Chapter 18

Nct127: Kim Doyoung FADED

A/N: Hi guys! I apologize for updating late. Lols, I got the story in my head for a few days but I can't find myself writing it yet. Anyways! Post Happy Halloween!!! I wish I could update a Halloween special chapter since Doyoung dresses as Shanks. Lol, but I have no time for that. Maybe when the story is completed. :) Enjoy this chapter!

 

Chapter 18

 

Doyoung shivers because of the plunk pain in his abdomen. He's been cut, not deep but enough to leave scars. His temperature drastically dropped as he was taken away from Chenle's car. He's dizzy to the point that he wants to slumber on Chenle's couch. He felt the pain and Doyoung figured that he would drop if it continued. 




 

"I need to go to the bathroom," Doyoung mumbled, he needed to see the cut, thankful that he wore a raven shirt and pants so the members won't notice. 




 

"I will go with him," Jaemin mutters under his breath as Doyoung gently pushes him away from him. 



 

"No. I need to..." Doyoung paused, his stomach hurts and his vision is getting blurry. His body trembles in a familiar chill. 



 

Jaemin opens Chenle's toilet and assists Doyoung, his shirt is wet and Jaemin is not dumped enough believing Doyoung is fine. He's screwed! Jaemin's brains quickly move. His hand quaver while watching Doyoung lifting his shirt full of blood. He needs Dr. Jin fast. His eyes are bloodshot while the pupils are shaking. Jaemin gathers his will not to drop a single tear while dialing Doyoung's doctor. 



 

"Hyung! Doyoung was stabbed. He's... Please help us.." Jaemin's voice echoes at the bathroom edges. He heard Dr. Jin gasp and ask him to do some first aid kit. 



 

Mr. Baek runs fast after he parks the car near Chenle's residence. Chenle welcomed him with a scared expression on his face. 


 

The next thing that happened didn't surprise Doyoung. He bleeds because his body can't handle the abuse. He grips his hand shaking his head to Mr. Baek while his eyes are full of tears. It hurt. So. Much. 


 

Jaemin held Doyoung without saying anything. His mind isn't thinking of anything, forcing his brain to shut down with no thoughts at all. He is bewildered and his heart is beating so fast. Frightened but the only thing that made him function is the worries for his hyung. 



 

Mr. Baek heard that Doyoung was attacked by a sasaeng fan. His face ran out of blood. He immediately calls for someone and then Dr. Jin, and surprisingly Dr. Jin is aware of the situation. He let go of his breathing when he finally saw Dr. Jin coming out of the van. 



 

"He is in danger." Those words slip on Dr. Jin's mouth, he lets Jaemin know that Doyoung is dying and he couldn't even fathom how the younger one reacts at all.


 

--

 

Mr. Baek already sent Jaemin and Chenle to the dorm. He knows that he needs to take care of the two but Doyoung needs more of his attention. 




 

The stalker was captured quickly because of Byul's help. She has intel and Mr. Baek is surprised when he calls her and Byul was ice cold while listening to him. Byul is part of the national police and Doyoung isn't aware that his cousin changes her career for his sake. Mr. Baek met her in the hospital a long time ago while Doyoung was having his check-up. They talk about Doyoung's career as an idol and the threats from fans. Mr. Baek just found himself asking for help when Doyoung told him about the strange fan. It's not necessarily dangerous but Byul and Mr. Baek didn't think that Doyoung would be alone at night. They didn't figure it out because Doyoung likes to spend his time with the members or at home in the dorm. The spectacular occasions that are not even vital lapses on their view. They were both dejected. Byul pressed her incompetence to frustrations not preventing the attack from happening. She runs wild and no one could stop her from capturing the stalker who made his way to SM. It is probably illegal, but Byul manages to track him fast and easily. Mr. Baek did not dare to speak.




 

Doyoung had stitches but luckily it won't leave him scars because Dr. Jin took care of it. But it takes a toll on his body and he can't go to work. It's silent chaos for Mr. Baek. Byul spent her time handling the case without the public knowing as consideration to her cousin but her eyes are cold and apathetic towards the culprit. It reflects violence. 




