Oblivious

Unforeseen Harmony

 

NARRATOR

 

 

“Trace the location of the number here. Then give me a call. Inform the Geges too if you find anything, okay?” Nara gave Daehyun’s number to her secretary, who nodded willfully.

She was about to go when her secretary stopped her. “W-where are you going, Young Miss?”

She looked at her and wistfully turned away.

“I’m going out for some fresh air.”

 

“I’m here, Na. Please. I will always be here. I won’t let anyone hurt you.”

Nara trembled.

“You will always have me.”

Nara flinched.

“I won’t hurt you.”

She tensed, her arms freezing as she lifted it up.

“I… I love you, Kim Nara.”

Nara cried silently, her hands slowly making its way to Luhan’s back as her head fell on his shoulder.

Nara’s grip on the steering wheel tightened. Her heart felt so tight that it made it hard for her to breathe. She looked at the road straight ahead, when a lone tear lined her cheek.

“I… I love you too, Xi Luhan.”

She whispered.

 

 

Daehyun winced as he received another blow on his cheek. He looked at his phone crushed to pieces on the floor.

“You bastard!” His uncle seethed. “How could you be so careless? Contacting someone? You’re asking for your own funeral!”

He didn’t know why, but he could only care less. He chuckled bitterly and looked up to meet his uncle’s eyes. “That’s what you’re good at, right? Giving funerals?

Mr. Jung’s anger could not be measured. He snickered and went out the room, slamming the door shut. Daehyun looked at the closed door in anger.

“You’re the bastard.”

 

 

Nara pulled over the side of the road. She sighed and nit her lip that it threatened to bleed. Her hands made its way to the list of Jung offices and warehouses. She scanned through it when a ceratin address caught her eye.

There, at the very bottom, was an address that was crossed out.

It was at the secluded oyskirts of the city, where Seoul ends. Beside the address was a brief explanation.

Warehouse destroyed by fire

Maybe because she was already on the road and running on the verge of her emotions, that she didn’t even think twice when she stepped on the gas.

 

 

“I don’t like it at all. What the freaking hell is happening? Why is this so complicated? Why the Xis?” Xiumin stomped his foot, raking his hair with his fingers.

Kris threw him a look. “Shut up, Minseok.”

“It’s just that why does it have to be them? Luhan and Uncle Xi have been living quietly, and then this? Woah that Jung Company is really insane.”

Kris threw him another look. “Minseok!”

Xiumin closed his mouth and looked at the floor.

“I understand your thoughts, Minseok-ah.”

Xiumin looked up and stared back at Mr. Xi’s firm eyes. It was evident that his jaw was clenched, and that his mind was preoccupied. “Thank you boys. I know you’ve been beside Luhan all these years.”

“Uncle~” Tao interjected, but Mr. Xi continued.

“I’m asking you guys a favor. A father will always know.”

Kris felt that something was utterly odd. “What is it, Uncle?”

“And right now, I know he’s in danger.”

 

 

p

The warehouse looked almost black and gray on the distance. It stood there looking all burned down, it’s former face washed down by rain with the undeniable traces of ashes. Its roof was halved, some of the metal scenes hanging lifelessly.

Nara took in a deep breath. From her place she could see some men on guard at what looked like a small door made with patches of wood.

Tingles went up her spine. She had the urge to shudder but no, she wanted to be brave.

There could be no danger here, she thought.

Maybe they are just hiding here, and Luhan Gege happened to know.

She nodded at her thoughts and changed her heels to a pair of sneakers she always kept on her car. With a huff, she silently went out.

 

 

At the moment she went out, her phone buzzed on the passenger seat. It was a text from her secretary.

Young Miss, I found the whereabouts of the number you gave me.

And the address written below the text was just where she was headed to.

 

 

 

______________________________________________