Chapter 17

Nct127: Kim Doyoung FADED

A/N: Hi guys! This chapter is more of Chenle and Jaemin pov regarding Doyoung's condition. This contains sentiments that I wanted to portray on how Chenle handled the situation. I don't view both of them as someone young in the group, especially Jaemin since he's the only person who knows Doyoung's secret. He has the responsibility to keep it and the pressure of it is something I want to depict so hard. I hope you enjoy the story so far. Thanks for reading!


Ps, the sasaeng will be explained in the next chapter. I just used it for Chenle's participation and I have no more plans of writing the continuation of his harassment. 

--

 


Chapter 17


Chenle is more overwhelmed than confused. After Mr. Baek arrived at his home, Jaemin and he told the older man everything. Without any reaction, Mr. Baek went outside to have a phone call. 20 minutes later, they received the news that the person who terrorized Doyoung was captured. 

 

He briefly said anything but a cold 'someone already took care of him.' The media did not get involved in Doyoung having a sasaeng encounter at night. Mr. Baek is stiff and worried for Doyoung. He expected the worst and Mr. Baek knew it would happen soon.

 

"Did anything hurt?" Mr. Baek asked. He sat next to Doyoung and felt his hand to check his temperature but Doyoung shook his head... then blood started to drip. 

 


"Hyung!" Chenle's eyes got bigger but Mr. Baek stopped him using his hand. Chenle stood frozen, halting his reaction while watching his hyung whimper. 

 

Chenle's visions shifted to Jaemin's frigid face. He doesn't understand what's happening. It's been 15 minutes since Doyoung nosebleed but the blood isn't stopping! Doyoung's face is white as snow, his eyes are red-shot while he looks like a vegetable groaning from time to time. 

 


"Breath from your mouth." Mr. Baek instructed. He sighs when Doyoung shook his head and gripped the older's shirt. 

 

"Jaemin, hold him. We need an ambulance." Mr. Baek gets his phone while the blood is still on his shirt. Jaemin carefully holds Doyoung, his eyes are blank and Chenle is so close to panicking. He didn't understand what's occurring but he knew that it's not good. 

 

Dr. Jin receives the call and quickly gets to his car. The van customized for Doyoung was driven swiftly. 

 

Chenle witnesses Doyoung getting carried to the van by people he never knew in his life. There's a man quickly attending to Doyoung before patting Jaemin on the shoulder before getting in. Jaemin is calm, unlike Chenle who is itchy to question him about the hell happening to his house. They went back an hour ago and Doyoung seems stressed but not sick. He excused himself and went to the bathroom alone but Jaemin stubbornly joined him. 

 

Chenle thought that Jaemin is taking care of Doyoung and preparing for tea but he was dragged by Mr. Baek arrived at his house then Doyoung started to whisper words Chenle didn't catch. Then s happened after Doyoung bleed blood like there's a damn faucet of juice opened. Chenle called for someone to take care of the blood swimming on the marble floor. He uses Chinese while talking with his helper.

 

"Go home to the dorm Jaemin. I will send you there." Mr. Baek finally spoke, the younger nodded his head without saying anything then without any words they were out of Chenle's house. 

 

--

"I'm going too." Chenle stubbornly said as he got in and glared at Jaemin. He needs an answer and this couldn't wait for long. He is anxious and scared. Afraid that something happened to his hyung while Jaemin is calm. Freaking calm like something that isn't part of his personality awakens.

 


"Hyung, what happened to Doyoung Hyung?" Chenle mutters after a while. The car is silent for minutes but Chenle's tension isn't leaving him for good. His heart pounds rapidly and louder making him think that his ribs will fall out sooner because of the tremor. 

 


"Don't tell anyone what you saw Chenle." Mr. Baek said in a fierce voice. 

 

"What do you mean hyung? You're scaring me! What happened to Doyoung hyung? He won't die right?" The words are like acid to his mouth, Chenle cheeks started to turn red and the veins on his neck are visible through his pale skin. 

 

"No." Mr. Baek focused on driving but didn't answer Chenle's major question. Jaemin isn't explaining anything or glancing at him. He stayed expressionless without moving, like a statue looking ahead the road. 

 

--


"Get some sleep and keep quiet." Mr. Baek left them behind and Jaemin nodded like a robot. 

 

Chenle stares at Jaemin inside the elevator. His throat is sluggish and he couldn't find words to ask him. When they were near the door. Chenle holds Jaemin's wrist to face him. 