 

Doyoung's brother rushed to the hospital in the middle of filming. He went to Seoul from Busan crying his eyes when he heard what happened from Byul and Mr. Baek. Gong Myung's face is devastated while waiting at the bench near the emergency room. His brain did not function, not afraid of the director, leaving his work behind. He is terrified. Upset that his little precious brother left him behind. He couldn't feel that his body was tense and his heart was whimpering painfully in his chest. His tears pour down like a waterfall and Gong Myung spends an hour in agony and anxiety.


 

Doyoung's operation is successful but he's not awakening. In a normal way, 24 hours are needed to make sure that the patient is fine but Doyoung circumstances are different. He needs more days, or weeks to bring back what he lost. 




 

--


 

Mr. Baek talks to Jaemin in his room, leaving Chenle's apprehensive expression. He pulled Jaemin. He studies the younger face. His eyes have prints of crying last night, he could feel him shudder to anticipate the news. He could see how Jaemin handled his emotion professionally and Mr. Baek did not know if he would be glad that Jaemin is acting calmly in front of him. 



 

"Doyoung operation is successful. But because of his illness, he still has not woken up. Thank you for being strong, Jaemin. I'm aware that it has become your bad memory but I want you to know that Doyoung is strong. He will survive this and it's not your fault. You save your hyung. You and Chenle. I will let you both visit him today. Prepare for our departure." Mr. Baek patted Jaemin's shoulder. The younger one sobs but he could see that Jaemin is not tense anymore. 


 

--


 

Chenle eyes are still blurred. He was in a daze while Jaemin held his hand and left the dorm. Jeno, Renjun, and Jisung watch them leave with worries reflecting in their eyes. Mr. Kim took care of them in their schedules with no clues as to what had been happening with their members. It's an awful feeling and again the dreams won't just sit. They needed to know what the hell made their members act that way. 


 

--

 

"Doyoung has a cut in his abdomen but it's not deep. I could assure you that he will be okay and it won't leave scars. Thank you for your quick decisions. Jaemin, your aid helps him positively." Dr. Jin mutters while smiling at the younger. Chenle's eyes are big while gazing at Jaemin. 



 

Chenle wasn't aware that Doyoung was hurt. He didn't even have a single clue and look at his hyung. He couldn't believe that he acted calm and collected while helping Doyoung. Chenle quivers from the memory. 



 

"You must be Chenle. I'm Doyoung's doctor. Nice to meet you. You can call me Jin Hyung." The older man grins and Chenle is too occupied to repay a smile. He stood there accepting the handshake like a fool. 



 

"Chenle." He said and looked at Jaemin again. Dr. Jin had a hint that Chenle didn't know about Doyoung's illness and didn't say anything afterward. 


 

--

 

"I'm sorry hyung... I-I call you cold and... ." Jaemin looked surprised when he heard Chenle curse. It's awkward from his voice and using Korean tunes. Chenle was stunned that he did curse. 



 

"It's fine Chenleya but don't curse. It's a bad habit." Jaemin preaches that earn a minor smile from the young member. 



 

"I don't know how to feel hyung. I'm scared that Doyoung hyung is bleeding and I didn't know that he was cut. I-I acted like a total rascal with you... I'm sorry Jaemin hyung!" Chenle bowed his head at 90 degrees. His hands clenched and Jaemin patted his head. 




 

"I'm scared too, but my body acted on its own. It's like my brain shut down and I only care for Doyoung hyung to be better. I have never felt so numb in my entire life. I guess my fear got ahead of me and I only acted on instinct." Jaemin explains. They sit at the bench while holding each other's hands, aiming for comfort. 



 

"You did well, hyung. so well that I feel ashamed I acted like a brat." Chenle mutters, low enough for Jaemin to hear. 



 

"The management is still not saying anything. I wonder about the hyungs reaction if they knew what happened." Chenle said pouting while Jaemin didn't speak. They waited for Mr. Baek so that they could see Doyoung.