Chapter 20

Nct127: Kim Doyoung FADED

Chapter 20

 

"I don't believe it," Haechan mutters, glancing at his hyung. 

 


"Me too," Taeil said while having a calm expression. 

 

"When was the last time you met Doyoung?" Yuta asked out of the blue. The members stayed silent trying to recall the memories from their heads. 

 

"Two weeks ago? After the practice?" Jaehyun with a sharp memory mutters with a frown on his handsome face. 

 

"How about the others?"

 

"Also two weeks ago." 

 

"We haven't heard of him since that night." Haechan taunted. A fragile memory plays to his head while looking pale and suddenly finds his phone to call someone. 

 

"Renjun-ah, Can I ask you a question?" His heart is beating faster while the older members gaze at him with confusion. 

 

"When was the last time Chenle and Jaemin fought?" He asked. The members look at him with bewilderment. They never heard that there's a fight between the younger members and dropping names was truly unexpected. 

 

Haechan ended the call and his wrinkle deepens. Haechan never believed in coincidence but he had this sixth sense in him that made him feel uncomfortable, a cold feeling on his stomach telling him that more things are happening and Haechan is afraid to confirm it on his own. 

 

"What do you mean by Jaemin and Chenle fighting? We were never informed." Jungwoo asked while glaring at their maknae. 

 

Haechan twitches after realizing his mistake. It was supposed to be a secret between the Dream members only except for Mark. He accidentally found out about the fight after hearing the ruckus while he was talking on the phone with Renjun. He is also frantic to run to their dorm but Renjun and Jeno assure him that everything is already fixed by the two members. Haechan did not buy it and came to check Jaemin and Chenle the next day but it turns out that they already fixed it and are acting normal than ever. 

 

Jeno, Jisung, and Renjun did not speak much because they didn't know the cause of the fight but Haechan was informed that Doyoung, Jaemin, and Chenle had been hanging out often even before it happened. Haechan isn't paranoid enough to think that Doyoung is related to the two for the fight to break out suddenly. But things such as coincidence often happen by one's actions and Haechan couldn't think of anything other than those reasons. 

 

"I-I'm not supposed to say it though." Haechan hesitated but his mind is running wild and keeping him on track is hard because he feels like he will do something bad to s if his brain continues. 

 

"Two weeks ago, on the same night, Doyoung hyung went alone. Jaemin and Chenle fought. I accidentally heard Chenle's sobs and shouting while talking with Renjun on the phone. They never said the cause though but Jaemin was pissed enough to ignore Chenle's crying state." Haechan explained in a low voice. He bite his lower lip while looking at the ground feeling the guilt of spilling the tea. 

 

"What does Doyoung have to do with that? And how are they now?" Johnny asked, looking concerned and bewildered by the sudden information. 

 

"They have been hanging out for a while now after Doyoung hyung hiatus. Chenle even had lots of scheduled meetings with Doyoung hyung, also Jeno saw them three talking seriously at the company's lobby. I-I'm not sure. I-I just think that maybe it has to do with why Doyoung hyung won't be participating in our comeback." Haechan messed up his hair but still looks worried for s. 

 

"I will talk to Jaemin," Taeil announces and looks for Yuta. 

 

"Then I will join you," Yuta said while nodding his head. 

 

"No. We need to talk to them both and ask them directly." Johnny retorted. The members look worried, especially Jaehyun. The younger man is close to him and Jaemin isn't the type of person who will act that way without reason. He started to feel worried. 

 

"But hyung..." Haechan's protests didn't hear, after seeing the grim expressions from his hyungs. He sighs and takes out his phone to call for the members. 

 

--

Jaemin and Chenle just got home from the hospital. They received a call from Haechan while on the way to their dorm and informed them that the hyungs wanted to ask them something. Chenle isn't in a mood to speak while Jaemin expected it to happen soon enough. Haechan also briefly told them the causes of the sudden summoning. 

