Chapter 26- END

Nct127: Kim Doyoung FADED

A/N: Only one chapter for it to end. Please wait for the Epilogue. Thank you for reading. (I uploaded it today because... It's my most favorite month of the year!!!! HAPPY DECEMBER 1ST!!!! ❤❤❤)

--

Chapter 26- End

Doyoung is nervous as he sits at one of the benches on the rooftop of the hospital. This place is one of his favorites, he spends his teenage life hanging out on this empty ground looking at the sky, scrappers, and sometimes dreaming that he is flying. Silly things so he doesn't feel bored. 

 

Luckily, it's not too cold but the air has a cool breeze adding anxiety to Doyoung. He braced himself and waited patiently for his friend. 

It only took him fifteen minutes to finally hear the steps coming his way. He's quick, Doyoung thought. 


Taeyong walks silently, and Doyoung can feel him digging holes in his back but he never looks back. Doyoung only waited for his leader to sit beside him but it never came. He waited patiently until he felt his presence. Taeyong was eventually sitting beside him. 

 

"You're quick to come hyung," Doyoung mutters, because who will run his faster when the hospital is located here? Taeyong will take 20 minutes or more, not 15 minutes. 

 

"I-I... No traffic," says Taeyong. 

 

Doyoung anticipated a funny comeback like Taeyong always did but when he met his gaze, all he could see was his deep doe jet eyes. Doyoung knows this look and he sighs a deep puff while surveying his hyung expression. 

 

"I'm okay now hyung. Don't look at me like that. You look miserable." Doyoung shifted his gaze to the dark sky and let himself enjoy it thoughtlessly.

 

"I-I'm sorry. Oh, God! I'm so sorry Doie." Doyoung witness Taeyong cover his face and the sobbing follow. It hurts him seeing Taeyong like this but he is in no position to solace him. He deserves to feel this way because he disregarded his best friend. Doyoung felt the hollow thump on his throat, wanting to hug Taeyong and whisper comfort but he couldn't because when he told him his plans, the warmth was no longer valid and he was afraid Taeyong would renounce him. 

 

"Hyung. It happens. happens to us and that night... A coincidence that I needed you by my side but..." Taeyong flinched when he heard Doyoung's words. He wipes his tears, full of sorrow that he wasn't there when one of the most important people in his life needs him. His heart is aching, he cannot reason out. He has no excuse and Taeyong is more of that, giving nonsense to Doyoung. 

 

"I forgive you, don't worry. You are still my precious hyung... but I plan to give you friendship bracelets but since you ignore me. Let's postpone that." Doyoung smiles and meets Taeyong gaze. He likes his hyung to talk, telling his story to Doyoung, his concerns, his worries like they always did. But that might sound ambiguous and ridiculous even in his ears. 

 

No. You coward Kim Doyoung. 

 

"C-Can you tell me everything, Doie? What happened to you? Please..." The last words are virtually a whisper but Doyoung is beside Taeyong. He can hear even his slight breathing. He can feel him too. 


Doyoung told him the story. Except for the fact that his health declined because of his illness. Taeyong listens well, he flinches from time to time and looks more guilty but Doyoung filters most of it because he isn't fun tormenting Taeyong. His hyung is sensitive and he knows after tonight, he won't be the same anymore. But as a leader, Doyoung trusted him to move on from all of this. He wishes to help him by being on his side but Doyoung has his own demons. He also needs to fight it alone. He is done asking for help from the people he cares about. It's about time to do the right thing and he needs Taeyong to fulfill it. 

 

"Hyung, can I ask you a favor?" Doyoung asks after a moment of silence. Taeyong isn't crying anymore but his red-shot eyes are visible to Doyoung's liking. 

 

"Anything sir." Doyoung laughed because of his politeness. Taeyong also smiles at him. 


"Promise me you won't blame yourself. No self-pity or anything. Can you be strong for me hyung?" Doyoung eyes are pleading... Silently wishing for Taeyong to take it without breaking. 

 

"Doie, your tune is scaring me. What is this for?" Taeyong's big eyes landed in Doyoung. He shivers because of the dark pupils. Taeyong has beautiful eyes but Doyoung is sometimes scared of them. Like a passage to oblivion, fans also said that Taeyong eyes have many colors. Doyoung concurred with it. 

 

"Hyung. I'm still pouting because you ignored me last time. Promise me now. hmm?" Doyoung opposes using his red card this early because Taeyong looks more hurt than bewildered. He smiles, but to the person beside him he looks like teasing him and Taeyong isn't saint enough to feel adequate about it but like always, he did not speak. 

 

"Okay! Fine. I still give you the bracelet. Are we good now? Promise me hyung." Doyoung began to feel afraid because Taeyong wasn't answering him. 

