Chapter 23

Nct127: Kim Doyoung FADED

A/N: Hi guyssss! I apologize for the late update. This chapter is short and mostly a mini-reunion. I will explain everything next chapters and sadly... The end is near. Thank you so much for reading my story. :) Enjoy reading!

--

Chapter 23

Doyoung managed to rest for a couple of days. The members who know his situation visited him a lot in the hospital but Doyoung only realized his peaceful life without tons of calls or texts from his other members till the weekend. Sunday, Dr. Jin told Doyoung that he is doing good. His recovery is fast and because his body received care treatments and rest, his skin is glowing, his eyes are not sluggish anymore which brings a positive mood to Doyoung. 

 

The door opens to his private room and Mr. Baek shows up. He greeted the manager and put his phone down when other people came in, Doyoung grimaced when he saw Jungwoo, Yuta, and Jaehyun enter the room. 


Doyoung smiled and greeted them. From his perspective, they were already late in visiting him. The friction is in the air and the members are scanning him carefully, checking for injuries or wounds but Doyoung seems radiant. The ray of light illuminating the room generated his skin to flicker that made him look healthier. 

Jungwoo looks at his friend and without words, he walks to Doyoung and hugs him tightly. Doyoung welcomes him with open arms, spreading his both arms, and shortly he feels the younger warmth against him. He smiled while patting him, but Doyoung froze when Jungwoo's shoulders started to shake and a faint sob followed after. 


"Hyung... I'm sorry." he whimpered. 


--

Yuta watched Jungwoo cry with Doyoung in his arms. He can see from his spot that Doyoung looks skinnier than before. His skin is glowing but still pale like a white sheet of paper. Jungwoo's body is more bunky and it made Doyoung look smaller than it used to be. 

 

He recalled the night when Taeil cried in his arms and told them the situation. They were all speechless when Taeil and Johnny explained what happened to Doyoung. Jaehyun wanted to visit him subsequently but Johnny shook his head and explained that Doyoung's still weak to handle their emotional outburst. 


"Doyoung didn't want to worry us and it takes him a lot of courage to call Johnny. He didn't even like me to come first hand." Taeil explains, wiping his tears. He apologized for crying in the doorway and glanced at Yuta who carried him inside to sit on the sofa. 

 

"Why didn't they tell us hyung?" Jungwoo asked the older member and looked at Taeil who avoided his eyes. Jungwoo didn't mean it to sound assertive but he needs to know why the company left them oblivious. Many speculations landed on his feet but the blurred truth is always substantial. The members also have their thoughts, looking at Taeil now. Jungwoo became certain that Doyoung also didn't want to tell them but it doesn't make any sense! He was hurt, even if Doyoung denied their presence, they must know. They needed to know. Why only now?

 

Taeil always thought that he knows the members generously and has the gasp of situations believing that they could settle everything and be able to protect them. He was always supporting them in silence, watching them, and was happy for their achievements. He thought it was enough. He thought that continuing to do it helps them and the group but after seeing Doyoung in the hospital. Taeil is suddenly lost, anxious that the people he failed to protect disappear before him. Doyoung is one of the people he trusted and on the list, he likes to give support. If only he looked out for him more, these feelings are thick and Taeil isn't used to carrying it on his shoulders. He was perplexed while his thoughts ran in his head making him stiff but thanks to Yuta, he relaxed a little as the younger clenched his shoulder, massaging it to loosen up. 

 

"They said that Doyoung was in a coma for a month, not telling us is to balance our emotions," Johnny said while brushing his hair that is now messed up. 


"He went into a coma?" Jaehyun asked with his voice trembling. He clasped the couch because his knees became weaker, touching his temple to rub. Stressed build-up challenging his mood. 

 

"Y-yes." Johnny retorted. He gazed at Jungwoo and Yuta and received anxious looks on their faces. 

 

"H-hyung... Just tell me what exactly happened that night? Please hyung... I'm... I... I think." Jaehyung said softly. 


Johnny tells them everything except for the fact that Doyoung called one of the members. Jungwoo's face is full of fear and distress while absorbing the information. He breathes heavily while his eyes are focused on every word tells them. 

 

"But hyung... Why didn't he call us? Fortunately, Jaemin and Chenle went for him even though it was only a coincidence but he should've called us hyung! We're his friends! We're a family! We're s too." Jungwoo didn't mean for his voice to get slightly higher but he couldn't help himself. He snapped, shutting his eyes and reopening it again to see the devastated faces of his hyung. 

 

"Jungwoo," Yuta mumbled. He is the last person that is calm after Taeil and Johnny go back home but hearing the younger questions made him realize the wrong. It's too transparent not to notice. Why did Doyoung did not called them that night? They were the people with him last, they were near the location. They can be there just seconds but he didn't tell them. Even now, Johnny is the only member he called, who knows if Doyoung likes to share it with them too. It's bitter being hopeless. Yuta snorted, continuing his silence. 

 

"He did... He called a member." Taeil uttered like a whisper. His mouth quivers and continues to tell words. "But this member failed to answer his call for help." 


--

"I am okay now Jungwoo. Do you know what's wrong with me? I am bored with capitals!" Doyoung pulled himself to Jungwoo and smile widely. 

 

Jaehyun's eyes continue to watch Doyoung and feels good seeing his hyung smile. He felt comfortable like something heavy weighing his heart was gone. He likes his smile. He misses him. 


"I miss you. I-I mean we all did." Jungwoo said his hands gesturing to the people in the room. 

"I miss you guys too," Doyoung mumbled. 


"You don't have to worry. The doctor told me that I can leave the hospital next week. I'm healing." Doyoung said smiling at s. 

 

"Are you finally going back? Yuta asked but Doyoung stiffened, he glanced at Yuta and shook his head. 

 

"I can't yet hyung... but I promise one day." He mutters. Eyes are hopeful but Yuta sees Doyoung hesitations. 


"We will wait for you." Finally, Yuta retorted in a low voice.