Discovery

Unforeseen Harmony

 

 

NARRATOR

 

It was as if the sky was black.

“We did what you told us to do, Master.”

Daehyun switched the phone off after hearing the report of one of his uncle’s trusted goons. That he now owned and used.

 

Daehyun shifted his weight on his other foot. The lights were turned off, and he was sitting on what used to be his uncle’s chair, and he was in what was supposed to be his uncles’ office.

But it was all his now.

But he couldn’t be happy. He couldn’t even turn on the lights.

He could taste the metallic taste from his lips. Blood. He had been biting it since everything happened.

Slowly it was clear to him. He was turning to someone he despised. Someone he wished never existed. He was turning to someone like his uncle.

And all that, just to preserve his life.

A life he views as death. Even worse.

 

“Miss Kim.” Nara looked up to see her secretary peeking at her door. She waved her in and focused back on her paperwork.

“Young Master Kim needed to go to Japan for some problem, and he just left.  His secretary called to inform you.”

Nara nodded and tanked her. The secretary left without another word.

Another knock on her door. She looked up to see another person peeking, it was Luhan. She smiled at him. Of course, it was lunch time. It was their habit to go out every lunch.

He walked in and took her coat and bag.

She grinned at stood up, but her eyes landed at her bandaged hand. “What happened, Ge?”

Luhan looked confused for a second before he raised his palm. “Oh this? I jumped to the ground when a car almost hit me.” He bit his lip.

Nara pursed her lips and nodded. “I hope it gets better.”

“It will.” He winked.

 

They dined at a famous Korean restaurant, getting their bellies filled up. The two knew there should be this thick air of awkwardness among them, but they choose to ignore it and be themselves.

“You know, if I keep on going with you I’ll probably turn into a pig.” Nara pouted. Luhan chuckled and playfully pushed her. “That’s alright with me.”

“I don’t want to get fat.” She rolled her eyes.

They both chuckled as they exited the resto. Luhan motioned for her to wait by the entrance. “I’ll go get the car.”

Nara stood there by herself aside the restaurant door. She tapped her foot, looking around her surroundings, when a silhoutte of a man across the road caught her eye.

And she knew well by the way he stands and his posture, that he was Daehyun.

Nara was about to call out, but an enormous bus passed by. She waited for it to pass by her sight so that she could call him. But when the bus disappeared, so was he.

He was nowhere in sight.

Nara furrowed her brows. “Maybe it wasn’t him…”

 

Luhan lay flace flat on his bed that night. His mind was too preoccupied that he really didn’t know what to feel. All ke knows is that he’s close to being mentally and emotionally drained, but being with Nara brings his sanity back.

He rolled on to his stomach and now stared at the ceiling. That was when his phone started ringing. He fished it out his pocket and placed it close to his ear.

“Officer.” He sat up straight, recognizing the voice. He nodded several times at what the other line said. “We’ve discovered Daehan. They currently have a company.”

Luhan could not utter a word. He felt joy discovering Daehan, but somehow he felt there was something wrong. Something unexpected.

 

 

“They turned out to be Jung Enterprises.”

 

 

 

_____________________________________________