 

"Doie... I know something bad will come out of your mouth but fine! I promise not to blame myself, no self-pity, and I will be strong for us...  Now, tell me what the it is because I swear I'm close to breaking down. You are scaring me Kim Dongyoung." Taeyong lashes out. Breathing deeply, catching cool air that Doyoung knows is hard because it is cold. He suddenly gets worried. He touches Taeyong's hoodie jacket and lets the hood cover Taeyong's red face. Perhaps it's the wrong decision to meet up here? But Doyoung is calm when he talks here. His room is gloomy, he is disheartened. It reminds him more of his illness and is afraid to spit out everything to his hyung. He shudders to that thought. 

 

"I'm leaving hyung..." Doyoung says. He stares directly into Taeyong's eyes, watching his broken expression unbox in front of him. 

 

"No... I won't allow it. What the hell are you saying Kim Doyoung? Why the did you think about leaving? Explain it to me!" Taeyong's voice is raspy despite him not yelling. Doyoung touches his hyung face, calming him but Taeyong is already frantic. He withered.

 

"It's only temporary, hyung but I need to go. Please listen to me first... You promised me already, now it's my turn to tell you the reason for it... It's not about you hyung or the stalker. Even if the attack did not happen that night... I will still choose to leave, a hiatus hyung." Doyoung explains. 

 

"Hiatus for a month?" Taeyong asked. 

 

"No hyung. For a year and a half? Or more... I don't know." Doyoung shook his head because he wasn't sure how long it would take him to get rid of his illness. Doyoung closes his eyes. Taeyong's mood is getting worse and Doyoung feels frustrated, but he is patient. 

 

"KIM DONGYOUNG. TELL ME WHAT THE IS WRONG?!" Doyoung flinches when he sees an aggressive Lee Taeyong. Doyoung witnesses Taeyong's angry moments but they deal with it quietly but now, Taeyong is beyond mad. He looked troubled and Doyoung decided to hold his hands. Both of them are cold, his gaze changes, and Taeyong is taken aback by the soft worried expression of the younger.

 

"Please sit down hyung. You're scaring me. Please... I tell you okay? But can you... can you calm down for a minute? please?" Taeyong twitches to Doyoung's hold but still obeys the younger. Doyoung is still gripping Taeyong's hands. Not wanting to let it go because he is scared that Taeyong will slip and act giddy again. 

 

"I can't tell you yet my reason hyung but it's very important to me." Doyoung stops talking, Taeyong looks at him with a ridiculous face. He was about to speak but Doyoung beat him to it. 

 

"I can't sing hyung," Doyoung confessed. Taeyong's eyes drop, landing it on the younger's lap. But Doyoung met his gaze. They stare at each other and Taeyong's utterance is painful. Doyoung snorted, wishing for his tears not to fall, worried in showing how it breaks him saying it to Taeyong. 

 

Doyoung can sing but his body can't. Taeyong doesn't need to know that. It will only hurt him and Doyoung is not yet ready for it. Not yet. Oh, god not yet.

 

"W-What?" Taeyong stutters, he is not sure what's more terrifying. Knowing Doyoung is leaving the group or he couldn't sing because both sounds ominous to him. No, Doyoung is the core of the group, their main vocalist. If he can't sing, what is his place? It's the fundamental point of their career. Taeyong is overwhelmed thinking of the reasons why Doyoung lost his voice. His friend's precious voice, Taeyong, first fell in love with Doyoung's holy honey voice. But now, he said he lost it.

 

"More of… I can't for now hyung. That's why I need time to heal." Doyoung says, still holding Taeyong's hands. Giving solace to both of them. Both men were feeling dejected and Doyoung's heart is slowly shattering, he is glad he has no tears yet. He can still hold it.


"Is that your decision?" Taeyong asked in a low broken voice as if verifying that the decision is from him not because the company is kicking him out. 


"Yes hyung. Help me to tell the boys." Doyoung silently mutters. The members will surely take it personally and Doyoung needs someone to back him up and Taeyong is the right person for that. 

 

They talk more but Mr. Baek says it's better to go back and continue their talk at Doyoung's room. They both freeze to death and it will affect Doyoung's health. They quietly followed their manager. 


"Just sit whenever hyung." Doyoung is already tired. His back is aching and his limbs are too. He likes to sleep but he also likes to talk with Taeyong more. 


Doyoung unconsciously takes off his jacket not aware that it will expose his hideous bruises. Taeyong's eyes widen and quickly grab Doyoung's arm, causing him to twitch and a moan escapes from his mouth for the sudden action. 

 

"What is this?" Taeyong is terrified. The bruises are bigger and the purple mark resides in Doyoung's pale arms to his wrists. He glanced at Doyoung's surprised face. 

 

"." Doyoung curses. He forgot this because he is finally in his room feeling sleepy. He takes off the jacket covering his bruises. 


Doyoung sits in bed feeling dizzy but after a moment. Doyoung cough, cough like crazy, and blood started to come out from his mouth. Taeyong's eyes enlarged and panic started to carve inside him. Taeyong has never been frightened all his life. Tears started to fall. He is attending Doyoung but is so engrossed in his own demons that he couldn't function well, he doesn't know what to do! He just froze while Doyoung was in his arms... Mr. Baek luckily opens the door and sees Taeyong's terrified face. He quickly rings the medical staff and after a few seconds, Dr. Jin comes to Doyoung's room. 

