Chapter 6

Nct127: Kim Doyoung FADED

A/N: I chose this member because he is the only person who I could think of that can handle this kind of news. I know I'm giving him much credit but I believe in his personality that he could keep secrets.

Chapter 6

Doyoung loosened his grip and opened the faucet. He cleans his face while the pair of brown eyes are like a hawk watching him. Heavy atmosphere surrounds them and Doyoung almost choked when he faked a cough and decided to face the younger one. 

"Jaemin, i-it's... Hyung... Please." Doyoung can't find the words to say, afraid that the younger innocent eyes are worried and frightening. 

"Hyung... Are you sick?" Jaemin's low voice is like thunder to Doyoung. He didn't expect to be found out by any of the members and the younger of all that. He's flustered but thankful that his nose bleeding stops. 

"I'm dizzy." Doyoung touches his head. His eyes are not focusing. Jaemin lets him sit near the shower room, afraid that his Hyung is hurt. 

"Give me a minute. I will explain it to you." Doyoung said in the quietest voice, almost a whisper that only heard because they were in the same place near each other. He can feel the tension, heavy breathing, and the fear of his Hyung. He didn't answer him, instead shut his mouth while waiting for Hyung to recover. 

Five minutes passed and Doyoung was feeling better. His nose is no longer bleeding, his dizziness flees him with a blur but he is already good at communicating. 

"Jaemin. The things I will tell you, promise me that you will keep it a secret. Please... I beg you." Doyoung touches the helm of Jaemin's hoodie. The shaking hand is obvious so Jaemin nodded racing fear and his heartbeats. 

"I have had an illness since I was a child." Doyoung started lowering his head, afraid to see pity on the younger's eyes. 

"I-I... It's a sleeping abnormality. I need to sleep for more than 48 hours for my body to be healthy." Doyoung paused, with the slim braveness he meet Jaemin's eyes.

"What do you mean Hyung? Are you sick?! How sick are you? Hyung, I'm scared." Jaemin's eyes are shaking. His lips tremble while Doyoung keeps explaining his illness. 

"I'm fine now. I have medicine and vitamins. It's just that the meds are stronger than before." Doyoung said with a hint of a smile on his face. He patted the younger and tried to comfort him the best he could. 

"No, I need to tell them Hyung. I'm scared, we need doctors!" Jaemin stood up, he's panicking and Doyoung regardless of his weak body. He grabs Jaemin's wrist to halt the younger. Jaemin's eyes shake and look at Hyung afraid that he hurt him by standing up. 

"Hyung, are you okay? Oh my god. I'm so sorry Hyung." Jaemin sobs and Doyoung doesn't know how to handle it. The youngest shoulder started to tremble and the sobs are getting louder. The knock on the door startled them together. 

"Jaemin... Please. I'm okay." Doyoung pleads before Jaemin opens the door and the Dream members show up laughing but stop when they see Jaemin sobbing. 

"I'm going home," Jaemin said, then walked out of the door. The Dreams are taken aback but look at Doyoung red eyes. Haechan quickly grabs Doyoung before he collapses to the bathroom door. 

They open the door and Doyoung sees Jaemin crying. The older members are trying to comfort him but their gaze stops at Doyoung. 

"Jaemin, I'm sorry. Hyung isn't well...  That's" Doyoung stops and a frown escapes from his expression. He doesn't know what to do! He wanted to avoid it but he didn't want to pressure Jaemin. It will be hard for the younger one because it's honestly Doyoung's fault that he made a mistake. 


"Jaeminahh, Hushh." He heard Jungwoo mumble while patting the youngest. 

"Doyoung, why is Jaemin crying? He volunteered to call you to eat but why did he come back like this?" Yuta asked, with concern on his face and the members also looked at him. 

Doyoung felt the blood leave his face. He cannot answer and his brain stops moving. Those eyes are intimidating even though he knows that the members are asking to help them. He froze with his gaze locked. Jaemin flinches and when Doyoung is about to apologize, Jaemin runs and hugs him whispering how sorry he was to Doyoung. 

The members, especially the Dream, look all flustered. They haven't seen Jaemin crying face since they were still trainees. But now, his tears are raw and they can see jaemin's hurt feelings. 


"I learned that Doyoung hyung has a sickness. He has a fever when I see him vomiting in the bathroom. I tried to tell him to just rest but hyung wanted to join us. I'm so worried... huhu" Jaemin explained in between his sobs. His hands were trembling but Doyoung assured him that he was fine. Making the members gather them and check Doyoung. 

"Jaemin's right. Doyoung has a mild fever." Jaehyun said after touching Doyoung's temple.


"I'm sorry Jaeminahh, Hyung is at fault. I will rest now after eating. I can't miss Haechan's freebies right?" Doyoung patted the boy's head. Jaemin already stopped crying and kept his mouth in silence. He is still confused but he can't walk out of the room spilling his Hyung secret without his permission. He nodded and finally a smile escaped from his lips. 

"I guess everything is settled?" Renjun's sassy voice made them laugh. The 127 members are still frowning but the youngest already let it go, with Jeno hugging Jaemin's side. 

"Do, are you okay?" Yuta asked, surveying him from head to toe. 

"I am. I just did not handle Jaemin's worries. I'm afraid that he will overreact because of the stupid fever. I raise my voice. I didn't mean to shout at him." Doyoung confessed, telling straight lies to everyone without even blinking. 

"Be careful. You know that the kids are easily frightened." Johnny says but is still not convinced that Doyoung shouts at Jaemin. He knows that he was lying but isn't sure why. 

"You're lying." Taeil's voice was clear but Doyoung's eyes didn't change. He looks straight to Hyung, losing the emotions he skillfully mastered through the years. 

"I just felt like it. I'm sorry I didn't mean to say that." Taeil frowns deeper after realizing that he voices out his thoughts louder than he intended to. 


"Aren't you hungry Hyung? Jaemin hyung is already eating with us." Jisung's innocent eyes were bore to them. The older members flinch and that's how the incident ended. 

Jaemin is acting normal and sometimes tries to give Doyoung meat. Haechan is crying after he paid for all the food with his card. Doyoung felt bad and offered his card but Chenle refused it. He said that Haechan deserves it and that earned a firing gaze from Haechan. Doyoung laughs but continues to give his card, he is still guilty of making Jaemin cry. He didn't know what will happen in the future but Doyoung knows that his secret isn't safe anymore, not because he didn't trust Jaemin instead he has no power enough to keep it for himself.