Chapter 12

Nct127: Kim Doyoung FADED

Chapter 12

Taeil answered the video call from Taeyong. It's been a week since Doyoung hiatus. Most members know it's because of his family, only a few know that Doyoung is actually injured. 
 

Jaehyun, Jungwoo, and Yuta were also in the living room when Taeil answered the call. 
 

"Taeyongie." Taeil greeted the younger, he smiled seeing their leader. 
 

"Hyung! How are you? I called because I couldn't reach Doyoung's phone. Is he home?" Jaehyun froze while Yuta avoided the gaze. He couldn't lie, that's why he rather awkwardly sits further away than keep joining Taeil in talking with Taeyong. 
 

Jungwoo was dragged by Jaehyun because the younger one had no idea about the situation. Jaehyun invites him to eat at the top counter while his gaze is at Taeil giving him support using eye contact. 
 

Taeil walks away to his room and closes the door. "I think you should talk with Hyung Baek," Taeil said in a neutral voice. He flashes a smile that makes Taeyong nod. 

That's the start. 

Every time Taeyong called and asked for Doyoung, the members always told him to call Mr. Baek instead-but Taeyong only received a vague answer from their manager. It's been two weeks already and Taeyong is getting irritated because of the same answers. He sulks for three days, bombing Doyoung messages and calls after he goes to the silent treatment. He did not contact him for a day and because he was busy his plan emerged. 

--

"Taeyong is irritated by now. He said he's doing silent treatment to Doyoung but I doubt if Doyoung knows it. I haven't received messages from him either." Johnny retorted while drinking coffee. They're at the studio for practice. Jaehyun, Taeil, and Haechan are forming a circle while on their break. 
 

"He didn't answer me either." Taeil is frustrated. Mr. Baek said that Doyoung is recovering but they're not sure if that's the truth. 
 

Johnny's phone rings and Taeyong is the caller. He answered the video call immediately and put the phone horizontally for the members to be viewed. 
 

"Hyung! Tell me the truth. Where is Kim Doyoung?" Johnny froze and Taeyong sharply caught it. His big eyes narrowed and Johnny gulped. 

"Eh? Doyoung hyung? He's on hiatus." Jungwoo's voice spread like wildfire. Taeyong cheeks turn red because of irritation. 
 

"What? Why didn't I know that?!" Taeyong is loud. Loud enough for members to huddle to Johnny's place. 
 

"He's out of reach too." Jungwoo's straightforwardness earned discomfort to the members. Taeil sigh, biting his lips because of worries. Haechan is quiet even when Mark joins Taeyong, Haechan is still in a daze. 
 

Mark heard his hyung shouting and he quickly went to his room. The other NCT members also heard Taeyong's voice and rushed to his room only to see him red, furious with the members in the other line.
 

"I will tell him Hyung." Yuta looked at Taeil because the other members had already gathered and Jungwoo was confused while Jaehyun and Haechan remained quiet at the back. 


 

"We can't." Taeil whispers but Mark and Taeyong hear him clearly. 
 

"Hyung, please... What happened there? Is he sick? Injured?" Taeyong's voice is soft. The frustrations lingered giving him a bad feeling.

 

"Jaehyun? Haechan? Johnny?" Taeyong is desperate and Taeil couldn't handle it anymore. He resigned but Johnny kept shaking his head.

"Taeyong... I will tell you but you need to be alone." Taeil hesitated and Mark, Lucas, and Ten looked offended. They don't know what's going on but it felt wrong hearing it from Taeil. 
 

"We made a promise and... We initially cannot tell you." Johnny said still not sure if it's fine telling Taeyong even though they pledge. 

 

"We seriously are in trouble." Yuta's statement silences them. Mark isn't speaking anymore while Ten is smiling but not reaching his eyes. Lucas remains confused. 

 

"The only member who has no idea about it is jungwoo. So if you get upset, don't take it to him." Johnny stated in a deep, serious tone. 

"I understand Hyung." Taeyong didn't want to press it but he's worried... He couldn't sleep if they hang him like this. 

Jungwoo was supposed to leave but he fought with them and dramas started. In the end, the oldest let him stay. 

Taeyong is alone in his room. He wears earplugs and makes sure to lock the door before facing the members. 

"Three weeks ago we found a bloodbath at the male's toilet." Taeyong and Jungwoo gasp. His eyes shook while staring at s. 
 

"H-Hyung... What do you mean by that?" Taeyong's hoarse voice causes panic. "It's not from him, right? I mean you never found him. I assume?" Taeyong tried his best to remain calm but burst out when Taeil told him the whole story and how the management told them to keep quiet about it. 
 

"! I'm going home! Hyung.... why..." Taeyong tears flowed from his eyes. He is disheartened if something happened to but couldn't do anything. 
 

"You can't. Mr. Baek is the only person who can see him. We haven't seen him either and we been waiting for the past weeks." Taeil brows form a straight line. Taeyong understands that something happened to his best friend and the company is keeping it.

 

"Do you think he was attacked?" Jungwoo's conclusion is not baseless but the members don't want to think of the horrifying scenario. 

 

"The blood we see in the toilet is gruesome. I still have nightmares from time to time." Haechan stated the hyung looks at him with concern. 
 

"I will call the management." Taeyong is no longer crying but his red bloodshot eyes are still noticeable. 
 

"You can't. We need to wait for him, Taeyong." Johnny says they are not supposed to tell Taeyong about the incident but lying only generates tons of misconception to the latter and Taeyong did not deserve it. No one does. 

 

"You're not supposed to know. Get that bro?" Johnny's voice is rigorous. He wanted Taeyong to do nothing because it would only lead to catastrophe. Taeyong, as the leader, understands very well his responsibility, but doing nothing is much worse and burdensome than being called a leader. 

--

Taeyong was left alone in the room after the call ended. He was drained and mixed emotions surrounded him. He heard a knock from the door and Taeyong stepped up to open it. Mark, Ten, and Lucas appeared looking worried.  When they saw Taeyong's red-shot eyes they understood that something happened to Kim Doyoung. The only problem is, no one is saying anything. Mark tried to message Haechan but he was ignored. Haechan only saw his chat but did not reply to him and Mark feels terrible feeling left out. 
 

"What happened?" Ten is the first one who asked Taeyong but Taeyong didn't speak. He promised to keep it to himself and he would do that for the sake of s. 
 

"I'm sorry." Taeyong's eyes started to water again. The boys looked at him with expressions that were wrecked by those two words. 
 

"We deserve to know! What happened to him?!" Ten voices were rising and Lucas patted his back to calm him down. Mark also looks reserved but he didn't like the feeling of being in the shadow. He feels frustrated and nothing could make him feel better. At least not at this moment.

 

"Are guys fighting?" Baekhyun showed up with Kai and Taemin. Ten is breathing heavily while Taeyong's red-shot eyes have raw tears. "Hey man... What happened?" Taeyong shook his head and remained quiet. Ten also shook his head while Lucas avoided their gaze. 

Taeyong stays in his room thinking of plans. He called Johnny again and they talked. Johnny told him minor things that happened that day. The former instructor and how Doyoung walked out at the studio. 
 

The call ended and Taeyong stayed in a daze. He stared at the blank phone slowly catching his breath. The emotions are like a roller coaster and he is close to losing it. 

 

beep

1 message received.