 

They arrive at exactly 6:00 pm. The other Dream members are present and also aware of the situation. They were told by the hyungs that Doyoung isn't participating in the next comeback and the Dreams were also upset because of the news. 

 

"We didn't believe that Doyoung didn't refute the decision. His personality is far from being selfish." Johnny commented in a rough tune, cannot hide his emotions. 

 

The NCT members minus the way v members gathered at the living room to talk about Doyoung's disappearance for the last weeks. 

 

"I heard from Haechan that Jaemin and Chenle were often hanging out with him. I'm ashamed to ask but did you two notice about him acting strange?" Yuta asked in a sharp voice, not trying to pressure the young members but his expression was fierce that gave a flinch from Haechan, Jisung, and Renjun.

 


"We also know that you guys fought exactly two weeks ago before Doyoung shut himself out and ignored our messages and calls." Johnny with his tall figure screams of intimidation. But aside from the maknae, Jaemin and Chenle remain in their poker face. 

 


"Yes, we fight but only because of misunderstanding. We already fixed our issues hyung." Chenle reasoned out not breaking eye contact. Renjun went to him and held his arm while Jeno and Jisung guard Jaemin watching their hyungs cornering their friends. 

 

"No guys, I'm sorry. We did not invite you here to blame you or anything. We sincerely worried when we heard the two of you fought and Doyoung hasn't replied to our inquiries for a long time. We assume you meet him two weeks ago and that's the only clue we had." Johnny retorted and back out. He saw the Dream members' expressions and Johnny's heartbreak because he felt like he pressured the youngest members without realizing it. 

 


"I can't tell the reason for our fight hyung." Jaemin pointed out, not having an expression on his face. He looks cold and impassive. Chenle's eyes go to him and for a moment, fear reflects on his eyes and slowly touches Jaemin's palms, transmitting comfort. 

 

"Hyung, ask me instead. Please it's not Jaemin's hyung fault." Chenle eyes started to become moist. Tears run fast and he starts to sob, he faithfully covers his small body to Jaemin protecting him from the gaze and to any negative sentiments he will detect. He rushed out and trembled while holding Jaemin's hands.

 


The members are stunned. Haechan goes to Chenle apologizing while Renjun also goes to him to stop him from crying. Johnny's jaws dropped while Taeil and Yuta were shocked. Jungwoo and Jaehyun left speechless after witnessing Chenle's outburst. Jeno and Jisung also go to Jaemin but his expression seems out of it anymore. He remains in a daze while Chenle's crying face grips Jaemin trying to apologize but hold himself. They are supposed to tell them what happened that night, how he was scared, and blame Jaemin for not telling him what happened while acting cold. Chenle couldn't find his voice after remembering his trauma. They both need time to finally tell the members and Chenle cannot handle the burden while Doyoung still is not waking up. He blamed himself and many negative thoughts sped in his head. Chenle started to cry louder. 

 


Chenle only realized his outburst when he felt the familiar arms holding him. Jaemin is wiping his tears and offers safety. He whispers words that make Chenle feel warm and he slowly stops sobbing. The hyungs' faces are defeated. They feel terrible and blame themselves for not acting considerate. They also hug and apologize to the younger members while Haechan is full of guilt for making them experience the pressure. The meeting ended without them speaking anything. The Dream also went back to their dorms and was promised by the hyungs that they won't ask them again about the fight unless they tell it to themselves. 

 


Taeil is drinking coffee at the kitchen island while in a daze. He felt lost and hurt. He blamed himself for being ahead not thinking of s' feelings before acting. He should ask their permission first or slowly make them comfortable, not the sudden interrogation. He feels bad and guilty. What kind of hyung was he? He didn't even confirm that Doyoung had something to do with it. He feels defeated and Taeil has an internal battle not noticing the other members already joined him. 

 

"We're fools," Yuta commented while bitterly grinning. 

 

Johnny twitches while Jungwoo and Jaehyun sigh at his remark. 

 

"indeed."  


They all agreed.