Trapped

Unforeseen Harmony

 

 

 

NARRATOR

 

Luhan closed his eyes. He didn’t know what to do.

If his mother had been murdered, then why did fate leave it to be a secret for all these years. His brows furrowed, it was painful to know.

He will seek justice. He will.

 

Nara drank her glass of juice. She was dining with her family at home.

“Luhan Gege told me it was Daehan Communications that arranged the accident.”

Mr. Kim nodded as he chewed. “Daehan was quite successful before. They went bankrupt.”

“I think they deserve it. But the chairman… do you know his name?” Mrs. Kim looked at her husband expectantly. Mr. Kim shrugged. “We really didn’t meet.”

Jae sighed. “I hope they somehow admit to their mistakes. They committed murder.”

“I think it’s because of competition. They were threatened of the Xi’s expanding connections, so they caused trouble.” Mr. Kim explained.

Nara chewed her food slowly. “Why did it have to be a life?”

 “Some people don’t value it as much as we do, honey. That’s why it makes the world so dark, because others can’t value what they have. They seek more.”

Nara and Jae met each other’s eyes.

“I hope Luhan Ge and Uncle Xi find justice.”

 

“You killed someone, Uncle.” Daehyun seethed. All the information slowly seeped into him like burning fire.

He felt dirty, evil, dangerous.

He was handling a company that resorted to murder ti succeed. That was beyond his imagination. He felt like imprisoning his own uncle.

He wanted to turn away, run. But he knew he couldn’t.

“I raised you, Jung Daehyun. Don’t you forget that. When your parents died, I took care of you and treated you as my own!”

“B-but… it was murder.” He could only tremble. A small tear escaoed his eye. He remembered hos his parent died on an ambush, and how he was left with no one, until his uncle came up to him, smiling.

He praised him. He idolized his everything, How he could handle things so well, how he expanded his company with his own ways, just... everything that made him the successful businessman he is now.

He never thought he murdered someone.

 

“Now that you know what I can do, you’ll be smart.”

Daehyun froze, the words seemed like bullets through his skull. This is not his uncle, no it can't be. His uncle was kind, firm yet very down to earth.

Who is this man? Where is his uncle?

Maybe he had been looking at the wrong person his whole life. He was fooled by this facade he will never get to see again.

“Save yourself, Daehyun. Be smart.”

He tensed on his seat as he didn’t dare look at those eyes. But he felt a hand yanking him to stand up. He hesitantly stared back at the eyes of someone he now despised.

The eyes of someone he didn't know.

 

“Do what I tell you.”

 

 

________________________________________________________