Chapter 8

Nct127: Kim Doyoung FADED

A/N: Hi guys! Thank you so much for reading my story! I read heartfelt comments and it made me happy. I hope you enjoy reading this chapter!

 

Chapter 8

"Hyung?" Soft voices echo at the toilet. Doyoung sighs of relief after hearing Jaemin's voice. 

 

"Could you get my phone in my bag? I slip it on the second pocket." Doyoung instructed without opening the door. He looks pathetic and he would rather die than show it to the younger. 

 

After a minute, Doyoung's phone was handled by Jaemin. He dialed Mr. Baek's number and the older answered it without the second ring. 


"Where are you?" Mr. Baek sounded panicked. He was just informed by the members of the intense practice. He got worried for Doyoung. 

 

"I'm in the toilet Hyung. Jaemin is with me. My thigh Hyung, i-it hurts.." Doyoung words are like a knife as he hears a sigh outside the door. 


Mr. Baek quickly runs to the toilet and meets Jaemin biting his lip and looks worried because Doyoung isn't opening the door. 


"Doyoung, I'm here." Mr. Baek speaks while patting the younger shoulder. They heard a snap and the door opened. Jaemin gasps after seeing his hyung sitting at the cold tiles with his thighs shaking. 

 

"Hyung... What to do... We need an ambulance." Jaemin's voice cracks. Mr. Baek tried his best to calm the panicking younger by saying everything will be fine. 

 

"He needs water and cold compress. I always have this in my bag in case this happens. Don't worry much Jaemin." Mr. Baek looks at Jaemin trembling hands as he ducks and puts the towel to Doyoung's sweaty face. 


Minutes have passed and Doyoung is getting better. He felt nauseous because of the fatigue. He drinks juices and eats snacks while they are on the toilet tiles ground floor. Mr. Baek locked the door to make sure no one would see them aboard.


"I look pathetic just now. Hyung is sorry for showing you this side of me." Doyoung caresses the younger cheeks but Jaemin's face hardens. He shook his head saying it's fine and he needs to focus to feel better. 


"It's fine Hyung. Please be better and tell me everything. I can't do it. I'm scared that while you're not opening the door I thought bad things had already happened to you." There is something about the younger voice that made Doyoung waver. The warmth of the sun saved him from the darkness. 

 

"I'll tell you. I promise, come with me next weekend." Doyoung finally mutters. Mr. Baek isn't saying anything because he feels relieved that Doyoung is opening up to one of the members. He doesn't know how Jaemin learns their situation but he is glad that Jaemin is mature enough. It's hard to keep you in the dark and the younger handled the situation without calling the others. He was scared but let the older desire and waited. Mr. Baek looks fond of the two whose bond is eternal. 

 

--


Jaemin went to the company to shoot a live video. They have time before the schedule. That's why he excuses himself by saying he will buy coffee, he knows that his hyungs are practicing choreo for their new comeback. After the incident in the dorm weeks ago, Jaemin is scared. He never sees that amount of blood in his entire life. It's like he's in a horror movie. He recalls feeling numb while staring at his Hyung bleed with his pale skin and red-shot eyes. It's a nightmare. Jaemin is shaken and he feels hopeless while waiting for his hyung to get better. 


Something on him was alert for the worst and the member's horrified face came across him. He trembled while Doyoung's clutch hurt his small wrist. Then he told him his illness. He researched non-stop but nothing came up that will help him aside from sleeping. How is he supposed to help him like that? The frustration is eating him. Jeno also asked him if something is wrong with the way he looks dazed and always texting on his phone. 

 

Jisung also went to him to ask him if he was sick but he just assured them. Chenle is quiet, like a hawk watching his prey. He didn't speak but Jaemin knows that the younger one got an idea since he started to act differently after the 'bathroom fight incident'. While Haechan is also observing him, Jaemin manages to handle the situation well without telling them what's wrong. 

 

Jaemin snaps out of reality when his phone rings for a video call. Jeno is calling him and Jaemin quickly ends the call without answering it. After a minute, it rings again. 

 

"Jaemin, answer your phone," Doyoung told the younger man but Jaemin shook his head. Determine to take care of the older. He turns off his phone and smiles at Doyoung. 

 

"You..." Doyoung sighs while feeling his condition. He is almost healed and he doesn't feel nauseous anymore, his stomach also feels better after eating snacks and juice. He touches his thigh and there's only mild pain. Luckily, his medicine is effective. He thought that he would feel more pain for an hour but it lasted faster. 

Doyoung already made it with Jaemin on his side. The younger take them to the car at the parking lot before heading inside the building again. Doyoung thanked him for helping out. 

--


Jaemin is late and he knows that he up. He turns on his phone only to see lots of messages and miscalls asking for him. The notification that the live started. Jaemin runs to the elevator biting his lip looking worried. 

 

"Wahhh He's here!" Renjun shouted after seeing Jaemin come inside. He looks tired, probably running as fast as he could. 

 


"Latecomers will buy us chicken," Haechan commented. The fans are asking why Jaemin is late. He smiled and joked about getting stuck in the toilet. 

 

"You didn't answer your phone." Jeno ducks and moves from his seat to be with Jaemin. He covered his mouth while whispering to his friend. 

 

"Business," Jaemin commented. Chenle looks suspicious of him and shows a mischievous smile. Jaemin wink at him. 

 

"Guys! Hello...." Jaemin started to wave at the camera and listened to the members talk while acting like nothing scary happened earlier. He can still feel the nervousness while waiting for Doyoung to open the door. He dazed several times, calming his nerves. Jeno helps him by giving him a bottle of water. They finished the live video with Jaemin's mind clouded.