 

"Hyung..." Jaemin blinked as he had just come back from the deep thoughts but still didn't say a word. It's his second time witnessing Doyoung's attack and he never gets used to it. He felt a wheel spinning in his stomach, an awful sensation that is not easy to get rid of. 

 

"Chenle... I can't tell." Jaemin whispered. His voice is quiet and vividly reaches Chenle's ear. 

 

"Hyung! You need to tell me! I need to know!" Chenle is hyperventilating and his voice is reaping louder. Jaemin ignored him and opened the door but Chenle hauled him and they both went inside. 


Jisung was startled when his two hyungs appeared on the entrance door. He is about to greet them and ask them why they get back to the dorm but Chenle's eyes are full of tears and hardly clasping Jaemin's shirt. 

 

"Why are you acting cold? Huh?" Jaemin's eyes are still blank, cold, and apathetic. Chenle wanted answers and he's being a brat but he can't help it. He. just. see. his. hyung. dying! He will lose it. 

 

"Na Jaemin! It hurts...." Chenle's eyes were full of tears but didn't bother to wipe them. He breathed heavily and glared at Jaemin begging, needing a reaction from his hyung and not his unconcerned gaze.


Jisung's eyes widened while Renjun and Jeno opened the door from their room because they heard the noises. Jeno promptly went to hold Chenle, stopping him from clenching Jaemin's shirt that is now crumpled. 


"Guys! Stop! Why are you fighting?" Renjun asked and went to help Jeno to pull Chenle away from Jaemin causing him to let go of Jaemin.

 

Jaemin didn't speak and returned to walking but Chenle held his hands and shouted at him. 

 

"Hyung! Why did you-" 


Jaemin stares at him with bizarre expressions and Chenle is forced to close his mouth.


"Chenle. If words come out from your mouth, I won't forgive you." Chenle's blurred visions are hurt and broken. He stopped struggling and he started to sob. Painful sobs that Jeno, Jisung, and Renjun get shocked. Jaemin closes the door while Chenle is pushed to the sofa by the remaining members. 

 

No one dared to ask Chenle what happened. He looks stunned and the members are too flabbergasted to ask Jaemin about their fight. Chenle cried until dawn. He was sometimes startled but he didn't speak or tell them what's the cause of the fight until he completely fell asleep. 

 

Jeno checked for Jaemin and saw tears on his sleeping face. Jisung also went to check on him earlier and didn't come out from his room. He stays in Jaemin's room cuddling him with bags under their maknae's eyes. Jeno sighs. He knew something was wrong with Jaemin but he didn't realize that Chenle was also involved. They didn't know what's the cause of the fight but based on their members' reaction, it was something big and painful. 

 

--


Early morning comes and Jaemin still has no message from Dr. Jin nor Mr. Baek. He is worried and scared. He wanted to tell Chenle and seek comfort from him but he promised... He promised his hyung that he won't tell anyone unless he said so. It's painful watching begging him. Is this what Doyoung feels when he keeps it from them? Or worse when he told him? He didn't know! But the pain in his heart is excruciating and entirely feels like ripping it to pieces. Jaemin withstood it. He already made a decision- and whatever happens, he will hold his hyung hand... He will protect him. 


"Jisung-ah, we have work." Jaemin was surprised when he saw Jisung on his bed but didn't mind. He needed comfort and Jisung gave it to him in his own way. 

 

"Hmm, Hyung?" Jisung watches his hyung smile at him. In a sleepy daze, he sits at the bed and holds Jaemin's face between his big hands. 

 

"Are you okay?" Jisung asked, Jaemin's gaze avoided him and eventually shook his head. He won't lie because it's useless. They hug before Jaemin whispers thanks and leaves the room. 

 

Chenle is still in a daze and Jaemin is having a hard time staring at him. He sleeps on the sofa with Renjun on his side. He is still in shock and Jaemin clenches his jaw before touching Chenle's hands to get his attention. The younger one looks vulnerable, his eyes are swollen and his cheeks are fully red. His lips tremble while staring at him asking him with so many emotions but remain voiceless. Jaemin's heart weakens to the member, he gulps and speaks an apology.


"Shhh... I'm sorry. I'm really sorry, Chenle. But believe hyung that I trust you... So much that I-" Jaemin avoid his eyes and wipe Chenle's new form tears.

 

"I can't too." Jaemin whispers in a low voice, with a hurt expression on his face. Chenle nodded hiccupping. He hugs Jaemin tightly and mumbles his sorry. 


Mr. Baek opened the door and sighed when he saw the young members. He has been worried since last night but he trusts Jaemin to handle it. He feels much more tired than he was but still nodded to Jaemin when they locked eyes.