Chapter 22

Nct127: Kim Doyoung FADED

Chapter 22

"Where are they going?" Jungwoo asked, looking at the anxious members. He sat near Jaehyun and frowned after seeing his hyung fidget. 

"To the hospital," Yuta mumbled and gazed at Jungwoo. 

"Why?" Jungwoo felt the sudden chills through his nape. He glances at the two members. 

"Doyoung is in the hospital," Jaehyun whispered and earned a shocked reaction from Jungwoo.

--

From Doyoungie,

Hyung, go to the annex parking lot. Baek hyung will get you from there. 

-End-

Taeil anxiously read the message while Johnny focused on driving. He told Johnny what Doyoung sent him and received a nod from the taller man. Twenty minutes is like an hour when Taeil unbuckles his seat belt and meets Johnny's gaze. They were at the annex parking lot like Doyoung told them. 

Mr. Baek spotted the two men walking and grimaced when he saw Taeil. He sighs while guiding the members to ride the elevator. They were silent. Adversity is in the air but no one dares to breathe or tries to flee from it. The elevator opens and the hallway emerges welcoming them, the area is deserted. Only a few people with medical uniforms are seen in the vicinity. Johnny massively gulps while following their manager, afraid of what is waiting for them. 

"He's here." Mr. Baek announces and opens the door. Johnny and Taeil are full of uncertainty. The first thing they see is Doyoung's extra pale complexion and an IV on his left arm. His eyes are sluggish with no hint of radiance like they used in greeting them. There were bags under his eyes and Johnny didn't know how to react, his shoulder started to wobble as he met the gaze of his friend. 

"I told you to come alone but I guess Taeil hyung misses me too." Doyoung beamed while the two men who looked like they were about to weep sat near him. 

"W-What happened?" Johnny queries, he touches Doyoung arm and quickly pulls out his big hand because he could feel how frail Doyoung's thin arm is. 


"I'm sorry for contacting you just now hyung," Doyoung uttered, his voice was soft but everyone in the room heard him. He looked directly into their eyes, without a warning he spoke.

"I was attacked by a stalker and I fell into a coma. I'm sorry for not being careful. I-I didn't know that he would corner me that night and..." Doyoung's voice is full of terror and Taeil caresses him with his eyes watering. 

They didn't know! It felt like forever since they heard of Doyoung's delicate voice. They overthink and barely accuse him of not reaching them but hearing how ominous his story made them relinquish. Taeil could hear Johnny's whimper and Doyoung, who is now vulnerable, calmed them.


"Why didn't you tell us?" Taeil asked his face in distress but couldn't blame Doyoung for it. He touches the bridge of his nose holding a snort. 

 

"I-I didn't find out until that night. I've been receiving messages from him but I thought it was from an ordinary fan..." Doyoung bit his lips and met 's gaze. 

 

"Oh my god Doyoung... You should've called us. I-I... W-We were so worried about you." Johnny mutters, pain is evident on his face. He scowled and dwindled his eyes to Doyoung's sick image. 

 

"Jaemin and Chenle found me that night. They saved me." Doyoung smiles while remembering the two boys but he didn't expect to find the defeated faces of the two older men in front of him. 

 

"So... that's why they fought?" Taeil's voice is like a whisper but Doyoung's face is stunned after hearing it and his mouth forms a thin line appearing on his face. 


Doyoung knows better how Jaemin handles the situation since Chenle doesn't know his illness. If he thinks of Chenle's personality, he must beg Jaemin for answers, and knowing Jaemin, He would be quiet and won't say a thing, which hurts him more. He wheezed for the heat encircling his chest, the aching arose on his face and overlooked the two men in front of him. 

 

"Doyoung are you okay? You can rest now since it's late. I will stay here with you." Taeil proposed and a faint smile appeared on his soft face. 

 


"No hyung, I'm fine. I just... feel thankful to them but I give them painful memories, no wonder Chenle keeps crying when he visits me." Doyoung muttered. Johnny and Taeil look at him with surprise but Doyoung fails to catch their expressions. The two men only let go of the sentiment of grief with the two young members that seem to be more trusted than them who've been with Doyoung for a long time. It's an awkward feeling and Johnny tried his best not to whimper and just accept the factors. Willingly.

