Broken

Unforeseen Harmony

 

NARRATOR

 

Nara came out the mini mart with her favorite packed ice cream. She couldn’t help herself to get comfort food before she meets Luhan. She was nervous on seeing him.

She wanted to act normal, but it was somehow bothering her.

She walked down the street while devouring the ice cream, cursing the length she had to walk. Since it was a busy night, she had parked on three alleys away.

“Hello miss.”

She turned around to see someone slurring. It was a man she did not know, wearing a sly smirk on his face. She backed away and acted as if she heard nothing. Her heart skipped a beat with fear when another man stood in her way. “Pretty miss, don't even try.” He murmured, his breath reeking of alcohol as he neared her.

Nara bit her lip. Cold sweat was running down her forehead, as her body trembled.

 

She couldn’t really see anything except for the piercing on his ear that sparkled even through the dark. “Who…?”

“Hey Nara. You had late classes?” The man walked towards her, and she staggered a bit as she walked a few steps backward. “Who… Who are you?”

His face was now visible, and she gasped. “S...S-sunbae.”

 

Nara tried walking on to her side, but it was a wrong move. She walked in a darker alley, where the two guys hi fived each other and followed her. Her eyes started to get glassy with tears.

“Don’t worry, we’re fun people.” The first guy winked, removing his gloves. He stepped closer to her and held her chin. She tried backing away but a wall hit her back.

“P-please, let me go.” She muttered, voice shaky. Everything was dark to her, all she could feel was the man's harsh grip on her chin, and her fear.

 

His eyes were glistening with something that scared her to death. His hands made its way to her shirt, and she started thrashing around. All she ever wanted was to get away from him.

 

Nara feared what would happen next. She feared for her life. Memories were running on her head, even digging the dark whole of fear her being was getting dumped on currently.

The second man smiled and neared her too, slurring. He removed his jacket and wrapped his arm around her waist. The other man chuckled and removed his jacket too.

Nara shrieked and cried. She thrashed around, but no one seemed to hear. She tried kicking, but there were two of them, and she was being pinned to the wall hard.

A hand made its way to her dress, and she couldn’t help but wail for help.

But a hand immediately clamped .

 

“Get away from her.” He seethed, his fists curled.

“Minjun Oppa!” She cried.

Her senior started to advance towards Minjun, who dodged his pucnch and sent him flying to the wall. The madman winced as his head hit the granite walls.

Minjun scrambled to her side. “Are you okay?”

She trembled under his touch as she sobbed. “N…No.”

 

She closed her eyes, her endless sobs doing her nothing. She couldn’t even fight, as the two men enjoyed themselves, trying to do what they want to do. She was doing everything she could, but it did nothing. She was helpless. And it was starting to dawn on her.

 

“Nara!”

She looked up with tear filled eyes. Luhan was running to the end of the alley, his face dead with anger. The other boys were following him.

Soon it was hell.

Tao released his rage, mercilessly kicking one straight to the face. Lay and Chen cornered the one who was about to escape and beat him to pulp. Kris was calling somene on the phone as he stepped on the man's chest that Tao kicked unconscious.

Xiumin dragged the body of the man Lay and Chun tortured beside the other man.

Luhan ran to Nara immediately, removing his coat to cover her. She trembled with his touch. He tried touching her, but she just sat there to herself like a ball, afraid of everything.

Even him.

“N-nara…” He called out, feeling the tears line his cheek too. Nara flinched hearing her name. Luhan kneeled in front of her and tried to look at her in the face.

“Na…”

Nara looked up. Luhan’s heart clenched seeing her broken like this. He was raging with anger but at the sight of her, he was pained. He reached out for her, helping her stand up.

Nara did with wobbly knees, as the endless sobs echoed on the small space.

She looked at Luhan once more before running away.

Luhan’s head snapped to her direction. Nara ran to her car and got in, speeing away like there’s no tomorrow.

Luhan didn’t hesitate to slip on his car and follow her, when he noticed where she was going.

New Songdo.

He bit his lip as tears streamed down his face. He’s not going to let go. He’s not going to stop protecting her. He’s not going to stop following her.

She needed someone, and that someone was not her past.

It was him. He knew. He believed.

 

As soon as Luhan got out he caught up with her. She was already trying to open the door, but she had no key, no code. She banged on the unit door, tears endlessly lining her cheeks.

Luhan got out the elevator and ran to her.

His heart clenched more, more tears came to him.

He gently yanked her body to him and hugged her tight.

Nara struggled, her fists hard as she tried to push his chest away. Luhan remained his hold. He buried his head on her neck and sniffled. “No, Nara.” He firmly said through his shaky voice.

Nara’s struggles got weaker and weaker every second. Soon enough, she was just standing there, her hands limp on her side with Luhan wrapping his arms tightl on her.

“I’m here, Na. Please. I will always be here. I won’t let anyone hurt you.”

Nara trembled.

“You will always have me.”

Nara flinched.

“I won’t hurt you.”

She tensed, her arms freezing as she lifted it up.

“I… I love you, Kim Nara.”

Nara cried silently, her hands slowly making its way to Luhan’s back as her head fell on his shoulder.

 

_______________________________________________