Message

Unforeseen Harmony

 

 

 

DAEHYUN’S POV

 

My fist slammed against my desk again.

This unstable-minded man inside me can’t calm down. Everything is too much too take in.

I lifted my palm to see it redden at the impact.

“Do what I tell you.”

I couldn’t help shivering. Those words wouldn’t stop ringing on my ears. My uncle’s voice wouldn’t stop ringing.

And by that, I found myself curled into a fetal positon at the corner of my room. I am weak, now I have every right to.

He already fled away— my unlce. He left me the business, the conglomerate, the offices, the jobs of thousand employees. They don’t even know how the company they’re working for started.

It started with murder.

I couldn’t bring myself to stand back and be strong. How can I be strong after all this. How am I expected to continue this after everything.

Oh right, for my own life. I have to live. My life’s not in my own hands right now, it’s currently on my uncle’s grip, ready to be slit with a knife if I disobey.

But then someone entered my mind just then. Her.

I do want her, I do love her. She should be mine. But she doesn’t deserve a murderer’s nephew. She doesn’t deserve me.

She deserves the man who got his mother killed. And the killer’s blood runs in my veins.

I’m giving up this love, for her good. I’m letting go. Because I know she can’t love a man like me. And I can love her, but this conscience will forever bug me to be out of her life.

But I can’t give up this other fight, even if I don’t want to be a player anyway. I can’t give justice to the lady’s death, even if it’s the right thing to do.

I can give up my love for Nara, just because I’m choosing death.

She had my life, I was alive back then.

With everything, with all those feelings, I was alive.

But now, I’ll be my uncle’s successor, the only thing I wanted for my whole life, but Jung Daehyun won’t be alive then.

That Jung Daehyun is dead.

 

 

NARRATOR

 

Nara walked in her office with mixed thoughts and a racing heartbeat. She crinkled her nose though, with the faint smell.

Her eyes faltered on the flowers. The petals were already coated by death, its sides brown and dying. The leaves were already crumpled, and the smell was unpleasant.

Then her mind darted off to the giver, Daehyun.

“He hasn’t been visiting…” She mumbled, sitting down her chair. She felt that unexplainable guilt again, and that fear.

She looked t the flowers and her fist clenched. “I’m sorry..” She mumbled. She knew she couldn’t lie to herself. She did, before, and it has to end.

Little did she know Daehyun already ended it himself.

 

 

Luhan furrowed his brows as he read the report file. He was squeezing his brain for more ideas to come, but there was none.

“My officers have been trailing behind possible companies that could have connections to Daehan, Young Master Xi.”

He let the folder down and nodded at the police chief. “Please inform me for updates.”

“Of course we will.” The officer nodded back.

Luhan walked out the headquarters with a heavy heart. But he was looking forwars for updates, soon it will be revealed and he can get the justice he needs.

He needs all this to be done. He wants to end everything, the issues and problems. That way he can be with someone.

He was walking to his car when a car careened towards him, not even a hint of stopping. It almost hit him, if he hadn’t jerked his head and jumped off the course in time. He fell on the cemented road, wincing.

The black car with heavily tinted windows stopped for a second but then swiftly went out of sight.

“Heck.” Luhan mumbled, helping himself up. He looked at his hands roughly scratched by his fall. He twitched his lip and dusted off the dirt.

He looked at the parking lot only to find himself alone. The car was out of sight already.

A frown plastered on his face.

 It seemed to be too coincidental and planned to be an accident.

 

Little did he know, it was supposed to be a message.

That he should just stop investigating and get on with his life, if he wants to live.

 

 

 

_________________________________________