 

"Doyoung, breathe... Yes, like that. You can spit the blood. It's fine, I'm here. You're going to be okay." Dr. Jin assures him. 


"T-Tae y-yong hyung... O-out..." Doyoung said before he lost consciousness. 

 

Taeyong feels frigid and his stunned expression is much flashier than the people mobbing Doyoung treating him out. He is mad, he didn't know to whom but Taeyong wanted to ask why his best friend looks like dying? He quivers and his knees are near to giving up. Mr. Baek holds his shoulders and guides him outside. He makes Taeyong sit at the hallway bench and shortly gets hot tea that helps him calm down. Taeyong is still shivering, his eyes are not in focus, just in a daze and Mr. Baek is calling him but Taeyong is not moving. He looks like a statue, not shifting with his big eyes open in shock. 


Mr. Baek sighs and decides to call one of the members he knows can help him. He dialed Jaemin's number. 

 

"Hyung!" Jaemin runs to the corridor with his black mask, black cap and black trousers, and shirt with his jacket. He kneels when he sees Taeyong acting like a statue not moving from his seat. 

 

Jaemin slides his warm fingers to Taeyong, giving him warmth and Taeyong only flinches not seeing Jaemin in front of him. 

 

"Taeyong hyung, This is Jaemin, yes your cute dongsaeng. Look at me. Like that... What hurts you hyung? It will be fine. Doyoung hyung told me he won't forgive people who cry witnessing his weakness. Do you want Doyoung hyung to scold you? Hmm?" Taeyong blinked after hearing Jaemin's soft voice. Jaemin stares at Taeyong, quivering mouth waiting for him to speak but there is no voice. Taeyong tears collapse like waterfalls. Jaemin sighs and hugs his hyung. 

 

"It's going to be fine, hyung. Doyoung hyung is strong and he doesn't like it when we cry because of him." Jaemin whispers but Taeyong is lost enough to his own emotions. He feels terrified and hell with the promise! He blames himself! It was his fault Doyoung is dying! No, He isn't dying! Doyoung... Oh my god!

 

"I-It's my fault... oh my god, Doyoung is..." Jaemin's eyes widened after seeing Taeyong's distraught appearance. 

 

"Hyung! Pull yourself together! None of this is your fault! Doyoung hyung will be sad hearing you blaming yourself. Doyoung hyung will be fine. He needs to be fine and he knows it too well. He needs us hyung! Doyoung hyung needs us... so please, enough of it hyung." Jaemin's eyes are pleading and Taeyong feels miserable afterward. He couldn't control himself. Jaemin is right but the excruciating feeling isn't leaving his chest! digging, painting him with cruelness.

 

Dr. Jin comes out of the room and gleams when he sees Jaemin is also here. He glances at Taeyong's distressed figure. 


"I call his brother. Doyoung needs to go now." Dr. Jin looks at Jaemin sending his concern. 

Jaemin's mouth quivered, that his hyung is leaving without even seeing them. It's excessively unfair to him, to his Taeyong hyung, and the members. 


"You must be his friend?" Dr. Jin stares back at Taeyong who looks confused when the doctor approaches them. 

 

"Yes. I'm Lee Taeyong. I'm his best friend." He sounded cold but his voice was rough and Dr. Jin looked surprised when Taeyong told him his relationship with Doyoung. 

 

"Does he know?" Dr. Jin looks at his puzzle, glancing at Jaemin and Mr. Baek but both just shake their heads. 


"I'm sorry for my behavior but are you sure you're his best friend?" Dr. Jin is confused because if Doyoung has a close friend, why hasn't he seen Taeyong visiting Doyoung at the hospital before? And now he's here. 

 

Taeyong was taken aback by the doctor's statement. He tried to calm down to the slur but he couldn't. He glared at Dr. Jin dangerously but did not speak.


"He is our leader and yes, hyung. Taeyong hyung is Doyoung hyung's best friend." Jaemin explained after sensing Taeyong's murky aura. 

 

"Hmm, I see. I'm sorry I doubt you. I'm Jin, and you can call me Hyung too if you want to. I'm Kim Doyoung's family doctor and he's been my patient since he was a teenager." Taeyong twitches, not knowing how to respond to the information. 

 

"I-I...." 


"Let's have tea, Mr. Lee." Taeyong nodded his head in silence and followed the doctor. "I just need to have a call." 

 

Jaemin also comes with them while Mr. Baek calls the company and Doyoung's brother, though Dr. Jin plans to call him too. 

 

They went to Dr. Jin's office which Jaemin is familiar with. He sits on the black sofa nervously. Taeyong is thankful for Jaemin's presence. The doctor prepares hot tea and serves it to both of them. 


He dialed a number to his phone while Taeyong hitch his breath after hearing their conversation.