 

--

Taeil is furious after hearing that Doyoung was stabbed and falls into a coma without informing them on hand. They have been informed of the details but he couldn't let go of his frustrations because they only know just now. They weren't around when Doyoung was alone fighting to stay alive.

He felt the burden of telling s especially their leader and it will surely affect the group. Johnny is outside buying drinks because of the enormous emotions they just felt. Taeil is thankful that Doyoung is fine now because he will surely break down if he witnesses Doyoung's raw spectacles. He mentally noted Jaemin and Chenle. Those kids are stronger than he thought. He feels ashamed showing his uncool volatile stance.

 

"Taeyong and Mark are already at the dorm. Taeyong especially looking for you."Taeil's eyes glanced at Doyoung and furrowed his brow when the younger stiffened. Restless air commenced drifting rounding them. Doyoung avoided his eyes with a loud beating of his heart.

 

"Is there something wrong?" Taeil holds Doyoung's hand and the latter grip it tightly. Taeil feels Doyoung's hesitation which is rare because Doyoung and Taeyong are close friends. 

 

"Hyung... Could you not tell it to Taeyong hyung? I-I don't want to see him..." Taeil eyes are large and rounded, a cynical reflection of confusion occurs on his stares.

 

Doyoung's hands winced and his body chilled. Taeil is caught off guard by the younger reaction. He held Doyoung and told him everything is fine but Doyoung started to tear up, Taeil stood up on the chair and sat beside Doyoung. He watches his dongsaeng cry in silence and does his best to hush him.

 

"Did something happen?" Taeil questions, Doyoung flinches and glances at Taeil, battling to himself if he will tell the older member. In the end, Doyoung brushes his tears and sighs, maybe if he told Taeil, he would feel peace of mind. He needs someone who could whine about, a person who is logical and knows them so well. 

 

"The thing hyung... That night I was attacked, I was speaking with Taeyong hyung through the phone." Taeil eyes broadened. His scrutiny is on Doyoung who is telling him what exactly happened that night. 

 

"I-I don't want Taeyong hyung to know and condemn himself. It's just that... I-I... that night... I wanted to talk to him and.. he..." Doyoung tears began to fall in his pale cheeks, recollecting the rejection and how he was feeling melancholy and sad if Taeyong perceived the truth and blamed himself instead. Taeil nuzzles him and Doyoung's tears run like waterfalls. Squeezing the old member to feel his warmth, ensuring his safety.

 

--

Johnny was at the back of the door when he heard some information from Doyoung while talking with Taeil. He eyed him peacefully sleeping but the weak appearances made Johnny's spirit twinge. He didn't know what to do knowing that Doyoung was asking for help and the member who failed him was none other than his best friend. He slowly looks at Taeil who looks more lost than him. 


The ring from his phone startled them and Taeil met Johnny's gaze while he ended the call. They remained silent as they watched Doyoung's pink cheeks turn to its white and steady complexion. They heard his sleeping breathing and gradually, Johnny clenched his hand. 

 

"Guys... Time to go back." Mr. Baek informed them and the two men looked fierce while nodding to their manager. 

 

They walk to the parking lot and Mr. Baek is the one who's in the driver's seat. 

 

"Why didn't you tell us hyung?" Johnny's voice is like poison antagonizing him but he couldn't control his feelings. He feels awful and Mr. Baek isn't even irritated or assertive towards them.


"I shouldn't have told you this but there's more to this. I wanted to notify both of you but Doyoung is the one who will be hurt and I know you two didn't wish to give him more difficulty with him already weak. But I want to say the truth... Doyoung nearly died that night." Mr. Baek ignores the gasp from the two members, with silence following them. 

 

They made it to the dorm and Mr. Baek told them to rest while the two seemed like zombies while walking, not hearing their manager's concerned gaze. There's a lot of things that need explanations but knowing that they almost lost Doyoung torments them more. Taeil eyes are red shot while Johnny is the same. Yuta opened the door and received a hug from Taeil's who started to shriek and surprise the other members. They went inside, Jungwoo and Jaehyun watched them tense, getting ready for the news that will surely distort them for the worse or better.