. Call me if you can.” With that Luhan planted a kiss on her forehead and briskly walked away.

She stood there just outside their company’s building, her heart fluttering.

 

Luhan walked in his office, raking his fingers through his platinum blonde hair. His heart was hammering, for some reason he was always on cloud nine. And that was when he was with you.

He sat on the leather couch, taking in deep breaths.

“Do I actually want this to be real?” He mumbled, breathless.

 

“Uh, hey.”

She looked up from her frappe and met Daehyun’s eyes. He was awkwardly standing across her in a local coffee shop. “Oh, you’re here.”

He smiled and bit his lower lip. “Uh… can I sit here?”

“Sure.” She nodded, her brow rising. He was acting all jittery, which was weird. Daehyun exhaled through gritted teeth and smiled. “H..how are you f…feeling? Heard you were… uhm sick?”

She chuckled a little. “Yeah, but it was just fatigue maybe. But I’m fine.”

“Don’t stress yourself, it’s…n ot really… good.” He forced a smile, his upper lip now twitching. Nara placed her frappe aside and leaned closer. She tilted her head, a slicght smile curving on her lips. “What happened to you?”

“Eh?” He replied breathlessly, backing away and avoiding her meticulous stare. She leaned back on her seat and pursed her lips. “You’re acing all weird on me. Like you’re nervous or something.”

“I’m not!” He blurted out. He noticed what he did and tried to catch his breath while forcing himself to be normal. “I… I just discovered something today.”

“Really? Can I know?” She beamed.

He squirmed in his seat before flashing her his crooked smile. “Soon you will. I need to go, see you tomorrow!” With that he darted out the shop, leaving her stunned and confused.

Daehyun locked the doors to his car and sunk on his seat. He hit his cheek lightly, as if it would do something. He scrambled to reach his phone and quickly dialed.

“Junhong-ah, I think I found out about Nara.”

 

___________________________________________________

Heyyo! Sorry for not updating quickly. anyways, Happy Easter!

Enjoy your day! lol i'm extra happy today i don't know why...